RC poster

fan/blower at the engine

hi, my name is felipe and i have a revo 3.3. When i'm driving my revo I have to stop when it consumes 1/4 of the tank because it reaches 120c. i've already tried to slow the engine and other things but it still gets very hot. to solve It, i put a fan on the engine, so I'd like to know if this can cause some problem to my engine or i can continue driving with a fan on it. thanks for the attention.

Fan won't do much harm, but it is masking your overheating issue due to a lean tune. Richen it up and you should be fine.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    either your tune or maybe something broken (ie an air leak causing the engine to run lean and overheat)
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    no need to put a fan on your engine, you just need to cut some holes on the body and plus your 6v batt pack will just drain all the power from the fan and before you know it, you dont have control of your truck.

Originally Posted by felipe toledo

I have a revo 3.3, to cool the engine i put a fan on it. it's working but i'd like to know if it can cause some problem. should I worry?

RC Racer
    If you ( or someone else w/ the fab skills ) could design a fan to run off of the crank shaft ( think F1's 1978 Brabham's BT46B 'fan car' ) I'm sure you could sell the idea to traxxas, integy, or any of the nitro 1/8 scale on road guys...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1morevo View Post
    If you ( or someone else w/ the fab skills ) could design a fan to run off of the crank shaft ( think F1's 1978 Brabham's BT46B 'fan car' ) I'm sure you could sell the idea to traxxas, integy, or any of the nitro 1/8 scale on road guys...
    Im not sure u would gain enough to way out the powerloss and premature engine failure due to excessive strain on the motor

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

there are plenty of "fans" designed to run off nitro motors, they go in rc planes, airboats, and helicopters! lol! Not really a good benefit to cost ratio there, a bigger cooling head and more airflow is where its at for these engines.
    Dont handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    A snorkel, like they put in the mudding cars?? You can direct air straight the the engine

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pbznn4