Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

what laptop/computer do you have?

I have a hp one,what do you have. Poll on companies hopefully

RC Champion
    My laptop is an Asus, and my desktop I built myself, using mostly Asus parts.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    sony vaio.

RC Qualifier
    Asus, I only got the i3 doe :/ :P

RC Racer
    Me and the wife have 2 cheap wireless HP laptops maxxed out on ram for web surfing, facebooking, airplanes and such. 3 HP desktops for real stuff (2 win7 1 xp)

RC Racer
    Home built desktop, and a MacBook pro

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    My desktop is a custom built Dell for CAD/Solidworks, laptop is a MacBook Air, and I surf the web daily on an iPad.

RC Qualifier
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU TYPE:
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 450 Processor
    CPU SPEED:
    3.22 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    8 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    3.97 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
    1600x900
    SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
    1366x768
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    465.09 GB

RC Qualifier
    I gots a malibal p150hm1. I can almost guarantee you the people that made my laptop made yours, the company is clevo. Malibal is just a reseller out of Vegas.

My specs
    I7 2630qm at about 2.0ghz
    8gb ram
    Gtx 560m video card
    Dual 500gb hard drives
    And a 15" 1080p display

It looks pretty mundane and even like a good knock off until you see the massive dual exhausts. Plus, I can manually revv my fans!

Bought my wife a simple Lenovo. Work is switching us from Dell to HP. But what I can't wait for is my wife's cousin is sending us one of these in a couple months to demo to oil and gas companies and engineering firms. He invented it:

http://http://www.gscreenlaptop.com/

What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC poster
    I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. I love it does everything I need it to do and has all the bells and whistles!

RC Competitor
    laptop is a sony vaio, desktop is an hp, i use the internet on my xbox 360, my psp, and my iphone as well
    -Nitro Rustler 2.5 w/ Jato tuned Resonator

RC Qualifier
    HP with AMG dual quad core processors... And an iPod...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
    MERV, Summit, Slash (4x4), 'Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    I have two home built desktops, a laptop, netbook, and a iMac.

Desktop #1,
    i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Radeon 7970

Desktop #2,
    C2D 8400 @ 3.8Ghz
    8GB RAM
    Radeon 4870

Laptop,
    Dell XPS
    i5
    6GB RAM
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5c View Post
    I have two home built desktops, a laptop, netbook, and a iMac.

Desktop #1,
    i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Radeon 7970

Desktop #2,
    C2D 8400 @ 3.8Ghz
    8GB RAM
    Radeon 4870

Laptop,
    Dell XPS
    i5
    6GB RAM
    Not fair. Lol. If all my spare money didn't go to r/cing I wouldn't be on a dell opiplex 250 with a peintum 4 @3ghz with 2.5gb of ram. Barely runs my cad needed for school.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    well at one house i have my laptop compaq cq60, custom built windows 7 desktop, antique sony viao. and about 4 other scrap computers that have been pirated for parts.

at the other house. we have my cq60, a hp g60, and a hp desktop running windows 7.

RC Qualifier
    I see there's a lot of PC enthusiasts on here!

Well...this is actually more extensive than my RC stuff, in fact my current 'RC workbench' was previously the PC workbench the wife and I are part time students and casual gamers, shooters, RPGS, etc, so computers are important.

Wife:
    Intel C2D on a Gigabyte board, Coolermaster tower, some mid level nVidia card, 27" Samsung and 20" Dell monitors (Dell is sideways portrait style for webpages/homework)
    Macbook, the last rendition of the white ones before they went all aluminum, 2.26ghz Intel proc
    iPad3 (this extravagance being the sole reason I was allowed to get a Summit)

Myself:
    AMD Quad @ 3.81ghz, 8gb DDR3 1600, ATI 5770 1gb GDDR5, etc etc...24" Viewsonic + 20" Benq
    Little Acer Aspire netbook thats more of a small laptop, put in 4gb ram and 250gb hd
    'Server' computer at the RC workbench that acts as a media server to all our computers, so we store/share all of our music and pictures and stuff through it. All our PC's are hooked up hardwire through a 10/100/1000 gigabit switch so transfer speeds are like 60-100 mb/sec the 'server' is also the back up drive for our desktops, and it itself backs up to a 2tb external hd for duplicity sake (I'm a little OCD). I put a 20" monitor on one of those movable arms so it's not actually ON the bench, and I can move it around and put exploded views up or watch movies when working on RC's...

