RC Qualifier

My BB4 Thread (Honda Prelude)

So this thread I'm dedicating to the work I do on my car.

I've got a 1994 Honda Prelude Si, with a h22a swap.

Start off with some pictures when I got it!

Cleaned the car:

Wrinkle painted my valve cover:

RC Qualifier
    Dash was all messed up so had to get a new one:

Car was gutted when I got it, now I have backseats! Woot woot!

Found out why my floor was always wet.. The new windshield was not installed correctly (hood flew up on previous owner)..

New windshield is now installed

RC Qualifier
    Got a full Aluminum Radiator!

Polished and installed!

Got a new hood, trunk and rear bumper cover.. And drivers side rocker

RC Qualifier
    Put in new brake pedal:

Picked up a set of APC racing seats:

This is my car's sound system

How my exhaust sounds.

Now I just need a front bumper, and both fenders.
    Last edited by Draggin97S10; 06-12-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Bob'stang
    I don't like those ricers but looks like it's been a fun project for you. That's all that matters right?

RC Champion
    We all have project threads lol.
    Like Bob'stang said I don't usual like the small Honda's that are suped up but your's looks good.
    What headers do you have?
    One thing I'd do is clean the interior up though
    Last edited by 1979chevy.; 06-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob'stang View Post
    I don't like those ricers but looks like it's been a fun project for you. That's all that matters right?
    No rice here, just OEM JDM :P.. Better than my old ricer?..

But yep it's pretty fun.

Bob'stang
    Dang dude that's crazy. I watched like the first couple minutes and I'm like ok why am I watching this, but then you turn on those hydrolics, that's crazy. It's like what you see in those movies

RC Qualifier
    Dang dude that's crazy. I watched like the first couple minutes and I'm like ok why am I watching this, but then you turn on those hydrolics, that's crazy. It's like what you see in those movies
    I kinda miss my truck lol. But it was time to let it go...

RC Qualifier
    New pictures of the car!

NEEDS MOAR LOW.

DIS DUDE WAS CHECKING OUT MY LADY...
    Last edited by Draggin97S10; 06-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.

RC Champion
    What's your top speed
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    I'm not a honda fan, but I like the prelude and I totally repect the capability of a vtec. Nice ride, there's ton's of aftermarket support available out there.

FYI people, R.I.C.E.> Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Your prelude does not fit that catergory IMO, but some stickers and a ridiculous spoiler would do the trick
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There is the makings of a nice ride here. What I'm worried about is all the work you had into your truck but no paint. I really hope you don't go the same route with this car too. Im guessing your waiting for the fenders to do a full paint job. At least thats what I hope.

I have a buddy who would go nuts for your swap. He LOVES swapped hondas. I get lost in his motor code talk. But still, what honda can do with a small displacement motor must be respected.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    What's your top speed
    I don't know, lol. My speedo only goes up to 140, but it should surpass that easily. (Car has an automatic cluster, but a motor and 5spd swap)

Quote Originally Posted by lubecakes View Post
    I'm not a honda fan, but I like the prelude and I totally repect the capability of a vtec. Nice ride, there's ton's of aftermarket support available out there.

FYI people, R.I.C.E.> Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Your prelude does not fit that catergory IMO, but some stickers and a ridiculous spoiler would do the trick
    Thanks man, it's nothing like a civic though lol. But still a lot of parts. And yep, going for the jdm look, lol. So how's your nismo?

RC Racer
    for those of you that dont know that is not hydraulics. that is airbags. the prelude looks awesome! its a great start to a wonderful looking project.

good luck with it and keep us posted.

RC Qualifier
    Nice car man. I have always liked Honda's. I have a 04 accord coup ex nav. It is the v6 vtec 6 speed manual. Good luck with ur project.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'm diggin your lude, man. i'm subcribe to this thread!! JDM all the way!! maybe i'll do have to start a thread of my own CRX, lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    There is the makings of a nice ride here. What I'm worried about is all the work you had into your truck but no paint. I really hope you don't go the same route with this car too. Im guessing your waiting for the fenders to do a full paint job. At least thats what I hope.

