Thread: Li-Pos

RC Qualifier

Li-Pos

hi guys ok this guy said that Li-Pos only lasted about a year is this true?????
    and will they act like a nimh were that power out put goes down??????
    thanks

RC Qualifier
    and im talking how long will they last in like an emaxx?

RC Champion
    Depends on how you treat them. No, they stay with a whole punch. They don't die down.
    Emaxx #3903, MERV
    RPM/PROLINE

RC Qualifier
    ok so just being nice to the Li-Po will make it last longer???

Stop using your truck when the lipo starts loosing power and not run the lipo totally flat. Make sure you set your low voltage cutoff...mine is set at 3.4. This will certainly help prolong the life of your lipo.

Having a good charger is also recommended.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

make sure your lipos can supply the amps needed for your system too very important on this as well because if you the lipo doesnt provide the amps the system is going to over stress the lipos and cause them to puff over time and their life will be shortened and they tend to heat up. 120amps if minimum for the MMM system but i would get some that are atleast 130amps to have a slight bit more than enough so make sure you get enough amps to the system. 5000mah 30c provide 150amps and will suit your needs good. if you havent boughten lipos check out gensace 5000mah 50-100c hardcase. nice lipo for the emaxx i will be getting those next more likely or 7600mah 40-80c both 2s.
    Living life.

Storage is just as improtant, store lipos at 3.85v~ish per cell for any length of time you will not be using the batts..
    After my batts cool, I balance & store my batts at storage volts after every run.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Storage is just as improtant, store lipos at 3.85v~ish per cell for any length of time you will not be using the batts..
    After my batts cool, I balance & store my batts at storage volts after every run.
    forgot about that was typing too fast and looking at stuff to buy lol. good catch there.
    Living life.

RC Racer
    generally lipos are good for 300 charges is what "they" "da man" claims

RC Racer
    I have had my venom lipo for 2 years and it died on me but ive had my sky lipos for 2 years also and it still is all around better than the venom. Now as for performance the lipo's will have more "punch" to them but also when there charge wears off they get weak really quick unlike nimh's
    Nitro soup@urc forums-Andrew Nabb on youtube

RC Champion
    I've got a venom 3s pack thats still going good, no puffing or anything after 2 years. However two of my certain chinese brand are about 1 1/2 years old started getting a little bulged. Then again I dont treat my lipos that well, usually they have a full charge in them when they sit
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8