Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    My problem was more along the lines of getting everything else on the car completely sticky, lol. I actually just finished cleaning it up... it took me about 25 minutes to get all of the stickiness off. From now on, I'll remove the wheels and let the spray soak in for at least an hour before I run with the spray. You were right though... the belt dressing works awesome. I use this in my performance shop... and it also works great on cleaning my RC cars. It also doesn't smell like crap and doesn't discolor your plastics. It will turn the servo plastic a little hazy though... just be careful when applying it.

This is a picture of the belt conditioner (dressing) that I picked up:

Here is an overview of the castle link programmer:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ramming-Thread

What settings do you currently have? Torque limiting helps out tremendously but you'll get a lot more spinning off of the line and when you lay into the throttle (75%+ depending on your throttle expo settings) you will notice the car pulling right (torque steer). Your top end will obviously increase. I managed to pick up 8mph top speed doing some testing on the same stretch of road (575ft) last week just by going from 5.0 to 6.0.

If you've got stock settings right now (5.0), I would give 6.0 a try for torque limiting. I would also get rid of the garbage 0% punch control and go with a minimum of 40% (depending on your battery c rating)... but if I remember correctly you were running a 60% punch control before. Obviously you know how to drive the car since you've already hit 106mph. I have no doubt that you hit 106mph on the foams... I was surprised how easily I nailed 93mph yesterday.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    I got to take the XO1 out for some more runs this afternoon. On one of my first runs I hit one of the reflectors on the road which ended up bending the rear wheel body fender to the inside of the wheel. That in turn shot me straight into some very tall grass/weeds. This led to further damage of my body where the wing mounts (huge splits on both sides of the mounting locations). Luckily I had my CA glue and accelerator with me so I could make a quick 5 minute fix to the entire rear section of the car. When I purchased the car the section where the wing mounts was split/cracked... and it just keeps getting worse with the excessive down force of the wing at high speeds. I just really don't want to start using my custom body because let's face it... it's going to get ruined. I also noticed that I am getting a bit of wheel rub on the rear inner fenders as well.

Results... 98.0 MPH. I was happy... but now I'm just irritated because I'm still 2 mph from 100 mph. The BSR foams continue to look amazing and have no problems. After this run I decided to increase the throttle sensitivity to see if that would help out a bit. I ended up losing control again due to the rear fender/body damage which put me right back into the tall grass/weeds. After I pulled the car out the entire wing section was pretty much just flapping around so that was the end of my runs for today. I hit about 80mph just goofing off to make sure everything was ok and the huge split in the rear put the car back into the grass and the wing has now been officially ripped off after a few flips. Everything else is perfect.

Video Link:

Screen Shot:

Damaged Body:

RC Qualifier
    Don't feel bad about the body bud I've destroyed 2 now those wheels look really stable at those speeds, did you get much wear?

RC Qualifier
    Yep, you are now close to the 100 MPH territory where will you will start to wreck more. My first big wreck was at 97 point something, but I didn't break anything. Waiting to see how far over 100 you get with those foams.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Cool! Your getin there. Ordered My BSR's last saturday...let's just say the guy took his sweet time to mail them.

RC Qualifier
    Ya I'm not too worried about the body... but I think I'm going to try and repair this one with shoe goo and drywall tape. I was also thinking about reinforcing the new body (in certain area's) with shoe goo and drywall tape as well. The stock body isn't as rigid as I would like it to be for a 100mph car.

As far as close to 100mph territory... I would have blown 100mph out of the water yesterday if I could have gotten 1 or 2 more runs. The 98mph run was the first time I've actually layed 100% into the throttle. However... I pussed out a bit and kind of feathered full throttle which you could see on the datalog with MPH/RPM. As far as wrecks go... I've had my fair share of them. But the foams keep the car so much more stable at high speeds than the slicks do. The tires still continue to look great and do not show any signs of wear. One thing I did not do yesterday was spray my tires with belt dressing. I did not have enough time for the spray to dry and I didn't feel like spending 35 minutes cleaning my chassis again.

My goal is to hit 100mph and I'm calling it quits for trying to hit max speed. I think I can do 103 mph on the current road I'm running on but probably not any faster due to length restrictions. After I hit 100+ on the foams I'll throw the stock slicks on and see what kind of numbers I can hit.

Gene... you must have purchased the BSR foams from the same guy I did. They took 10 or so days to come in when the guy was located 1 state away from me (1 day ground shipping).
    Last edited by AnthonyV; 06-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yah right, the guy in N.C.? Snail's ship faster then this guy. Probably needed to retrieve the money from paypal to pay for shipping...lol!

RC Qualifier
    Yep... that's him alright. They were supposed to ship within 1 business day but I was provided tracking information the next day. USPS tracking info is the worst in the world so I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. I finally emailed him since the tracking information was coming back with nothing days later and he said they had already been shipped out. 2 hours later the tracking info posted on the USPS tracking #. How about that for customer service? lol

RC Qualifier
    Just showed up. Not sure if I'm going to run them on the XO-1 right now. Got a roller 4x4 slash showing up this week I'm fitting the XO-1 carriers and cvd's into it along with a sct mamba. Going to try those wheels out on the slash first.

