RC Enthusiast

villains first run in big water

i usually on only run in calm to mild waters.. this was alot of fun. first time i ran it in the ocean. sandy hook to be exact.. lots of fun.

darth doing his best to get away from the sea monster

i took 3 videos. it was the GFs first time using her new camera.. not too long. the dog loves her traxxas rc!

Last edited by zero_1; 06-29-2012 at 09:19 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks good! What are you running inside for power?
    E-MAXX 3905 + Villain IV + Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    she is pretty much stock power wise. i did add the OSE 48mm prop kit, and OSE carbon fiber turn fins.

Traxxas Marshal
    For future reference, which fins did you end up going with? Turn fins seem to be a fairly asked about upgrade, so I thought I would ask.

Looks like fun, by the way.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    i used ose-80049 Carbon Fiber Turn Fin Set... lol i like the way they look. i <3 carbon fiber. they really work well, the boat really digs in for the turns. i will post a pic in the pic thread after i reassemble the boat.
    Last edited by zero_1; 07-01-2012 at 10:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Zero 1... the vids were great.. I was hoping the Lab would get a chunk of the boat. but I guess not.. It was doing great in the waves and really held the turns...
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Enthusiast
    oh she did. i will show you next time we run the boats.. there is a huge scratch in the side of the hatch... lol

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    For future reference, which fins did you end up going with? Turn fins seem to be a fairly asked about upgrade, so I thought I would ask.

Looks like fun, by the way.
    here ya go
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-05-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    I'm in Jersey too and just picked up a nitro vee. It needs a fuel tank but should be running in the next week or two. Might be able to meet up with you or something next time you run. I'd probably avoid the ocean though.

Is you dog a lab? She looks like a Newfie.

RC Enthusiast
    lol.. she does resemble a newfie, but she is only about 60lbs. i dont know what she is.. i do know she is my little girl though.

im sure that was the last time in salt water though.. way too much clean up. i had to tear the whole thing apart. that showed other repairs that needed to be made. im gonna stick to the local lakes i think.

RC Champion
    Zero_1... that dog owns you.. LOL... I think I will get the fins on my boat in the near future.. just have to find the time to get around to doing it... you know how it is..

Look like a lot of fun
    Rock n Rolla !

why villain got deleted on marine section at traxxas product page, does this mean it will be completely discontinued??no more parts??i love my villain much which is a very fun boat compared to others, so sad traxxas took it out on their product list..

RC Enthusiast
    yep it looks to be discontinued. the villain had been around for a long time. they have the spartan now, maybe traxxas will bring out another 30" or so mono hull for us to go gaga over. i am very sure traxxas will continue to make parts for our beloved little wave crashers..

hope they will still make parts for us. a mono hull twin set up with independent control propulsion that one can go reverse and forward on the other at the same time would be cool..

RC Champion
    There are thankfully not alot of parts that break on the Villain, but I would try and stock up on some of the wear items. Bellows and such.. hopefully Traxxas will replace it someday.. kind of like the electric 4tec....

RC Enthusiast
    if i follow what traxxas does.. it will be some horribly expensive, 200mph rc surface torpedo that is jet propelled and uses 50s lipo, and you will need a satellite link-up to do that much... lol. but realistically, it will probably be some faster version of the spartan. i think boats like the villain are a thing of the past. proboat discontinued the fastech, and that was as close to a villain as far as a true to scale pleasure power boat you could get without buying one of those rc yachts.

RC Qualifier
    Well I just picked up a brand new Villain Ex that I'm very much looking forward to running. A friend of mine also got one.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax View Post
    Well I just picked up a brand new Villain Ex that I'm very much looking forward to running. A friend of mine also got one.
    they are fun out of the box and fast enough to be entertaining without the white knuckle run of some of the fast brushless electrics.. Whats nice to is they can be had cheap enough to see if you like boats and if you don't destroy it, you will get most of your money back.. If you get hooked, you will be forever looking at ways to make it faster.. and trust me you can.