RC Competitor

brushless system

my friend needs some help, what do you guys think is the best motor/combo for under 80$? or the cheapest brushless system that won't bust up on you after a couple runs

RC Champion
    Man I would just spend the money (or save up) and get a castle or vxl system.
    Usually cheap stuff just doesn't last. You get what you pay for.

RC Racer
    You should keep an eye out in the marketplace. Every now and then there's a good deal on a used VXL system.
    E-MAXX 3905 + Villain IV + Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Here. .
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-9t-3650-motor.html

$70 plenty fast and great starter. Also is best run on 2s Lipo. Perfect ! Save the extra 50+ you would spend on the other systems and get a lipo battery or a charger

Not saying castle and VXL systems aren't great but if your on a budget this is a good way to start.
    1 Slash 3 Rustys & visits with my old P4de/SC8

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I just bought a lightly used VXL 3S system for $85 shipped... no kidding.

But, those deals don't come around very often. If you want a good but cheap system you could look at the EZrun 35amp ESC (approx $35) and the Tacon 3650 series motor in a KV rating of 2950-3500 (about $25). If you get the EZrun program card as well (about $10 or so shipped on e-bay) you'll have a good system, known to last and perform well. My neighbours run the 35amp ESC and the 2950kv tacon motor in their stampede and its lasted perfectly... they are NOT easy on it either. Im very impressed with it overall.

RC Enthusiast
    i just purchased the ezrun 35 combo, the one with the kv3000 is the only one available, they do not have the esc by itself, i took advantage of the free shipping and got a tacon 3848xl kv4300 i beleive for an extra 21 bucks, just to have options. supposedly that tacon motor is a very popular upgrade for the stampede.

based on a lot of research that i have done i can say that on the sub 80 price bracket there is nothing like those combos from hobbypartz,after that you have to jump for the 100 plus.

good luck

RC Competitor
    AZ racer, that combo says its on road, but do you think it would just fine off road? i guess its not that big of a difference

RC Champion
    Yeah it's great for both. The one I built was with 23/86 and 2s lipo. Plenty of speed possibly even a 21 pinion would be better. Just monitor motor temps.

RC Champion
    Do you have to use the program card?
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No, it can be programmed via the remote but for $8 its worth getting the program card... the remote programming isnt so easy. But it is possible.

RC Champion
    Yeah if your ESC has the option for a program card no matter what brand it is. . . GET IT

RC Champion
    i have had the hobby wing 60 amp esc for over 3 years now and love it when i got mine it came with a 5.5 motor but i now run my vxl motor off of it since i'm racing dirt oval and the 5.5 was too much motor for the track i race at