RC Enthusiast
    BSR Foams work great, I've used them for years on my street buggys. And they don't come apart like the Ofna cheap foams, Trust me......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MIamiJato217 View Post
    BSR Foams work great, I've used them for years on my street buggys. And they don't come apart like the Ofna cheap foams, Trust me......
    Yah, im worried i might realy like them and convert my other slash over to 17mm that has the 2200kv motor in it. At which point ill have 10 different sets of SC tires most of which never got run going out the door.

RC Qualifier
    I received my set but Im not having the same results as you guys . On blacktop parking lot they have no grip on my car but I havnt sprayed the belt dressing on them either but they dont perform any better then my stock xo-1 tires as of now .. got a new car been messin with it so the xo-1 been on the back burner for last week or so ..
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    I received my set but Im not having the same results as you guys . On blacktop parking lot they have no grip on my car but I havnt sprayed the belt dressing on them ..
    I prefer thousand islands dressing. It's a little messy though.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    When I first bought my XO-1 I didn't like the way it tracked down the road. I changed camber and castor alot. I ended up liking it with the front tires completely square to the ground. This car is locked yet so I will only go 50 but I can almost launch it at full throttle without it spinning out and losing control. I know you won't get to launch at full throttle with it unlocked but thought maybe this would help you guys a bit.

RC Qualifier
    Just checking back in... the foams are still holding up nicely. I do have some wear on the outer edges of 2 of my tires due to loosing control of it last weekend (body flexed and locked up the rear wheel). Nothing major... just a little worn area on the outside. I'm pretty happy because I had the same type of lock-up before on the stock slicks which led to 2 huge flat spots in the tire and an eventual blow out.

I attempted to try to hit 100 mph this afternoon but the weather all of a sudden did a complete 180. I was only able to do 2 passes (84, 91) just trying to get everything set up and running right before really getting on it. The wind was so bad that a few tree's got knocked over locally. I probably shouldn't have done the last pass because the wind took me into the grass which led to another broken splitter mount.

I just need to sneak onto an airport run way and be done with this 100mph bs, lol. Way too many variables in the real world.

RC poster
    Which BSR tires are you running? I notice they have two different compounds.

RC Qualifier
    Yah i was running them out in the street today on 5s in the SC 4x4 truck made by Traxxas...you know starts with an S and ends with an H...don't want Fire Marshal Bill throwing an axe at me.....Anyway, after about 17 runs noticed they were getting a little worn around the edges like you said, not bad, but is that belt dressing suposed to keep that from hapening? Didn't put any on there yet.

RC Qualifier
    The belt dressing simply makes the tires more tacky... thus giving you better grip.

The slightly worn edges that I have on 2 of my tires are strictly due to high speed spin-outs. My tires were PERFECT with about 20+ 70mph passes until I ended up spinning the car out due to the body locking up my rear tire. I spun it out a few times yesterday as well due to ridiculous cross winds. I still believe the foams hold up much better than the stock tires.

If you've got really bad outer wear it could be due to your camber.

RC Qualifier
    I managed to take the car back out again today... but this time with MaxAmps lipo's. I finally got the perfect pass and was able to keep throttle fully engaged for roughly 2-3 seconds. The car was substantially faster than my 98mph pass from a viewpoint as well as with comparing the Traxxas App log files. We got the run on video, bring the car back, pop the body off, and then realize the GPS was never started as it stated 0 mph, lol. It was quite windy today and I ended up having to run on the area the opposite way in order to go with the direction of the wind. 2nd run in with the MaxAmps I hit something on the road going 96mph and put it into a ditch breaking a RPM A-Arm.

Now I will address an issue that was originally stated about the BSR tire diameter vs stock. I've noticed that my runs have started getting slower and slower (regardless of location and lipo). Even though they have cleared the 90+ mph marker over and over... it seems that when I originally put the foams on I could clock 90mph a bit easier than I can recently. My buddy brought this point up tonight so we took a caliper to the foams as well as stock tires.

Stock Tires - 4.35" (I have 3 sets of new tires that were measured)
    Original BSR Foams Front/Rear- 4.10"
    Current BSR Foam Front - 4.05"
    Current BSR Foam Rear - 3.95"

There is a very substantial difference in the rear size in relation to stock. .40" is a pretty substantial difference... roughly 9.2% smaller than stock. I have been running these foams A LOT for the past 4 weeks. They have probably seen a minimum of 15 90+ mph runs and probably 50+ 70+mph runs.

After I replace the broken A arm I am going to swap the Rear/Front tires to see if that has any change in top speeds. I am also planning on immediately running the stock tires afterwards to get a true comparison since I have not ran stock tires past 78mph. I have some tire solution that I plan on using with the stock tires for additional traction. I'm also going to be using a heat gun on the tires in order to warm them up a bit for additional traction.

I will also say that I need to find another area to run the XO1. While I have ample distance at this location, the past couple weeks have had way too much wind and the road is just too narrow. I hate giving excuses... but the smallest road imperfection or pebble continues to throw me into the grass and damage the vehicle. I'm honestly getting fed up with issue after issue coming up at this point. I'm going to start contacting some of the local airports and see if there's anyway I can get access a runway. There's also another location that is about 2.5 - 3 lanes wide... but the problem is the fact that it has concrete curbs on both sides of the road. I have a feeling those curbs are going to lead into even more broken parts, lol.

