Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Any suggestions on tightening the slipper? I tried with pliers but it wouldn't budge one bit. I'm confused... It seems too loose because when on the throttle it slips a lot.
    Also, Make sure to have ur tires on, and bolted, than take the Traxxas wrench, and u can tighten it that way, in the mean time. But ul need to do it with the wheels and tires on. If it still doesnt work, its ur lock nut, and u gotta change it... But m99% of em will work with the wheels on, and a finger on the spur while u tighten it.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks. I didn't have the wheels on so that probably was the problem. Thanks and I'll go try and do it now

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    Nice to see that your project is going forward. Nice body as well, not too "uncommon" eith the monster sticker, but still pretty nice.
    Thanks yea I'm Just about done except for some slight gearing modifications. I'll be posting pics and vids of my first run. Will most likely be on 3s then 4s then 6s. Takin in slow first to get the hang of it. I never had a rustler before let alone one with a mamba monster lol.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys I got my gears together but want to ask if they look okay.

Should they be closer?
    Also it makes a LOT of noise. The clinking of metal I'm guessing is why. Is it normal for metal gears to be reallyyyy loud? Thanks in advance

RC Champion
    Mesh looks about right. Maybe a tiny bit tighter but I think it's good where it's at.

RC Qualifier
    Okay good thanks because it can't go any tighter without leaving one motor mount screw off. YAY

RC poster
    Sorry but are those tires good for the street? Are they foam? I am new to this RC stuff
    I have a problem with blowing tires apart.
    I will start a new thread
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 70cobrascj View Post
    Sorry but are those tires good for the street? Are they foam? I am new to this RC stuff
    I have a problem with blowing tires apart.
    I will start a new thread
    Thanks
    Yes they are foam. They are very good for a stock rustler vxl and for speed runs. I'm not so sure how they will be at 90+ mph but I'm sure I will soon find out. There have been great reviews about them for the stock rusty on 3s and lower. And welcome to RC btw! It's a great hobby and I'm sure you will love it! Most traxxas guys on here are very welcoming!

RC poster
    Thanks!
    Doesn't Jaco offer different foam compounds? If so which would be best for asphalt?

RC Qualifier
    I have the 2040LP in the rear same compound (pink) they just don't have the cover in the middle. They are exactly the same.

RC Qualifier
    Found a real nice parking lot in the local train station where I can do some speed runs. Im gonna wait till the weekend to do that when there are little to no cars in the lot. It's a realllllyyy long stretch of asphalt/concrete so I'm very happy. I'Il be taking a vid (or someone else will) and I'll post it on this thread if anyone wants to see. Thanks

Happy for you Nitroelectric can't wait to see some thrilling speed runs.
    btw, what is your radio model? real long signals in needed at long roads.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Desert Jato. I have a question regarding my gyro. When my rusty turns on, connected to a 3s lipo the wheels rattle/shake back and forth. I'm wondering why this is? Any thoughts? Thanks

i really have no idea about this since i didn't use a gyro before .
    it could be a radio glitch maybe ? i'm not sure. try putting in a glitch eleminator and check although it could be no easy to hook it if there's no empty channel on your radio.

RC Qualifier
    The glitch went away lol. I turned it on and the wheels were not moving at all so that's good.
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 08-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.

RC Qualifier
    May not be the prettiest job but who cares. I had to remove part of the side because my 3s batteries' wires come out the side
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-14-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks I'll try and figure out how to adjust the sensitivity. I might be going for a speed run on Saturday

RC poster
    HEY IM LOOKING TO BUILD A RUSTLER WITH 2000KV SETUP I KNO YOU NEED THE ALUMINUM TRANS CASE WHAT DO you use for trans parts in side also what kinda clutch do you need to run any help would be awesome thanks

RC Qualifier
    I just put in the stock gears from the original tranny case. Works perfectly. You don't need to touch the clutch just go with 30/34 gearing or 34/34 gearing. Around that area is perfect speed run gearing.