Also have a couple partially/fully complete desktops and one decent Dell laptop thats a couple years old that I work on for other people. I often have random charity cases or family members that need a computer for school or work reasons so I keep them on hand, only hard thing to find for free or super cheap is monitors so they usually have to come up with those. I get a lot of the stuff free from little raffles at my wifes work when they change out stock that's still darn near new and use them for this purpose.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Competitor
    I have a 15" Alienware laptop about two years old awesome machine

RC Qualifier
    dell inspiron 1570

Gateway laptop with dedicated ati graphic card.

Custom built desktop, athlon II quad core, ati hd4890, 8gb ram, W7, wd black internal hdd for os, maxtor 2nd internal hdd.

Acer aspire 1 netbook, windows xp, Mac osx and Linux. Mainly used for diagnostics on my vw's.

3 older toshiba laptops

Asus laptop

Dell desktop

And a large stack of non operational laptops...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ERBE, Summit, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 GD 4x4

RC Racer
    alienware aurora r3.
    cpu: intel i5 2400 3.1

gpus: radeon 6850x2

ram: 12 gigs

hdd: wd 1tb

monitors: 1 acer x191w and 2 acer v193w(eyefinity)

keyboard: standard alienware for now.

sound: logitech 2.1

mouse: alienware tactx ( rebranded logitech )

gamepads: razor nastromo and wired 360 controller

headphones: soon to be here plantronics 780 dolby 7.1

RC Qualifier
    Alienware with 64GB of Ram and an High tech processor.
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Racer
    i wanna see this alienware you speak of

RC Racer
    Has anyone seen the new Samsung series 7 gamer? Love my MacBook pro but that thing is super tempting

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by falconsare5@yahoo.com View Post
    Alienware with 64GB of Ram and an High tech processor.
    Care to elaborate? High tech doesn't really mean much.

I have 1 Microstar Rack server with twin Zenon 6 core processors, 1 Dell Poweredge Rack server with twin Zenon Dual coreprocessors, both servers with 32 gigs RAM, as they are the 2 DNS servers. Then I have 3 application servers all with Dual Zenon processors. 1 File and FTP server with internal RAiD array of 4 terrbytes, then I have our web server containing 6 domains.
    Then I have 54 workstations some Duo core processors, but mainly workstations. Then there's 5 graphics systems all I5 or I7 processors and 1-2 gig ddr3 memory....

Than my laptop is an I7 with an ATI Radeon dedicated video processor... My home system, I built myself, basically an Asus Serverboard with an old Q6600 Quad Core and twin Geforce 220 GTX video cards in a crossover configuration...

I also have a PHone system (it's a computer too just it's own O.S.) and it's on a VOIP network...

I have not counted all the laptops,,,, just too much time...

Let's just say I have more computers than Carter has little pills... Oh, and they may not have been purchased by me, but they are setup, maintained, moved, updated all by me....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by holeyguy66 View Post
    alienware aurora r3.
    cpu: intel i5 2400 3.1

gpus: radeon 6850x2

ram: 12 gigs

hdd: wd 1tb

monitors: 1 acer x191w and 2 acer v193w(eyefinity)

keyboard: standard alienware for now.

sound: logitech 2.1

mouse: alienware tactx ( rebranded logitech )

gamepads: razor nastromo and wired 360 controller

headphones: soon to be here plantronics 780 dolby 7.1
    Those alienware's are nice setup's, thought about getting one but price is way too much but i guess you get what you pay for a system like that.

I got a kinda old laptop, dell B130/1300 from 06 its nice for what i do, i get on the forum here and watch vids, upgraded the RAM just need to upgrade HD.
    Only thing i dislike about Laptop's is the batteries wear out over time, mine needed replacing after 2yrs cheap i guess but they are pricey i can buy another CPU for that. I'll be thinking about a Desktop next. much faster than alot of laptop's i see.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 06-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Living life.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a DELL XPS 17"

Funny story I actually bought it for my GF for Christmas last year and she had purchased me a new Acer 17" laptop.

