Thread: Another Video

RC Enthusiast

Another Video

Came across this video of a heads up race at a drag event. I'm really unimpressed with this car now, these arn't inexperienced drivers, look at some of the other videos posted by him. I've been really skeptical about the car after seeing the exclusive video earlier this month because of all the slow motion footage. Maybe the ESC is in training mode or there using NiMH battery packs. I dont know but first thing AM I'm canceling my preorder and will wait until full details and capabilities are known.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago

RC poster
    They look good to me. Too much power all you do is spin the tires and lose control.

I like it this is what I wanted to see is a full speed race.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

Quote Originally Posted by NvTwist View Post
    Came across this video of a heads up race at a drag event. I'm really unimpressed with this car now, these arn't inexperienced drivers, look at some of the other videos posted by him. I've been really skeptical about the car after seeing the exclusive video earlier this month because of all the slow motion footage. Maybe the ESC is in training mode or there using NiMH battery packs. I dont know but first thing AM I'm canceling my preorder and will wait until full details and capabilities are known.
    Well, just look at the Traxxas one. The one you posted must of been with nickel metal hydrates. Don't cancel that pre order.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

Are they in training mode?
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    i think my Xo-1 spools up faster then that

RC Champion
    the traxxas vid would of been edited to look better. but the other video does look slow. but at the end of the day 70mph is fast for a stock drag race.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    Seems like they would go faster.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The traxxas one does not look any faster.
    It might be better to have a fixed cam at the end of a run. The cars look much faster there...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I see some wheel spin happening off the launch....

Honestly though, video never does justice when it comes to showing performance...... I'd recommend seeing them in person before making any kind of judgement calls....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

End of the day you need a stationary camera to see the speed of them. No matter what the conditions.
    Just think of Nascar, when they are following the cars around the track at 190+ mph with the camera it really doesnt have that fast feel. but you watch the static shot coming out of turn 4 at Daytona at the end of lap 2 and 43 cars blast by in about a second and a half you get a feel for the speed.

Stationary camera = speed. You track its movement at all, and you loose so much of the speed feel in anything.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    They do look pretty cool for thier size and new tech under the shell. Still hope to see some in action locally...

Thats a reason i killed my preorder. i want one, but im not going to buy one if im just going to be driving it in my driveway.
    It would start collecting dust real quick if there is no other racers in the area.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    We have 3 guys at our lhs that are supposed to be getting these. One of the guys is the lhs owners man so I'm just waiting to hopefully get video. They do look pretty cool. Keep trying to talk her into running them at the local dragstrip.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The cars may just need a gear change. Taller gears can sometimes make these lower kv bl motors pull harder in the mid range...

That vid gets me closer to picking one up. Shows that any parking lot can become a drag strip. I thought these were gonna need a lot more room. Still not buying one, but inching my way towards ownership lol... Now If 9 other people get them around here...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    It looks slow compared to 90mph ERevo and 93mph Jato videos. For price:speed ratio however it seems amazing, and for out of the box its freaking incredible.

RC Champion
    I saw this at my rcx yesterday and it was pretty cool.

RC Qualifier
    Watching the "demo pt 1", they are quite fast.

RC Enthusiast
    Called earlier today to check the status of my order & they hadn't got any in yet. I really not all that surprised, With so many product release dates missed in the past. Order offically Canceled.
    The UnKnown drove me to be a Rev Engineer Long Ago