RC poster
    ok thanks so stock rustler trans parts sweet thanks alot also say i don't wanna do speed runs always maybe a lil bashing / speed what gear do you think would be good thanks

RC poster
    you a arms look so long are these longer or something looks awesome let me know thanks

RC Qualifier
    Haha thanks and the a-arms are just the regular RPM a-arms. And I'm not sure about a good bash/speed gearing setup since most people with this 2200kv setup don't wanna do bashing. Maybe like 24/34 or something like that. In my opinion, I would stick with/get the Velineon for bash/speed. The mamba monster is already way too powerful for a little Rusty and bashing might not be such a good idea. But people say that using this motor in general is a horrible idea so if you wanna bash be my guest. You should start a thread or post some pics of your build as well. I'd love to see it!

RC poster
    thanks ya i have vxl setup on a rustler not fast enough but still want to do 2200kv setup i love speed lol haha but ya for sure ill thread and put pics up soon. do you know if people like the two 3 cells or 1 6 cell better jw haven't thought about that part yet,,

looks great nitro! Just for the record, what a extended bottom slide hole looks like.

Cant wait to see more pics!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Thank ya! I sent u a pm reply on that topic

RC Qualifier
    I think I can still use it :P

So I open my drawer of batteries and this is what I see. I am very upset about this. But I have two more 2s lipos (these exact ones) that I can probably use. One is kind of starting to have a curve. I don't know if I should use it or not.

RC Champion
    is that from low voltage?

hmm have a alumnium rc basher that you dont care about that you feel like testing that battery?

most unfurtuniant
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    is that from low voltage?

hmm have a alumnium rc basher that you dont care about that you feel like testing that battery?

most unfurtuniant
    I honestly have absolutely no idea. It was not looking too great when I put it in my drawer (like a couple months ago) and all of a sudden I guess it burst under pressure. And no I have a slash vxl that I wouldn't test it out on. I'm just gonna chuck it. Take the safe way out lol

RC Qualifier
    First speed run. I did it on 3s first to be safe and get a feel for the car. On 3s I achieved 64.7 mph. I will be taking a video tomorrow of 4s. I also had to unplug the gyro because it needs adjusting. It was steering the rusty by itself.

Also my motor moved because of my arrogance to not properly put it on. I need to do some dremeling so it doesn't pop off again. It happened after I slowed down, after the 65 mph run.
    Last edited by Nitroelectric; 08-25-2012 at 05:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Okay dremeled everything up good so all 3 screws that are supposed to be connecting to the motor are on. Lol I only had 2 and one was not on correctly. I managed 2 passes. 1st 48 mph 2nd 65 mph. Tomorrow I'm gearin' up for 4s!! And maybe 6s. Idk about where I'm using it. It might be a bit sketchy :/

RC Champion
    my 4s puffed, i opened it up cause the case was cracked and it looked like only one cell was puffed, the other 3 looked fine
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Today was not successful. One of my 2s lipos has a dead cell I believe. So the whole time I thought I was running 4s I was actually running 3s with bad batteries. So I hit 55 mph. Clearly not a good day at all. School is starting tomorrow so I might not be able to do 6s until next weekend. Then I am certain we will be seeing bigger numbers. Like 80+ mph. I don't have much room so I'll push it to the limit without hitting something at the other end of the parking lot. Lol Sorry guys

RC Champion
    eww school tomorrow, what grade you in?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    eww school tomorrow, what grade you in?
    10th :/ its gonna stink

RC Champion
    same here!! i start tuesday

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha good luck with everything!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to bring it to the parking lot I've been doing speed runs at, and spend a few minutes tweaking the gyro's "gain" aka sensitivity. At 65 mph it was straight. That's why I started on 3s and not 6s lol.

RC Champion
    hmm must be me
    i tought since you were doing this speed build you were older

lol grade 12 this tuesday to
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Oh haha well what made u think that? The money and stuff?

RC Racer
    Looking at the you tube vidoes of draven and a few others with give you all of the answers you need. I've followed it and it works; now i'm trying to reach 100mph at 300 feet, or 100mph using a smaller motor. But before you continue with all of these
    expensive upgrades, ask yourself.. and then what? Last I checked, no one is getting any $$$ for speed runs. But have fun with it. BTW my grade level.. MD/Ph.D... LOL Enjoy

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast