Need pics of the engines and Raptor.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Need pics of the engines and Raptor.
    For sure......
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    That is a nice looking boat I'm interested in the raptor myself! I think as far as fords that's on of the best truck that has gone into production in some time IMO.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Champion
    Any pics of the raptor?
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Champion
    How did the raptor tow that behemoth with its soft suspension Im curious? Whats the boat powered by?
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk View Post
    How did the raptor tow that behemoth with its soft suspension Im curious? Whats the boat powered by?
    It was overweight and it was difficult, but I am very used to towing big trailers so really the problems were backing up, and having to go up a hill in reverse

It's powered by twin v-8's.

@Rustler haha. I could imagine the boat now with a spartan paint job

RC Champion
    Nice boat! Are you an experienced boater? I love the old classic boats like that. I have an '89 and it's old school too. Something about the bolsters instead of the new sit-down style seats, the classic merc water picups instead of the new polished tube style, the sharp angles in the lines of the boat.... it's all just cool to me. Twin small blocks I assume by the size of the exhaust?

RC Qualifier
    looks about 30 feet long..
    I dream of big block power...

RC Competitor
    My dad always told me that a boat is a hole in the water you try to fill with money sweet boat tho! Should be fun

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottmh View Post
    My dad always told me that a boat is a hole in the water you try to fill with money sweet boat tho! Should be fun
    People who say that shouldn't have a boat. If you have that perspective, then that's all it is. Anyone who owns a boat is in it because they love it. I don't even want to think about the money I spend on mine... but I do it because I love it.... 150 dollar oil changes and all.

RC Champion
    Nice boat, any pics of them together? (truck and boat lol)
    Matthew 7:7

You know what B.O.A.T. means..... bust out another thousand ! Nice looking boat. The two happiest days of a boat owner is the day he buys it and the day he sells it. Good luck

RC Champion
    Yea I'm curious to see a pic of how that raptor would sit with that payload weighing on the back. Man those fox shocks in those trucks are soft. But with a 6.2L 410horsepower engine towings a breeze

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    Nice boat! Are you an experienced boater? I love the old classic boats like that. I have an '89 and it's old school too. Something about the bolsters instead of the new sit-down style seats, the classic merc water picups instead of the new polished tube style, the sharp angles in the lines of the boat.... it's all just cool to me. Twin small blocks I assume by the size of the exhaust?
    Ehhh. I guess i'm experienced. I did it alot in my teens with my dad on our old wood boat, and then when I was 32 yrs old I bought my own. It has been sitting for about 25 years, but I took her out to start doing some restore last summer, and I havn't made much progress.

It's not that I don't know how to work on them, it's just I don't have the time, and I won't until I finish my current Mustang build.

Sure boats can be a money hole, but if you buy one you have to be successful enough in life to afford one in the first place, including repairs.

Next time I tow her will be in quite awhile, (She's at the marina now) but when I can I will get a picture of the Raptor towingthe boat.

RC Champion
    You sound a lot like me! I have a boat and a pair of '67 Fairlanes in the shop. I know they aren't Mustangs but I like them because no one has a Fairlane anywhere around me... except my neighbor (what are the odds of that?)

RC Competitor
    You sound a lot like me! I have a boat and a pair of '67 Fairlanes in the shop. I know they aren't Mustangs but I like them because no one has a Fairlane anywhere around me... except my neighbor (what are the odds of that?)
    Hey well you can't argue with the fact that a 67 Fairlane is more rare then a 67 mustang haha.

What kind of boat or boats do you have?

RC Champion
    Nice boat. I also wanna see this thing hooked up to the raptor.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Champion
    I had a Baja 208 Islander for down on the bay for tubing and skiing and it would top out at a little over 65 on a good day, but then I got much more into really fast boats. I started really working on my 24' 1989 Jaws (very rare boat... only 3 others that I know of) and built the 454ci into a 496ci that would push it to 85mph. I started boating on the Chesapeake bay about 4 years ago and stopped using the Baja so I sold it last year. I got into racing last year too, so I built a 598ci 900hp monster of an engine over the winter and now it will run in the mid 90s. That's my story haha.

RC Competitor
    I had a Baja 208 Islander for down on the bay for tubing and skiing and it would top out at a little over 65 on a good day, but then I got much more into really fast boats. I started really working on my 24' 1989 Jaws (very rare boat... only 3 others that I know of) and built the 454ci into a 496ci that would push it to 85mph. I started boating on the Chesapeake bay about 4 years ago and stopped using the Baja so I sold it last year. I got into racing last year too, so I built a 598ci 900hp monster of an engine over the winter and now it will run in the mid 90s. That's my story haha.
    Nice!

To be honest though I don't know ANY of those names haha

I wish I could have a smaller boat like in the 25' range but we have really choppy water here just about all the time, so that's why I try to go for the bigger offshore type boats, but I don't have the money to buy any of the newer ones. I can't believe that some people spend $400,000+ on something that they probably don't even use once a month...

Also I do like the 80's Cigarette looks alot more. The new ones are just flashy and straight up obnoxious, besides the fact that they are so loud.

RC Champion
    Yes I really like the late 70's-80's offshore boats.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Mustang View Post
    Nice!

To be honest though I don't know ANY of those names haha

I wish I could have a smaller boat like in the 25' range but we have really choppy water here just about all the time, so that's why I try to go for the bigger offshore type boats, but I don't have the money to buy any of the newer ones. I can't believe that some people spend $400,000+ on something that they probably don't even use once a month...

Also I do like the 80's Cigarette looks alot more. The new ones are just flashy and straight up obnoxious, besides the fact that they are so loud.
    Where do you boat? I'm also not a fan of the newer look. I have friends that have boats worth half a million dollars, and they are amazing. The advancements in materials and designs in the past 8-10 years are HUGE and there is no denying that they are much better than the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff. I do like to be loud though!

RC Competitor
    Where do you boat? I'm also not a fan of the newer look. I have friends that have boats worth half a million dollars, and they are amazing. The advancements in materials and designs in the past 8-10 years are HUGE and there is no denying that they are much better than the 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff. I do like to be loud though!
    the bay area, my usual routine is to go out under the golden gate for fun, drive out near angel island, drop anchor, play with my Rc boats, go out to the U.S.S hornet, go eat at a resturant where they let me dock my boat for free (they love me haha) then head back to the marina. Then I drive home in Eleanor. It's awesome

Whenever my depression kicks in really bad which is about once a month, that's when I know I have to do some boating

RC Champion
    Here is my dads boat.

And my cousins:
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE