Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Can't get phone bluetooth to work with my tx

Not sure what to try at this point.

Phone is android 6.0.1 (samsung galaxy j7)

I have previously had them connected to each other.

However, I think both have updated since that time, and maybe they are incompatible now?

app is 5.6.2.8105

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    anyone? anxious to play with my toy car

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tried another phone, fresh app install, still wont pair. Either 1 or both of these phones was connected previously, now nothing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I guess no one looks at this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Your not alone, my equipment all went dead after an Android security patch
    update about a week or two ago. Until Traxxas updates it's app I've been
    forced to use that confounded tree to make some minor changes. I have
    three transmitters and six vehicles setup with Bluetooth, kind of an expensive
    flop for me.

Edit: Phones, Android 7.1.2
    Last edited by Rich2; 07-07-2017 at 07:25 AM.

RC Racer
    I'll be looking at this forum until the software nightmare is resolved. I have a Nvidia Shield tablet w/Android 7.0 that does not work with the app. Someone on a different thread suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app and resetting everything on the vehicle and start over. I haven't tried that yet but will give it a shot. Sometimes on other systems that sort of thing can work.

Jimbo, with over 8,500 posts you are obviously a faithful Traxxas customer. I can't understand Traxxas screwing around with customers like you. The rest of us who are relatively new to Traxxas are even more likely to be ignored/screwed.
    Last edited by gfmucci; 07-07-2017 at 01:10 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great.... At least it isn't on my end. They need to fix this though. I had the chance to get the spektrum with avc, but decided to go with the traxxas tsm. I am about to start regretting that decision.

So they release new vehicles, but can't fix their app? Pretty screwy if you ask me.......

RC Racer
    In a thread I posted yesterday after I spoke to a Traxxas tech on the phone, he said they are aware of the problem, are working on it diligently and "expect a fix within 48 hours." Yes, he said that. I hope it's true, or I too will be a Spektrum fan. Worse, I can't see spending a ton of money on a system (Traxxas) where I can't use $100 worth of equipment (radios) I can't use.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    48 hours......

RC Racer
    48 hours......
    Yup, times up. I emailed them last night asking how we can be notified of the fix. No response yet.

RC Racer
    Here's my latest email exchange with Traxxas on this topic...

Jul 10 (1 day ago)

to support

When will the fixed version of Traxxas Link for Android be available? What is the best way to be informed when it is available for download or updating? Last Thursday a Traxxas tech told me it would be available "in 48 hours".

Thanks

Support
    8:35 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
    Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have an estimate.

Best Regards
    Steve
    Traxxas Customer Support

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's been broken for at least a month..... They weren't going to have a fix in 48 hours...

Anyone want to buy a modded slash I can't use because Traxxas wont fix the app?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    any updates?

not the app

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    updates?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    still waiting

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    still broken

RC Racer
    I sent another email to support@traxxas.com and asked the following questions:

Any updates on when Traxxas Link for Android will be fixed?

Also, what is the best way for us to be notified once a fix is available?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    I sent another email to support@traxxas.com and asked the following questions:

Any updates on when Traxxas Link for Android will be fixed?

Also, what is the best way for us to be notified once a fix is available?
    did they respond?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    anyone want to buy a modded slash? all it does is sit because of this app.....

RC Racer
    did they respond?
    Nope. Not yet.

RC poster
    I was ready to get an Ultimate Slash and put it on back order at AMain. They notified me that they were available and since the telemetry is not working, I cancelled the order. I wanted a 4X4 to go along with my 2wd and Rustler but it's not worth the extra cost to get a system that is inop. I did install all the hardware in the 2wd and it is worthless at this point.

They must be making tons of money if they are willing to ignore product support and customer satisfaction.

RC Racer
    did they respond?
    Yes, here is their response from a an hour ago (7:39pm):

"Unfortunately it is an issue related to the latest Android security update and it is not anything we can fix with a Traxxas firmware update. You will need to send your Bluetooth module in and we will re-flash it.

"So long as you are in the US or canada it sounds like you need to send it to us for inspection. Please register your vehicle online if you have not already done so.

"You can register your vehicle on-line at this link. https://traxxas.com/register

"Once you have registered respond to this e-mail with the vehicles serial number your name, phone number, address and your Zip code. I will generate an RMA number for you to send it in.

"You can view our warranty and replacement policies at this link. https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-Warranty-Service

Best Regards
    Steve
    Traxxas Customer Support"

This is my follow-up question:

"Thanks for your reply. If I buy a new or 2nd Bluetooth module, what is the best way to know if it is current or also needs to be flashed? I have a Slash and a TRX-4."
    Last edited by gfmucci; 07-19-2017 at 07:24 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How about they send me a good one? Really turned off on traxxas at this point. It is something they can fix. I am not wasting my any more of my time and money sending it in to them.... I apparently already wasted my money on this system.....

Funny thing is, I deal with firmware updates daily, and wirelessly too.... Did the engineers never figure there might be some update that would make their hardware inoperable? Why has there been NO factory support until this?

RC Racer
    Yes, here is their response from a an hour ago (7:39pm):

This is my follow-up question:

"Thanks for your reply. If I buy a new or 2nd Bluetooth module, what is the best way to know if it is current or also needs to be flashed? I have a Slash and a TRX-4."
    Here is the Traxxas follow up answer:

Unfortunately nothing out there currently includes the update. I am sure that future product will already be updated but I do not have any time line on that or know how you would be able to tell.

Best Regards
    Steve
    Traxxas Customer Support

RC poster
    I wonder if we can flash it with an Apple device to address the issue?

RC Racer
    How about they send me a good one? Really turned off on traxxas at this point. It is something they can fix. I am not wasting my any more of my time and money sending it in to them.... I apparently already wasted my money on this system.....

Funny thing is, I deal with firmware updates daily, and wirelessly too.... Did the engineers never figure there might be some update that would make their hardware inoperable? Why has there been NO factory support until this?
    Knowing that patience and perseverance are virtues, I'm slogging on and am confirming the registration of my vehicles, sending in my serial numbers, and asking for an RMA to return my Bluetooth module to have it flashed. I can live without it for a couple of weeks 'cause I can't use it anyway the way it is. It sure beats having to send in the whole vehicle.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's them being lazy. But they can release new bash videos....

RC poster
    Traxxas support did let me that the BT will still work with an IOS device. They will RMA the module and reflash, which is what I'm going to do.

RC poster
    once traxxas has flash your module can u please give an update whether or not this works ! Im in Australia so this process would prob take months for me so I wanna know if its worth returning or not ? many thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicksta View Post
    once traxxas has flash your module can u please give an update whether or not this works ! Im in Australia so this process would prob take months for me so I wanna know if its worth returning or not ? many thanks
    Will do. I just mailed my Bluetooth module yesterday. I expect to hear Traxxas receipt confirmation late this week. Should get it back in 2 weeks, I'm guessing. So I should be able to test it and know if it works by the 2nd week in August. Stay tuned.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    any update?

RC Racer
    any update?
    The module is in the mail back to me from Traxxas in Texas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sent my own email, a couple days ago, still no response....

RC Qualifier
    I have the solution for this problem. After buying different phones android and setting them back to 'before the patch' It didnt work either!! Turns out its the app not the phone!!!! Download the old version of the app from june 03 2017.apk and its fixed!! Google the traxxas link app and get this version and dont update via playstore!!! Good luck.

Ive been majorly hacked the last year so I hope my posts come on.
    Last edited by benster1; 07-30-2017 at 01:58 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by benster1 View Post
    I have the solution for this problem. After buying different phones android and setting them back to 'before the patch' It didnt work either!! Turns out its the app not the phone!!!! Download the old version of the app from june 03 2017.apk and its fixed!! Google the traxxas link app and get this version and dont update via playstore!!! .
    It's quite possible that BOTH your solution and the "flashing solution" by Traxxas will work. I'd like to keep the latest OS on the phone if possible - newer versions usually help with security/hack protection.

I'll let you guys know if the Bluetooth module flash worked by Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when I get the module back.

RC Qualifier
    It's quite possible that BOTH your solution and the "flashing solution" by Traxxas will work. I'd like to keep the latest OS on the phone if possible - newer versions usually help with security/hack protection.

I'll let you guys know if the Bluetooth module flash worked by Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when I get the module back.
    You can use the latest firmware on your phone. Just an older app version is what you need. Why should an older version of the app work if its a issue with android? The app works like a charm now. Same phone same security patch.

RC Racer
    You can use the latest firmware on your phone. Just an older app version is what you need. Why should an older version of the app work if its a issue with android? The app works like a charm now. Same phone same security patch.
    Thanks for the correction. I think newer versions of apps often improve security as well. Anyway, you make a good point. Do you think Traxxas solution of flashing the module will work? Is there a reason why it's easier or better for them somehow to flash the module instead of fixing the app? I can't think of any rational reason. Unless they want to go in a different direction with the app that requires a different Bluetooth configuration. All secret proprietary stuff they probably don't want to share. Whatever reason, it appears their path wasn't thought out very well. They've screwed up some measure of customer loyalty.
    Last edited by gfmucci; 07-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Traxxas says our problem is in the module, not the app, so why would
    we want to upload an ancient .apk. They say to send the module to them
    and they'll fix it. Maybe that's why you've been hacked so much lately.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Suit yourself. Did you even try it for a second?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    I think if its in the module they would say send it in everyone!!! Good luck. The apk is from june 03 so 6 weeks ago you had that same apk on your phone. They updated it and the module stopped working? Yeah right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast