RC Qualifier

Pro-Line power stroke upgrade

Whats everyones opinion about the Pro-Line power strokes. Want/need an upgrade to my stock shocks. Pro-line has the power strokes for the slash. Will the rear shocks work on my emaxx 3908? And does anyone have any experience with them. And should i go with 8 or just 4?

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    BadlyDaniels did a great post on the dual rate spring. Although he did it for Stampede the same concept should apply for the E Maxx. I played around with it once but the softest springs I had were too stiff. I'm not sure if the rear Slash PS shocks will fit the E Maxx. Maybe if you have FLM shock towers with multiple mounting positions they might fit. I think you'll find most people will say it's not worth the money buying enough rear shocks to outfit the entire E Maxx. If your going to spend that kind of money, might as well get some good big 1/8 buggy shocks. Or a lot of Maxx owners are very happy with the Big Bore shocks and white progressive springs (which it looks like you already have).

What are you wanting out of your shocks that they currently aren't doing?

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ht=powerstroke

Nice looking Raptor BTW.

RC Qualifier
    proline originally made powerstrokes for the t-maxx a long time ago, they were supposedly some of the coolest shocks around. If I remember there were 8 shocks and 4 springs.
    I like turtles.

Only the coolest people have them.. lol.
    I don't think anyone has tried to use the rears on a maxx if there is some measuements maybe someone could help.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    Im actually still using the original plastic shocks and have 2 bent shafts. Also i have a ton of spacers in them to keep it from bottoming out with 80 weight oil. Also they leak badly. Just wanted something better for more adjustability, and ive been tacking it to my local track. But mostly for construction site and trail bashing. Thanks for all your help.

RC Champion
    You can go the cheaper route and rebuild those Ultra shocks. Put new shafts in the bent ones and new seals in all of them. You may have an issue inside some that your not aware of. You may have some pistons that have come off the shaft. Could be that some of the diaphragms in the caps are dislodged. If they are leaking, not enough oil in the body can be the culprit too. If you rebuild them, look into either putting one piston on or check out RPMs dual stage pistons.

If you want to just start out all over with new shocks; Like i already mentioned, Big Bores are very popular. They are aluminum body/cap with titanium coated shafts. I'm using Team Blue Star shocks. They are decent. They are an adjustable aluminum body/cap with titanium coated shafts.

Just about any way you go with new shocks, 9 times out of 10 you'll want to change up the oil and springs to a thicker oil and heavier/stiffer spring.

RC Racer
    the rear slash will work on there but like MNM said adjustable towers, UE is having a sale and FLM are good too, Meebert, 4 were shocks and 4 were dampners

Nice truck, unfortunately the slash shocks are shorter and will have less travel and damping.

Big bores or team blue are better, or if you want really good shocks, get some ofna ones off ebay
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

because the pro lines are very hard to find nowadays, they are also very expensive when you do find them.
    The U.E.'s are nice though
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

Ya, those are top-of-the-line and have a price tag to prove it
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Champion
    +1 on the UE's, I got 8 OFNA LX one shocks off ebay (which are what those shocks are with different shafts and springs) and got the UE springs, they work mint and are wicked beefy
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8