Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: My FPV Summit

RC Qualifier
    Happy birthday, Vera!
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Thanks for that michaelsjo! It's officially been 3 years since the first hookup of the FPV equipment!

The past couple days I've been busy - bought a sublimation printing machine for another project - but today I've been cleaning up this insanely messy work area! I have literally $1000's worth of buttons, switches, wires, components, tools etc from this project over the past three years that I'm getting organized again.

I will hopefully get a soldering iron setup right here near the computer and get this control station and car all wired up and working as quickly as I can! It's all coming together nicely though, I'm stoked!

RC Champion
    Between 1am and now, I've built all the mounts for the monitors, joystick, audio amplifier etc.. the case is PHYSICALLY built completely. Wiring is yet to be done.

I ordered $100 worth of screws just now from a company in Quebec annnd right afterwards realized I ordered 4-40 screws not M4x40 screws Oops. They closed 3 minutes after I placed the order, hopefully they get my plea to cancel before they ship tomorrow morning! I then placed the CORRECT order through a more local company (again cook fasteners) and for 100 M4x12 (basically 6x32 screws) socket head cap screws, $3. Insanely low price. I ordered about 1,000 screws in total.

That's it for now. My attention has been stolen by another project on the side the past few days with this sublimation printer.

RC Champion
    After playing around with the transmitters all day - sigh - I wanted to get the audio hooked up to test. Worked like a charm! Very small package and very big results! 2" speaker @ 3watts 8ohms sounds perfect! Happy with how it looks too of course.

The transmitters today blew on me again. Or no wait they didn't. Oh wait, yes they did, no they didn't, yes they did, OMG! Such a head ache but it turns out it was all due to broken traces on two of the boards, found'm, fixed'm, and have done 50% of the wiring to the actual knobs/switches/joystick.

Lots of work ahead.

RC Champion
    Spent most of the day driving around to get a new rear bumper for the Bimmer, but managed to get this far on the wiring today:

Here's the, "power bus" positive and negative rail for all of the . . . power:

The current mess:

The part that I've actually organized thus far:

Still to do is:

Write all of the software for the little PIC micro, and wire all of the switches/buttons to it along with their respective LEDs. Then come up with a set of sounds I want to use, and then move on to the monitor side, get all of the AV and TX/RX finalized and built up there. THEN finish building the car's electronics, and that'll be it!

RC Champion
    I've been doing a lot of body work on my real car these days, I'm waiting on a couple replacement parts to continue with the wiring in the case. I did a bunch of wiring and such on the car itself, virtually no wires are visible it's quite cool really!

This time of year I always seem to get pulled away from this project, I CANNOT and WILL NOT let it happen again this year!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey krallopian, any updates on VERA?

RC Racer
    So...... if they decide to make another Transformers movie I won't be the least bit surprised if this masterpiece weasels its way into the storyline, lol. Very impressive!

I look at what you're doing and think I have no room to complain about soldering the fuel injection computer for my real car together. I feel like such a noob, lol.

RC Champion
    I'm so sorry to everyone who has been tirelessly following this build. I've been pretty wrapped up in a couple projects as of the past couple months, and my desk/work area is exactly as it was at this time last year - on hold. Uh yi yi!

It most certainly isn't dead but it's definitely on pause.

Thanks Mr Zed! =)

RC Champion
    Mr Zed,
    I am looking for some tips or pointers on how to combine two streams of PPM and send it over air.
    I am trying to get my headtracking FPV going with a steering wheel radio. Got the radio portion figured out by using a PPM encoder off the receiver. Now I just need to combine it with the output PPM from the Trinity HT and send it.
    Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    Any updates..?
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Champion
    Not as of yet. It's been a very busy summer thus far, but this project will most certainly start up again and be a full time 24/7 job.

Part of the reason I stopped working on it was because of the ground control station needing to be computerized, and I'm not knowledgeable enough myself to do it all and need the help of my father's electronics background, but with our schedules not lining up it made too many issues depend on each other.

The batteries are all at 3.79V a cell though still! =D

Thanks for checking in, it means a lot.

RC Racer
    What type of computer skills do you need? Maybe I could help?
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Champion
    No I can do the programming and the software etc.. it's the actual electronics portion of a few specific things. I really do appreciate the bid to help but I really want to keep this in house =)

Whoa! Talkin' bout' an extensive build. Looks like fun!

RC poster
    Well, my last visit to this forum/thread was in 2014. Wow. I just want to say well done, this looks amazing. I really hope to see the final product working by the end of this year. The ground station is amazing looking so far. Keep it going. You're on the home stretch!

RC Champion
    Hey folks, almost May and I haven't managed to get back to work on this project! I've been busy doing OTHER "projects" and some how it's almost the end of April, uh yi yi.

This project is not DEAD, but it is certainly on hold for some time, I'm sorry to anyone who was following along/still around here that was looking forward to the end result!

For the most part, I made everything do what I wanted, I got all the equipment to function, controls to work etc... and then just never managed to turn it in to a finished project. ONE day, but for now - not sure which day that'll be.

As always, thanks for the kind comments folks =)

Welcombe back from hybernation...even when you come back in late...some of s will still read and try and understand most of this awsome build, definetely an inspirationas I always say...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Poor poor Vera, sitting behind me on her stand WAITING to be assembled and bashed.

Point is, over a year and a half later, project isn't DEAD just still on hold! Hah. Early this year got in to relationship that has, quite nicely, taken all of my free time. The base station is 8ft from me and Vera is 5 ft from me. I see them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Poor poor Vera, sitting behind me on her stand WAITING to be assembled and bashed.

Point is, over a year and a half later, project isn't DEAD just still on hold! Hah. Early this year got in to relationship that has, quite nicely, taken all of my free time. The base station is 8ft from me and Vera is 5 ft from me. I see them every day.
    I am patiently waiting.lol
    Its even more relevant now that fpv has really taken off ...so to speak.lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I'm waiting too

You gone too far to let it die
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122