I have a buddy who would go nuts for your swap. He LOVES swapped hondas. I get lost in his motor code talk. But still, what honda can do with a small displacement motor must be respected.
    At times I miss my truck, but I know it was for better. It's hard to get inspection for it. The truck was about to go back static anyways, but i'll get another truck one day

Quote Originally Posted by hatethmpr View Post
    for those of you that dont know that is not hydraulics. that is airbags. the prelude looks awesome! its a great start to a wonderful looking project.

good luck with it and keep us posted.
    Yep bagged .. 4 link'd in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by brianwlkr View Post
    Nice car man. I have always liked Honda's. I have a 04 accord coup ex nav. It is the v6 vtec 6 speed manual. Good luck with ur project.
    Thanks, and you have the j30? Must be a pretty fun car to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm diggin your lude, man. i'm subcribe to this thread!! JDM all the way!! maybe i'll do have to start a thread of my own CRX, lol.
    http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...n/DSC04334.jpg
    Thanks man. Yea, defiantly start one!

This is how my truck was last seen:

Nice Project tuner..... Looks like you know what you want out of it.. I'ts coming along nicely... Being a Hot Rodder myself...

I may sound like an Old Fart,,,, But, there's a place to let that puppy loose and it's not on public streets.... Save it for the track..... I've lost 6 friends over the years from racing on public streets.... One had hurt an innocent kid in another car too. It can and will happen when you tempt Murphy....

I'm looking forward to see where you take it from there.... You've got a lot to work with...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Nice Project tuner..... Looks like you know what you want out of it.. I'ts coming along nicely... Being a Hot Rodder myself...

I may sound like an Old Fart,,,, But, there's a place to let that puppy loose and it's not on public streets.... Save it for the track..... I've lost 6 friends over the years from racing on public streets.... One had hurt an innocent kid in another car too. It can and will happen when you tempt Murphy....

I'm looking forward to see where you take it from there.... You've got a lot to work with...
    Thanks for your words, I hear a lot of stuff about how people die and get in nasty wrecks from racing, and just from driving too fast. My dad is a police officer and he tells me a lot of those things.

RC Qualifier

Gave it a bath, only washed it once so far :P

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice looking project car Draggin. I'm a fan of small cars like that myself. I have a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon that is my work car. I picked it up fairly cheap form my parents. I've done some minor work to it. I'm no car guru but I know enough to get me into trouble. The funny thing is the interior is practically impeckable, the outside has has some fender bender. Not from me but from some idiots that backed into it and took off. Ughh

I was a fan of you S10...it totally rocked.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Last year I dropped a vtec in my civic then my son wrecked it...

What muffler are you using?

Good luck on the project.

Sent from the cockpit of my Jeep Wrangler
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Nice ride. Love to see it painted. I've got a 93 integra myself with a few things done to it.
    The valve cover looks good. What brand of paint is that?
    Someone's got to support us auto repair jobs with ford struts at leak after 40k. mine are factory showas with 180k, 19 years old

Quote Originally Posted by hatethmpr View Post
    for those of you that dont know that is not hydraulics. that is airbags.
    im glad someone said something, its so anoying when you have a bagged truck and everyone thinks its hydrolics.

no offense bob lol.

but it looks like i started a trend with the car threads lol.

not a big honda fan but when done right they can be pretty mean little cars. just do us all a favor and dont put a wing or fart can on it and think your top dog.

95% of people with honda's around here are like that and i dispise them lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    im glad someone said something, its so anoying when you have a bagged truck and everyone thinks its hydrolics.

no offense bob lol.

not a big honda fan but when done right they can be pretty mean little cars. just do us all a favor and dont put a wing or fart can on it and think your top dog.

I agree with you 150% on the guys with body kits and fart cans who think they are top dog. It is really fun when driving the corvette because they will try and show off until you rev that big screamin' v8 haha. But I like this prelude alot surprisingly, it will look great once it is painted!
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Nice looking project car Draggin. I'm a fan of small cars like that myself. I have a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon that is my work car. I picked it up fairly cheap form my parents. I've done some minor work to it. I'm no car guru but I know enough to get me into trouble. The funny thing is the interior is practically impeckable, the outside has has some fender bender. Not from me but from some idiots that backed into it and took off. Ughh

I was a fan of you S10...it totally rocked.
    Thanks man, and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Last year I dropped a vtec in my civic then my son wrecked it...

What muffler are you using?

Good luck on the project.

