Thread: Runaway slash

RC poster

Runaway slash

I bought a slash 4x4 ultimate. First run I lost control at about 100ft and it clipped a park bench and tore off an A-arm. I replaced that and ran it again same problem. So far I have tried
    -replaced radio batteries
    -rebinded the controller
    -binded my summit controll to it to see if it was the radio
    -removed the entire antenna wire and checked resistance
    -opened up the link box to see if the wire was not soldered properly
    -reset all the settings on the radio and VXL3s
    -checked the connectors on Ch1 & Ch2
    No luck solving the range problem and now I have a new one. When I turn on the VXL3s it blinks fast green. The throttle trim trouble code. I went through the troubleshooting for this and no luck. The radio will only connect if I bind it every time I turn the VXL3s on. If I do connect it when I turn it also applies throttle. If I turn off the controller the trucks goes full throttle forwards and I can't turn it off unless I unplug the battery. Any ideas ? I can't call Traxxas support because I'm in Canada.

RC Qualifier
    this sounds like a problem i had a while ago. i dropped my transmitter and the antenna disconnected inside it. open up the transmitter and see if that is your problem. its an easy fix just snap it back on
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke;
    I can't call Traxxas support because I'm in Canada.
    Oh yes you can call Traxxas alright. It's jus works out to be a $1 a minute.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    Oh yes you can call Traxxas alright. It's jus works out to be a $1 a minute.
    When my motor broke on third run I got my LHS that I bought it from to sort it out (they phoned Traxxas - from the uk!) took a bit longer but was 30d from purchase - here in uk 30d is kinda the good-will time that a shop will take things back if faulty - if you purchased recently I'd go down that route - might save a bit of cash and LHS - purchasing direct from Traxxas might have a little more "persuasion" power - Traxxas a generally very good with warranty problems tho, just if you live outside USA things take a bit longer - unless you can find one of their satellite depots - used to be one in uk but its shut now :0(
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Champion
    If you need a cheap Radio, reciever, send me a PM

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC poster
    I replaced the receiver and now it took care of the throttle issue. It still only goes about a hundred feet. I looked at the antenna on the original and the new one they are both missing the small flexible end just past the hard metal piece. Would this cause a range problem. The hobby shop I got it from said it didn't matter that piece just folds over to hold the antenna. In the manual it specifically says not to do this. I have tried my summit controller and I just bought a rustler and tried that controller and still no luck so I don't think it's the controller.

RC poster
    I replaced the receiver and now it took care of the throttle issue. It still only goes about a hundred feet. I looked at the antenna on the original and the new one they are both missing the small flexible end just past the hard metal piece. Would this cause a range problem. The hobby shop I got it from said it didn't matter that piece just folds over to hold the antenna. In the manual it specifically says not to do this. I have tried my summit controller and I just bought a rustler and tried that controller and still no luck so I don't think it's the controller.
    Summit,Slash4x4,RustlerVXL,Nightcrawler

RC Racer
    I might be the luckiest traxxas owner yet. I live in Plano,Tx. TRAXXAS headquarters. My friends tqi remote died on him. So we took it up their, they have a little room you walk in hand your product to the associate. And usually they can check it out why you wait. Then they handed him a brand new controller. Traxxas is literally a 5 min drive from my house!
    4Pede ,MM-2650,Protrac, Power strokes,3s 8200= fun