RC Qualifier
    Sucks i couldnt join today man. I didnt expect my car to drop an injector. I was ready to bring it out today too man! Anyways, are you still interested in trying the TP batteries?

RC Qualifier
    Yea, I am still interested in trying the TP's out. I just need to iron out some issues first so that we're comparing apples to apples.

RC Qualifier
    OK. ill still have them and when i drive the xo for the first time more than likely youll be around lol

RC Qualifier
    I am torn between finding a road with curbs or no curbs. I think more damage is caused when the front splitter hooks into grass on the side of the road and causes the car to flip and wheels to catch. When I have hit curbs the car usually just flips onto the top and slides.

The biggest concern I have now are the drains along the side of the roads. I might have to bring some sand bags or something out to block them off the next time I run the car.

On the subject of a heat gun, what about a heated treadmill type device to run the car on prior to runs?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    I just do a little burnout before I make passes. Keeps the tires trued and cleaned off. Balancing the stock tires OFTEN is a must.

RC Qualifier
    I did a bit of calculations last night and the tire diameter at this point is theoretically going to result in top speeds roughly 10% lower. That sounds about right as a local guy here is claiming to have hit 116mph with the maxamps lipo's on his xo1 with stock tires.

As of right now, I still feel that the foams are a great addition to the car. But once worn down, you will suffer top end. Yesterday I was only clocking high 80's with my 65c ****'s whereas I was clocking 98mph on them a few weeks ago. They are a great option for drag racing as they will offer better traction and faster acceleration. The stock tires are heavier and will have slower acceleration and add more reciprocating mass by theory. I feel very confident that with my telemetry datalog and speed recorded that I finally broke 100 mph with them... but with no GPS verification it's not proven and only speculation.

I think I'm going to take my chances with the curbs now. At this point, the grass has led to 2 broken A-Arms, broken splitter mounts, broken high speed splitters, a ruined body, and bent camber links. At this point, what other damage are the curbs going to cause that hasn't already happened? Runs of 90+mph really need a road wider than a 22ft 2 lane stretch. I've made many flawless 90+ passes on this road but it's always something non-driver related that seems to throw me off of the road.

So with that said, I'm going to take my chances on the 40ft wide roads with curbs this week. Hopefully in the event of a detour in direction at high speeds the lane width will provide enough of a buffer in order to straighten the vehicle back up.

RC Qualifier
    Here is why I need to find a better area to run. This is the 2nd time that I have lost control of the vehicle in the exact same spot. The previous pull smoked this one via Telemetry but I did not have the GPS turned on. The telemetry on the first run pegged past 114MPH for quite a while whereas the 114mph telemetry reading I got at 98MPH only touched 114 for a split second.

GPS 96mph into the ditch:

RC Qualifier
    Did you have to change the hub adapters to fit these wheels?

RC Qualifier
    I dont believe had to. Ive seen this car in person.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Bsr make the same adapters??

RC Qualifier
    They fit the stock xo1 hubs. I've gotten multiple 100+ runs on the foams. They work great and are still in great shape.

RC Qualifier
    I Wana run GRP on mine but the run normal hubs wondering if I can change the hubs?

RC Qualifier
    my bsr got chunks of the foam on the rears broken off .. maybe cuz I was using them for track racing but almost $40 down the drain , have since thru them on my GTP as backups
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC poster
    Dear Anthony., could you give me the stock model # on this tires for the x01, and tell me, if they already come with the traxxas bed to install directly, or you have to do any modification? I was able to find BSR tires, but they do not show which one fit the traxxas conection from the axle end, i have purchased other brands, that fit about the same size of the original tire from traxxas, but none of them have the type of star to screw them on the axle. Thanks, if you want to can email me at pupinos2005@roadrunner.com

RC Enthusiast
    Get up in the air like in the back of a pick up or sit on top of a 6 or 8 foot ladder a little further away from the road and you will like what it does for you in seeing it better. Does this at your own risk though, sitting on top of the ladder isn't safe, but neither is standing next to the road and driving a 100 MPH rc car weighing 12+Lbs. We must pick the lesser of 2 evils.
    Last edited by bn2o; 02-16-2015 at 06:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by charleshenrich View Post
    Dear Anthony., could you give me the stock model # on this tires for the x01, and tell me, if they already come with the traxxas bed to install directly, or you have to do any modification? I was able to find BSR tires, but they do not show which one fit the traxxas conection from the axle end, i have purchased other brands, that fit about the same size of the original tire from traxxas, but none of them have the type of star to screw them on the axle. Thanks, if you want to can email me at pupinos2005@roadrunner.com
    Call BSR racing directly. They will talk to you and figure out which is best for your needs. I bought some off of them. I think they were "purple" when I bought them, but I hear they have made changes since then.

BTW: AnthonyV hasn't been on here in awhile. Ran 148 mph and got bored.
    XO-1 #4...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12