RC Qualifier

"alternate" bodies

So I've seen people put some different bodies on their MERV and it come out really cool looking. Has anybody ever installed an Axial AX10 crawler body on their? Anyone maybe have one of these rigs and a MERV to set the body on top of for a test fit? Personally, I think it would make for a pretty neat looking basher body!

Obviously the Axial stickers would have to come off and Traxxas ones applied

Mods, if this sort of thing doesn't conform to the rules, feel free to delete. I'm just trying to think outside the box a little for my MERV

*not my picture, but this is the body I'm referring to. it's a 1/10th scale crawler, but the way the wheel archers are cut out, how narrow the body is, and how short the overall body is, it seems like it would actually fit rather well, from looking at the picture anyway

fix, run, break, repeat

RC Qualifier
    tower hobbies is very good about posting the dimensions of every body they sell, after careful research on tower I came out with the ofna 1/12 wing. RC boyz had posted that the proline helios crawler body fit on the MERV as a "halo warthog" body, I was going to buy it but I never did and now the body is discontinued, I took a shot at the ******* 1/16 beetle body because it was like $10, if I hadn't trimmed so much of the body I think I would have better velcro area on the battery doors, so far it's a nice body. Crawler bodies have always been in my interest, I just never did the research to find a good fit. Also another thing you can do is bring your MERV into your LHS and look at a few lids on the shelf, sometimes good things can happen. Besides that I haven't found many creative ideas, there's a few good lids in the photo section.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    i think it would look cool if u put the crawler body on (if it fits)

RC Qualifier
    I have wondered the same thing for a long time cause I really like the 80s style chevy body they have!
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    i have a mustang (05 maybe) from a walmart rc car. im working on making it fit. needs a paint job but the paint has to be on the outside. ill post pics if i ever get it done