RC poster

Rear end trying to catch up with front end! What might cause this?

I have had my 3.3 4-tec for a couple months now and have ran it a lot. For some reason the last couple times it seems like the rear is trying to whip around. I first thought it was my junky tires i was running so i changed them and it got a little better but it wasn't perfect, the way I want it. If anyone has had this happen and fixed it please let me know what you did or if you have any ideas on what would cause this.
    Thanks,
    Ben

RC Champion
    I run foam tires with the rears being about 4mm wider than the fronts. just wide enough where they miss the suspension by about 1mm.. Also setup really makes a difference here. make sure your shocks are the same length, fluid is consistant and the camber and caster is the same... Its can be something very subtle.. One other thing to check.. How is the body and the rear wing. If the wing is loose or the body torn up, it WILL have a huge effect on the way the car holds the ground.. Try driving without the rear wing at speeds.. its almost impossible and will spin out in turns..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    thanks for the input. what is the easiest way to check the camber caster and toe with out having to buy a expensive kit? can it be done with a protractor somehow? how do you guys do it?

RC Qualifier
    I use my smartphone. There is a Level Ap and that helps out a lot. If you don't have that, I think you can get a guage on ebay for like $5 if that.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Racer
    in a nitro rustler if the greas in the rear dif is bad it will spin out on take off out of control
    aluminum for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy-73 View Post
    in a nitro rustler if the greas in the rear dif is bad it will spin out on take off out of control
    True, but these cars are 4wd, not 2wd, His problem is/was more of a setup thing.. also the body plays an important role with downforce to the rear tires. try running a 4tec without the wing and try and take a fast turn..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3