RC poster

i wonder why they came out with this car?

RC Qualifier
    I think the big sponsorship with John Force Racing had something to do with it. There is a lot of rc drag racing in the world too.
    2 Stampede's, E-Maxx, Extended chassis T-Maxx 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Because it looks like a lot of fun and ties in with their current marketing strategy.

RC Racer
    Because with NHRA to back it they will sell thousands just to fans... and for us RC guys its pretty cool and I see them selling alot to us as well!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    -JuRRd

It doesn't take a lot of thought to understand this car, marketing marketing and marketing. Plus its a freaking awesome car!
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    It doesn't take a lot of thought to understand this car, marketing marketing and marketing. Plus its a freaking awesome car!
    And also Marketing... Lol

Tapatalk PRO
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Qualifier
    Because Traxxas is all about innovation. I can see 2 kids getting these and racing them on their Cul de sac. Another kids shows up and wants one too, and three and four. Makes sense to me

yea, but at 500 a pop...ouch.

I admit, I can see the customer base and the fitment into their current venture. I just hope it wasnt too soon after the XO-1 hit the market.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ferntfernt3 View Post
    same here???????????????
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax View Post
    Because Traxxas is all about innovation. I can see 2 kids getting these and racing them on their Cul de sac. Another kids shows up and wants one too, and three and four. Makes sense to me
    and that
    would be smart so they can run them into curbs lol
    vxl rustler
    slash

its called yahoo use it

RC Qualifier
    Question is why only 70mph seems awful slow to be a drag car
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    1/8 scale...
    70mph converted to 1:1..... 8 x 70 = 560mph....
    560mph x real life factor / Pi + Wednesday x (Castle green / Traxxas blue) = .....

Pretty fast.
    Nobody is born with experience

and the DTS-1 makes it just that bit more fun to race each other.
    No more arguing who won, who cheated. That is one cool idea.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    560mph x real life factor / Pi + Wednesday x (Castle green / Traxxas blue) = .....

Pretty fast.
    Pi+ Wednesday lol
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Champion
    Keep in mind that die cast collectibles of NHRA vehicles is pretty big business as well. These can run in the $100's as well. So, for this to be $500 AND radio controlled 1/8 scale... I don't think they'll have a problem selling them.
    Jeremy

RC Competitor
    i have over a hundred JFR diecasts about $15 000 worth i will get john's car and probably never drive it just put in the case with the rest of them.
    .26 revo
    slash2wd&4w4
    summit
    embe
    2erbe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I disagree. 70 mph is dang fast for any rc car. Especially one marketed to kids at sporting events. The XO-1 has really skewed our perception of fast, make no mistake, any rc that can hit 70 is a brutually fast car.

On top of that.... Traxxas has only "rated" this setup for 3s, when the same combo has been used effectively on 4s, and the controller probably capable of 6s.... assuming its a rebadged MMP.

If they can hit 70 on 3s, this car has crazy potential. 100+ seems like it'd be pretty easy, and I haven't seen how much room there is for gearing, but because it uses their standard 32 P spurs from the other models, I think there's a lot of room to gear up, and to volt up....

The sky is the limit with this car.... and looking at the layout, the shape of the body... the thing just might be easier to drive at speed than the XO... but thats speculation.
    Last edited by ducati777; 04-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.

RC Champion
    I hope I can fit my 4s or 2 x 3s.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    It is slow man.. FOR a Drag Car.

I just built 2 RC Dragster and there VERY first run were 88.5 in 1.6 sec at 132FT. TEST RUN

I love the look of the car but that's about it. I would like to buy it too mess around with but guys are going to call me out to race if they see me with it and I know what the out come will be..

And guys if you know any thing about drag racing adding more battery with NOT drop your ET it may make you slower.

I see almost every one want to run 4S 5S 6S That will not make you faster. I drag race every weekend. I'm no expert but I'm learning..
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-06-2012 at 11:35 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
    And guys if you know any thing about drag racing adding more battery with NOT drop your ET it may make you slower.

I see almost every one want to run 4S 5S 6S That will not make you faster. I drag race every weekend. I'm no expert but I'm learning..
    Its a drag car you dont need high mah rating batteries weight wont be a problem with a 4s 3300 o 4000 mah with a 50-100 c rating.

This thing will be at a 100mph in no time with all the people out there and how innovative they are.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-06-2012 at 11:34 PM.

To most of you who have posted here: thank you so much for the excitement and kind words. I'd guess that Traxxas personnel find it very gratifying that their hard work is appreciated.
    To those who cannot seem to appreciate this and have made it their career to bash the new releases: your act has gotten old. It's fine to not like them, but do it somewhere else. Perhaps you could even act like productive members of the Community (that's people working together btw) and make suggestions regarding what you would like to see in the future. But do this in the appropriate forum.
    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The Traxxas Funny Car is meant to simulate full-size drag racing as closely as possible. Had it been designed to compete with purpose-built competition RC drag vehicles, it would have been a very different and much less versatile machine. It's hard to think of a funny car as "versatile," but the Traxxas Funny Car does have a differential and suspension so that it can run on real-world surfaces (namely, un-prepped parking lots).

Our car does no have stuck-like-glue traction where you just yank the trigger and the car goes down the track. You have to do a burnout first to get heat into the tires, and you have to set the car's torque so that you don't spin the tires, but also avoid soft-pedaling the car so much that you give your competitor an advantage. With the DTS-1 system, it gets really 'real' because the tree drops the lights as soon as both cars are staged. You really have to be on your toes to pull off a winning pass. Staging by RC, setting the torque just right, and launching with Launch Control is a new RC experience and a fun challenge. It's not the same as just driving a Rustler in a straight line.

A tech note: we don't re-badge anything. We don't put Traxxas decals on the Castle systems in the E-Revo and E-Maxx because they use off-the-shelf, unmodified systems. The XO-1 and Funny Car have Traxxas labeling because they are made for Traxxas with non-standard software and/or hardware. In those instances, they are 'Traxxas' speed controls. You can install other electronics in the Funny Car if you want, but you'll lose some of the electronic features that make it unique.