Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I got my weights. I put some on the front bumper. I'm going to put a lot more once my aluminum bulkhead comes. I plan to put atleast 16 oz/1 lb. I have 4 oz on the bumper.

Did you think about lowering the ground clearance a tiny bit ?
    it would help preventing the up front raising i think.

uh .. alright then .. i wish to see a very nice speed run when everything is ready

controlling such motor over such light weight truck is a key factor. throttle adjustment is crucial here i believe .
    if you're using an advanced radio better to setup the punch adjustment in addition to the esc's throttle punch also.

when another poster ( Ace ) managed to do several speed runs over 100mph , i noticed one thing that really amazing . he was using old style radio and still manage his throttle control in a perfect way. even slowing down at the end of the track were no issue with him. i hope nitroelectic will do even better.

RC Qualifier
    Wow guys thanks for the support! I hope I can do better than those on YouTube. I know of an abandoned airport nearby, well not too nearby, but close enough that I can go to once the time comes. I am waiting on a package from rc planet for my front jacos, rpm rear shock tower, and aluminum front bulkhead. I'll get that all installed and post some pics and will soon be on my way for a speed run. I'll definitely take a vid

RC Qualifier
    Once I try it out, if it is WAY too much to handle I might just downsize a bit to the 2650kv. Like sell my motor, and use the funds to purchase a new 2650kv. Would you recommend doing this? Or should I just stick with the 2200?I keep picturing the thing just lifting off lol. I also have a regular traxxas 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver. Nothing fancy, should I have something else?

as far as i know, the 2200kv is top class motor used to hit top speeds. if i were you i wouldn't replace it even if it's starts hard to handle. by some practice you'll be able to use to it . Just take your time.

as long as other did managed to achieve some great speeds with such setups, why doesn't yours ? right ?

as for the radio, no need for been, large display fancy radio .. other hobbyist did control their rustler with this motor by using old fashion radios.
    save the money for some 'emergency' spare parts you might need.'

RC Qualifier
    The one that is recommended is the E-Sky ek2-0704 gyro. I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's always sold out or not in stock. eBay doesn't even have it.

placing on a gyro is an idea, but i doubt it will do anything.
    if the car shifts accidently from it's course, this only will start a non reversible chain of reaction that it will end with a crash at such high speeds.

Just my opinion.

i hope it will help then ttthree i really wish that the gyro would assist Nitroelectric attempt.

what i meant going out of course happened in less than a blink of an eye, that's why i'm skeptic that gyro could correct what's going to happened next 1/10th of a second maybe.

here's a video of one of speed seekers in Australia, i contact him a while ago about his setup. although it was a real heavy 1/8 buggy but shifting out of the course did happened for unknown reason like what in the video.
    i knew this buggy because i have one, it's too heavy , but it happened.

Note:

the speed above were at least 80mph. in another video it hits 89km without issue. the crash happened at a lower speed.
    Last edited by Desert JATO; 07-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If and when I can find one that is in stock I will buy it. But for now I'll just do mild speed runs (as in not 100 mph)

ttThree.... thanks man, i really appreciate encourging spirit. i think Nitroelectric will make a good top speed even without the gyro assist.
    btw, Hay nitroelectric, i wish if you can share us your speed test runs.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yea of course I will. I'll probably be taking a vid too

RC Racer
    This post has been very helpful. I really like your Rusty. I can't wait to see a vid of that thing going fast! I am building a Rusty right now too. But I am looking for 80mph with a 540 or 550 size motor. Cause I want to still be able to make high speed turns. Below is a link to a vid of the set up I am starting with. Any help would be great. I trying to decide what motor and speed control would be best for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoA0iFq7Oo

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man! Well I'm not too familiar with those size motors, but Novak, Tekin, and Viper are all good quality motors.

RC Qualifier
    Lol well my integy spur gear 34T is on back order and will be shipped on the 25th. Kinda mad, but anyways the rest like my rear shock tower, front jacos, and bulkhead will be at my doorstep on Tuesday

RC Qualifier
    Yay everything is here except the spur gear which as I said before is on backorder. But I'll put everything together and post more pics when I'm done.

RC Qualifier
    Lol yea. I got more bad news. I lost one of the pins for connecting the arms to the bulkhead. They are impossible to find on my floor. I hate those tiny little pins soooo much. I'm waiting on my spur so I might as well wait on something else too. I'll go to my LHS

RC Qualifier
    And how bout some more bad news. The pics are pretty self explanatory

There is no way they can fit but do u think the screws that are in opposite corners hold it?

RC Qualifier
    Put more weight in the front. Each one is 1/2 oz. So since I have 1 pound which equals 16 oz, I have 32 of them on there.

Your shock tower is mounted wrong. Turn it 180 degrees and you will be fine.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    You have got to be kidding me. I am such an idiot. I must have had my old one mounted wrong as well because I just copied it. Lololol thanks

RC Qualifier
    Well here's some pics of it finally on 4 wheels. I just need to pick up some lock pins at my LHS and wait for my spur along with trying to find a gyro.

Mean machine!

Lol. Don't worry. We all have those "how can it be that I didn't notice that"-moments.

when it's done like these moments i recall the song :

The heat is on ...
    The heat is on on

I can feel the fire ....

Will done, share your videos here pls.

RC Qualifier
    Haha yeah I'm definitely going to share the vids

if mean dremel something to hold weight as i understand it, i would say it's enough to use adhisive tape to secure weights on place.

oh .. i see . sorry didn't get your point .
    and yes, adding the weight covered by the body shell or at least most of it helps improving the aerodynamics.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yea I noticed that but the size (as in the length and width) of the weights limit me to how many I can fit. So removing that bump wouldn't benefit me at all. Thanks though

RC Qualifier
    I know I am, but I'm leaving it anyway. I'll have to remove it eventually so if I do need to, then I'll just modify the placement of the weights.

I would never remove it. You wouldn't be able to mount a Bandit body anymore!

RC Qualifier
    Nah I has no intention of ever using a bandit body. I don't really like them :/

RC Qualifier
    Need me some foams like those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    E-maxx 3903
    GraveDigger BL power
    Slash CC SCT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ttThree View Post
    I dont know how much the bumper affects, but usually people turn their rpm bumpers upside down to prevent the front from lifting. Maybe a myth i dont know.
    I don't think it would help very much for flipping, but might have a positive effect on the aerodynamic aspect of it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brailman133 View Post
    Need me some foams like those!

They're are the low profile jacos. They look great. Don't know for sure yet how they will be for speed runs with the motor I'm using...but anyway they're great for the Velineon

RC Qualifier
    I'm building a rustler with a 2560kv ********* motor. It's got rear foams just waiting on shocks. Post some videos when u get her going

E-maxx 3903
    GraveDigger BL power
    Slash CC SCT

RC Qualifier
    Okay will do. Good luck with your build!

RC Qualifier
    Hmm feel like I should have just gotten an xo-1 for the money I put into this lol

RC Qualifier
    Yea. If it still was my choice I would take an Xo-1 over what I have any day of the week. I don't want to pour any more money into this to make it "sane" btw so I'll just stick with it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast