RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Some new info on the torque control.

Got some excellent info out of Castle. I really appreciate how straight forward they are with their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Porfert View Post
    The Traxxas drag car is the first setup to use the full capabilities of Castle Link Live. The technology was available and we were actually working with them on the drag car when the XO-1 was being finalized. (It has been a hard 2 months not letting it slip about the drag car) The reason for the RPM sensor on the XO-1 on the drive shaft is so they know if you try to change the gearing on a locked system. If their receiver sees a different RPM than expected and its still locked, it prevents you from accelerating further. The ESC knows the precise RPM of the motor because...it's actually driving the motor. I'm not sure why they chose not to implement the CLL protocol with the XO-1.

The CLL protocol allows nearly all settings to be adjusted remotely. The biggest problem we have is that we need the cooperation from other manufacturers to use their protocols to sync them with ours. So far it appears no one else is wanting to play ball. The CLL feature as been available for almost a year and half, the Traxxas setup is the first to utilize the feature.

So what we have here is a skill level 1 car having CLL, which is just an amazing feature, a real game changer for rc.

On the other hand, we have the skill level 10 XO-1 that was developed right around the same time not gettting this functionality.

I find that quite frustrating.

Considering Castle says, as you can see above, that the CLL protocol has been in their ESC's for over a year now, I still believe this functionality could be brought to all the other models that use CC ESC's if Traxxas updates thier app.

Dear Traxxas,

Will you please update your app, or explain why we cannot have this functionality on the XO-1 (and the other models, such as the E-Revo Brushless)?

I believe it would be a huge step forward for the hobby, and bring a new level of interest from people that understand the importance of being able to actually adjust the ESC on the fly.

These features have so much potential.... but we can't get them without help from Traxxas.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice, Thank for sharing this with everyone.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC Racer
    I agree d, u take a car double the price of the funny car and equip it with more remote programming that just does not make since to me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Got some excellent info out of Castle. I really appreciate how straight forward they are with their products.

So what we have here is a skill level 1 car having CLL, which is just an amazing feature, a real game changer for rc.

On the other hand, we have the skill level 10 XO-1 that was developed right around the same time not gettting this functionality.

I find that quite frustrating.

Considering Castle says, as you can see above, that the CLL protocol has been in their ESC's for over a year now, I still believe this functionality could be brought to all the other models that use CC ESC's if Traxxas updates thier app.

Dear Traxxas,

Will you please update your app, or explain why we cannot have this functionality on the XO-1 (and the other models, such as the E-Revo Brushless)?

I believe it would be a huge step forward for the hobby, and bring a new level of interest from people that understand the importance of being able to actually adjust the ESC on the fly.

These features have so much potential.... but we can't get them without help from Traxxas.
    castle does sell a cable that allows the esc to remain connected to the receiver then you just plug the programing link into the y cable. Also does the field program card adjust the torque settings? Thats another option.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    castle does sell a cable that allows the esc to remain connected to the receiver then you just plug the programing link into the y cable. Also does the field program card adjust the torque settings? Thats another option.
    Oh I've got a Castle link, I'm fully capable of programming the ESC via the traditional methods. Thats not the point of this.

My rub here is PeterV telling me there's no aditional functionality being held back from the XO-1, and then the drag car comes out right after it, with additional funtionality... which according to the ESC manufacturer is present but unsupported on the XO-1.

RC Champion
    PeterV- "Bashing us over it isn't going to be an incentive to change the app."

Yea ducati you are just becoming annoying by asking for traxxas to step up. J/K!!!

My question is will traxxas step up. I sure hope traxxas goes integrates CLL into their TQi transmitter ASAP!
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-12-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Oh I've got a Castle link, I'm fully capable of programming the ESC via the traditional methods. Thats not the point of this.

My rub here is PeterV telling me there's no aditional functionality being held back from the XO-1, and then the drag car comes out right after it, with additional funtionality... which according to the ESC manufacturer is present but unsupported on the XO-1.
    Considering this entire technology is fairly new to Traxxas and that the XO-1 as well as the new dragsters and the newer TQI setup is not been out very long and information is not as abundant as we all would like it to be.... But it's coming around.... I suggest a little patience.
    What? You think Traxxas says, wow here's a really cool and handy function.... Let's not use it on all of our models.....
    I also don't think Peter V should be given a razzing either. He IS trying to get the information out as soon and as accurately as possible.... You seem to think there is some kind of conspiracy..... I highly doubt that...

It's like any other totally new model with new electronics and a fairly new market...

Honestly some people just like to stir the pot and cause the drama...

So in your post you've seemed to not remember this is a Traxxas forum, by Traxxas... Here's some rules you might have been forgetting so I'm politely informing you you are currently violating a couple rules.

8. No Traxxas Bashing. This is the Traxxas online community for Traxxas enthusiasts. It will naturally have a pro-Traxxas bias. It’s simple. If you don’t like Traxxas and wish to discredit us with your misinformed rants and opinions, then don’t be a member of our community. Your posts will not be tolerated. You will not be allowed to wage your personal crusade against Traxxas in our online community. Go someplace else.

This is a forum, not Traxxas Customer Support, who you are more than welcome to call, write, or email.

You are capable of dialing in your motor with your CLL, and you've repeatedly made points about the TQI system in other threads while being helpful at the same time for others.

You've made multiple posts in complaint of the TQI system. It's noted. I'm locking this thread now. It's ran it's course.

Further posts in complaint of Traxxas products or employees will earn you points. Simple.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 04-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall