RC Champion

Flooding with new tank?

I got the truck about month ago and did the break in and got her tuned good. But I quickly found out about the small fuel tank. I saw about how people put the tmaxx tank in and I saw the PL runtime tank and i got that. I went to go run it today and it took like 2 min to get it running, fuel was instantly coming out the pipes and by the time i got it started the tank was full and 1/8 of inch was already gone. Why would it be getting some much fuel? I got it to run but it was really rich and I blew through 3/4 of the tank in like 15 min. I didnt touch the needles since I changed it. I didnt try to retune yet either
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Champion
    A lot of people have problems with that tank. I think it's because the fuel level is higher than the carb.

i have this tank also on my pede, you'll need to retune at half tank again but tune for performance as you would normally having it a slight lean IMO for that tank so when its full it runs just a little rich only then leans out like it should. i get about 35mins or so runtime on a 2.5R not bad either going 1/2 throttle. Though as stated people do have trouble with that tank but its about the only tank that fits the pede without cutting the chassis up.
    Living life.

RC Champion
    Well mines not even mounted to the chassis I made a mount thats attached to the receiver holder. So will a stock t maxx tank fit inside the plastic chassis and mount to the aluminum one?

So I just ran what I had left for fuel. The fuel level was where the fuel line comes out of the tank (not surprising), being above the carb is the problem I think like said before. It kept stalling on me from loading up with fuel but I increased the idle i little and thats fixed. I think the way to fix this and have it run a full tank is move the fuel pickup outlet from the tank to the top of tank instead of the side so gravity cant do its thing and flood the engine. That should fix the 1/ tank lean too because after it gets that spot just the back pressure is pushing fuel not back pressure and gravity. If that doesnt work then back to the tried and true stock tank. But I cant do anything until tuesday because im in maine at my summer house without tools.

I looked at it again I had the fuel line like this

If I keep part of it above the highest point it shouldnt flood the engine anymore, so keep it like this

Oh and the mount is just aluminum
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-15-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: post merge

turning the tank around and it should mount up fine to the chassis but i had to make new mounting holes on mine but you just gave me an idea to use a alum plate to attach tank then the alum plate to the chassis stock mounting holes because the stock mounting holes dont match up to the tank maxx tank at all. look at mine in the gallery here on my nitro pede and you'll see what i am talking about my tank how it is mounted. i have th fuel line up like you do also and works good. Make sure the tank the small side is towards the ez start motor then slide it in then push on the taller part down making sure the alum plate you have fits just right and matches the mounting holes to bolt down. i use mine without mounting before and held in fine till a roller LOL.
    Living life.

RC Champion
    Thanks, I thought it wouldnt fit but obviously it does according to your pics.

Oh and a roll bar is gonna be in the works soon since I read how these tanks like to crack so roll overs wont be a problem
    Last edited by 02hawk; 07-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.