RC Qualifier

Slash 4X4 or Platinum?????!!! :0

Alright heres my situation, i want to buy a slash 4x4 but i will only have 440, the 4x4 at my lhs is 389.99 and platinum is 419.99, if i get the platinum i wont get a radio or battery and id have to buy paint, but i would get aluminum parts sway bars and big bores... I have a flysky GT3B so the radio isnt an issue,also i have 2 batteries already. But with the 4x4 i would also be able to get some good tires for my local clay track!! I dont know which one to get?!? im going to the hobby shop tomorrow so i dont have much time to decide lol! :0
    Rustler Vxl,Slash 2WD,Slash 4X4,SPC Lipos

RC Champion
    Buy the base slash and upgrade as things break. Yeah stuff will break but at least you will be having fun now. I am a total rc noob and bought the 6808. I just upgrade when stuff breaks and I love this truck.

RC Champion
    You'll have to get the 4x4 you won't have enough cash to get the rest of the bits you need for the platinum by the sound of it - get the cheaper one, get running, as you break bits then upgrade as you can afford (personally I'd save for the ultimate again if I was going for another stocker - best value by far)

Whatever you get you'll have fun - not too much breaks even on the straight 4x4 and you don't HAVE to upgrade anything immediately (I downgraded my front hub carriers on my ultimate - the alloy ones wore out and I didn't have enough cash for new ones so swapped back to plastic - still going strong 6 months later and I'm probably going to replace with the same again when the finally wear out)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    i got my ultimate for 250 used. just wait for a great deal .
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

Do you have the reciever to go with the radio? If you do, I would go with the Platinum. If I were you I would save up and get the Ultimate. I have had both and the Ultimate is worth the extra money. Mind you I got both of mine used in great shape for a very cheap amount
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Champion
    DONT but new then !!!! , from my experiance if you stretch it to get an RC then youll need batteries (80-100), charger( 60 min) and $50-$75 in parts within 6 months, and thats if you take it easy.

The Platimun is worth the $30
    or
    buy a quality used one
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I would also have to say buy a quality used one.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by falconsare5@yahoo.com View Post
    Alright heres my situation, i want to buy a slash 4x4 but i will only have 440, the 4x4 at my lhs is 389.99 and platinum is 419.99, if i get the platinum i wont get a radio or battery and id have to buy paint, but i would get aluminum parts sway bars and big bores... I have a flysky GT3B so the radio isnt an issue,also i have 2 batteries already. But with the 4x4 i would also be able to get some good tires for my local clay track!! I dont know which one to get?!? im going to the hobby shop tomorrow so i dont have much time to decide lol! :0
    PM your way .

I have gotten both of my trucks used. I got my first, a standard Slash 4x4 in January 2010 for $150! I got my Ultimate for $50 in February 2012. Deals are out there if you look.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Champion
    Either buy used or get a roller of the online auction. By buying a roller I now have an Ultimate that cost way less than $400. It took some deal searching to get. But I got a great truck for much less than the LHS sells them for. Patience does pay in the end.

RC Competitor
    buy cheaper ..... you will break the Alum. parts and you will replace with RPM might as well just buy cheap and when the stock break buy rpm ..... you can buy all RPM and still be less money than the Ultimate truck new\stock .... I have the 4x4 all RPM A-arms bumpers and shock towers and I'm happy as can be.

RC Champion
    i got my slash 4x4 ultimate with powerstrokes and rpm rear bumper with 2.4 trx radio for 130 on craigslist, just check your local craigslist.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    I did check my craigslist and there wasnt any 4x4 slashs avaliable

RC Racer
    get the platinum, and sell the center diff on ebay. then your getting alum. parts for the same price as a stock slash
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

RC Enthusiast
    Just went through the same when I was looking for a new truck. I went for the 4x4 because it seems like the RPM parts are more favorable than the aluminum. I'm really happy with my purchase!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chub-Five View Post
    get the platinum, and sell the center diff on ebay. then your getting alum. parts for the same price as a stock slash
    Good idea - but I bet you'll end up keeping the diff ;0)
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    I got the ultimate. Aluminum parts are perfect after a year of hard running and alot of 50-60 mph cartwheel crashes.

The used idea and someone who has already put the upgrades on is a great thing too as suggested earlier. You will save alot of $ in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I bought my 4x4 tuesday guys!! im officially a slash 4x4 owner!!

RC Enthusiast
    Welcome to the addiction!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Got my Platinum for 380, Mint with some extras (bodys, tires, kingz motor mount, drive shafts, and a lot of spurs and pinions)

But goodluck to you!.. I'd get the platinum though