Stampede 6x6 how to and help

so i want to make a stampede like this,
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...70073635_n.jpg
    but i dont kno if connecting two titan 12t 550 motors on the speed control that comes with it will blow it and if it will then what can i use?

RC Qualifier
    What about using 2 4x4 chassis? I'm no engineer but its probably been done should only involve 2 chassis and 2 drive shafts. Then you could just use 1 motor.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Champion
    That's actually a 6x4.

A 6x6 would be easier. Just create a flat chassis and bolt the three transmissions to it. Then you just need to support the tops in some way.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    If you have two stampede's just sitting then you could build that. The video clearly shows all the parts. But if you just want a six wheeler and have not bought anything yet just get one of these.

Oderint Dum Metuant

thanks that thing is sick but it is $699.99 and currently i have 2 2wd slashes and $278.75

RC Champion
    That one is actually 899.99. But its RTR and actually works well.

But if you rather do it yourself you should have most of the parts needed already. Just buy a sheet of aluminum for the lower chassis and use the shock tower holes in the rear most trans to mount some supports that go back down to the chassis. Running upside down braces and hack job brackets will look terrible and not offer much.

Also if you have two esc's you could run both off of the same receiver.
    Last edited by ReaperGN; 05-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

ok sweet thanks are the slash 2wd driveshafts the same as the stampede 2wd driveshafts?

RC Champion
    No. The Stampede ones are longer just like the arms.

And if you build this you could thread some aluminum tubing and connect the rear shock towers. It would look very clean, strengthen the setup, and look like a roll cage.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

so honest opinion do you guys think i should build this or would it just be stupid
    also how do i get to esc to work with one recivers at the same time

RC Champion
    If you want to build it then go ahead. Just dont mangle any parts encase you want to put the slashes back together.

As to the esc's all you need to do is remove the red receiver wire from one of the plugs. Then use a y harness to plug them into the receiver. If you dont disconnect one of the red wires you will over load your receiver and servo.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Enthusiast
    I have seen the video also and thought it was pretty cool. I to want to build one but I need to find the time for it. the guy on the video said to email him if we had questions or wanted the instructions but didn't leave a email. lol