But she wanted me to have the better computer, so she kept the one she bought for me and I kept the one I bought for her.

Stampede 4x4 VXL
    Son's: Rustler XL-5, EREVO VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Those alienware's are nice setup's, thought about getting one but price is way too much but i guess you get what you pay for a system like that.

I got a kinda old laptop, dell B130/1300 from 06 its nice for what i do, i get on the forum here and watch vids, upgraded the RAM just need to upgrade HD.
    Only thing i dislike about Laptop's is the batteries wear out over time, mine needed replacing after 2yrs cheap i guess but they are pricey i can buy another CPU for that. I'll be thinking about a Desktop next. much faster than alot of laptop's i see.
    really in the pc itself i bought for 1200 and have spent 1770 on the whole setup ive wanted one for 12+ years and i finally got one

really in the pc itself i bought for 1200 and have spent 1770 on the whole setup ive wanted one for 12+ years and i finally got one
    Man that is a nice setup you have going there. not sure if i would need that but sure would be nice.
    Living life.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Man that is a nice setup you have going there. not sure if i would need that but sure would be nice.
    you should try playing games on this you can set it up to do ither 3 task at once or you can set up the eyefinity software that comes with radeon cards and run what appers to be wide screen format. when what is really happening here is it gives you your peripheral vision. 1440x900 3 times is 4320x900 for a total screen area of 57 inchs or 4.75 feet. and heres one recorded from fraps
    Last edited by holeyguy66; 06-21-2012 at 07:52 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I have 3 toshiba's and 1 dell and i like the toshiba the best.I also have a hp destyop thats bullet proof.

Last edited by shakey0818; 06-21-2012 at 08:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dell Vostro Laptop... only $400 refurbish and works VERY well!!!!

RC Qualifier
    you should try playing games on this you can set it up to do ither 3 task at once or you can set up the eyefinity software that comes with radeon cards and run what appers to be wide screen format. when what is really happening here is it gives you your peripheral vision. 1440x900 3 times is 4320x900 for a total screen area of 57 inchs or 4.75 feet. and heres one recorded from fraps

how did you do that setup ima gamer and like that idea!

RC Champion
    3.5 year old Dell inspiron 530 with 4 gb of ram, a 320 hard drive, and a quad core processor.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Qualifier
    I have a
    Macbook Pro 13"
    i7 Core
    16GB Ram
    120 GB SSD
    and Replaced the CD Drive with a a 500 GB 7200 Rpm drive

and a Cheap ASUS Netbook for when I need windows.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlervxl4life View Post
    how did you do that setup ima gamer and like that idea!
    o boy. i need to see your specs. other then that i am running 2 radeon 6850s in crossfire, the software has this built in called eyefinity exclusive to radeon only cards. my monitors are all dvi. my center and right screen are ran off 2 dvi ports on the back of the gpu. the left screen has a sapphire active display port adaptor ( dvi to mini display ) after that go into the controll center and start your eyefinity setup. also you tube has videos on this as well

RC Qualifier
    I just got a new laptop. Its only a Dell Inspiron but it has the third gen i5, and 6gb RAM. Cheap too

2 Dell laptops, 1 loveno laptop, 1 Dell desktop. Nothing real fancy or fast.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Desktop is home built, laptop is an HP tablet (tablet as in a swiveling touch screen laptop, not tablet as like an iPad)

If anyone ever asks me what laptop or desktop they should get, I recommend HP. HP has BY FAR been the best built all in one PC's I've ever used. I've own two laptops of theirs (sold the first to a coworker when I got the tablet; it still runs great to this day), my step mom just got a desktop, and my mom has a desktop and a netbook that I bought her, all made by HP, and they have had no problems at all with them. On the other hand, people I know with Dells, that's a different story... and let's not even get into Gateways and E-Machines
    fix, run, break, repeat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast