RC Qualifier

Has THIS ever happened to anyone????

I had the Nitro reborn to VXL out on the dirt track today and this happened. I had a problem with the plastic pulleys getting dirt clogged in the groves and little pebbles distorting the groves and throwing/tearing belts. So I decided to try the blue aluminum pulleys. Not even one pack through and this happened. No more $24 aluminum pulleys in my future.

If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Qualifier
    And another thing. I don't mind admitting my failures so here it goes. I love my 4 Tecs and really wanted an off road rally. So I converted one of my Nitros to electric VXL. Testing on the pavement it works like a champ. Would support anyone who wanted to give it a shot. As for dirt....don't do it. Unless you can come up with an idea that is better than all of my attempted failures. I still have the original belts on my first 4 Tec bought in 2004. I don't run it much anymore (shelf queen) but they lasted more than a couple seasons. So far, on my rally E Tec I have ripped 5 belts and destroyed the front and rear diffs (the groves were made smooth by rocks getting caught, and about 6 pulleys including the aluminum one I just bought that lasted about 5 minutes. I used lexan on the chassis holes to prevent major dirt and rocks getting into the diffs and gas tank area but they still managed to get in there and do some damage. So again, anyone trying to make a N Tec to E Tec conversion...go for it. Just keep it on the road. Stay off the dirt. Wait for a shaft driven 4WD car. If you have any ideas that I haven't covered, try those and let me know how they turned out for you. My E 4 Tec rally days are over.

RC Racer
    What wheels and tires are you using?
    -JuRRd

RC Qualifier
    Those are, I believe, HPI wheels and Tamiya rally tires.