What motor? D16? or did you do a dohc vtec swap? That sucks though, is he alright?
    It's got a Ractive Twin loop, Ive got a little rattle around 3-4k rpms I think it's because it's not hung right after the header output and before the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ross93 View Post
    Nice ride. Love to see it painted. I've got a 93 integra myself with a few things done to it.

Someone's got to support us auto repair jobs with ford struts at leak after 40k. mine are factory showas with 180k, 19 years old
    It's "VHT Wrinkle Plus", you should be able to get it at most auto parts stores. But if you want red (type r looking) you'll need to order it. And lol, I bet mine are original also, just have skunk2 spings on it.

no offense bob lol.

Yea it's Minitruck, not a lowrider!.. And No no no no to wings, body kits, underglow, all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63.1 View Post
    I agree with you 150% on the guys with body kits and fart cans who think they are top dog. It is really fun when driving the corvette because they will try and show off until you rev that big screamin' v8 haha. But I like this prelude alot surprisingly, it will look great once it is painted!
    Yep it's pretty funny. I'll hopefully paint it next year at school (taking auto body).. Or at home since Ive got all the tools and such. I want to get the JDM fenders and they run about $300 and then I need a front bumper.

Nice Honda! Wow. Did I just say that? Sorry, no offense, I REALLY DISLIKE imports, (toyotas, hondas, etc) All ricers, and anything like low riders and cars like that. (again, no offence to anyone) What I like are 1965-1974 Muscle cars! My favorite are the Mopars! Like the 1967-1974 Dodge Chargers, Super Bee's, Cornets, SUPERBIRDS!, GTX's, Satilites, and RoadRunners! But hey, like what everyone said, if you enjoy working on it and love doing it, do what YOU what to do!

(PS I like the red rear end, you should paint the whole car the color red!)
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice Honda! Wow. Did I just say that? Sorry, no offense, I REALLY DISLIKE imports, (toyotas, hondas, etc) All ricers, and anything like low riders and cars like that. (again, no offence to anyone) What I like are 1965-1974 Muscle cars! My favorite are the Mopars! Like the 1967-1974 Dodge Chargers, Super Bee's, Cornets, SUPERBIRDS!, GTX's, Satilites, and RoadRunners! But hey, like what everyone said, if you enjoy working on it and love doing it, do what YOU what to do!

(PS I like the red rear end, you should paint the whole car the color red!)
    Yep everyone likes different stuff, but in general we're all car guys lol. and Idk what color I want to paint it yet haha.

Bob'stang
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63.1 View Post
    your name is mustang63 and you have a corvette? Boooo

RC Champion
    Nice ride Draggin. I have a '92 Accord Coupe (CB7) and I would love to do a VTEC swap. The body of my Accord has rust holes, but the interior is mint. It just needs a VTEC!!!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

man i need to get some photos and running videos of my friends accord. the thing is so sick, fully built motor with a 60-1 turbo, oh yeah lol runs a low 15 1/4 launching from 2nd gear and going strait to 4th ( something broke in linkage and he lost 1,3, and 5th lol )
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    Nice ride Draggin. I have a '92 Accord Coupe (CB7) and I would love to do a VTEC swap. The body of my Accord has rust holes, but the interior is mint. It just needs a VTEC!!!
    Thanks man, it's getting there. I'm going to South Carolina for about 2 weeks. My dad will put in my seats while i'm gone ..
    YEA VTAK!
    Or.

man i need to get some photos and running videos of my friends accord. the thing is so sick, fully built motor with a 60-1 turbo, oh yeah lol runs a low 15 1/4 launching from 2nd gear and going strait to 4th ( something broke in linkage and he lost 1,3, and 5th lol )
    Yea sounds sick!

Quote Originally Posted by ross93 View Post

I just retired my 12 year old Nissan altima with almost 270,000 miles. Original exhaust, and everything else original except the water pump, radiator, egr valve, tires and brakes.

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Nice ride there. Is that another Accord in the background driveway? Also looks like an S2000 peeking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggin97S10 View Post
    Thanks man, it's getting there. I'm going to South Carolina for about 2 weeks. My dad will put in my seats while i'm gone ..
    YEA VTAK!
    Or.

Yea sounds sick!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    Nice ride there. Is that another Accord in the background driveway? Also looks like an S2000 peeking there.
    Thats what it looks like, just got the picture from google :P

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i think i have seen this accord running around Long Beach Ca. westside area and yes that is an s2000 peeking lol.