RC Competitor

Jato 3.3 Upgrades

Hello, im getting a jato 3.3 next thursday and i was wondering what upgrades i should get for it, im on a 600$ budget for upgrades, i will be driving it on-road and the road is a little rough

cangratulatinons for getting a jato soon

$600 for upgrades is too big cash. i'd say save most of it for real needed spare parts later.
    as for upgrades, the RPM all around is a must. A-arms, front bumper, water proof high tourq sevo... these what i can say for now.
    for the desribed road next to you, the anacondas works well. you can use the traxxas alias tires both front and rear, it's perfect for hard rough asphalt tracks.
    anther option get geolanders but it comes as 2.2" size so you have to get a 2.2 wheels for it.

RC Qualifier
    2nd RPM arms and bumper

HR Dual Disk Brake Kit
    TRX lightweight Chassis
    TRX alloy wheelibar wheels
    Batterie Pack

Despite what some might say the Jato is tough out the box. Just a few bits to make is really strong and performing consistant.

RC Enthusiast
    6 big ones eh' I say buy another Jato!

RC Competitor
    buy a really stronge roll cage so it doesnt break if it gets run over a car

p.s. dont race the cars on the highway, expecially if the cars are coming from both directions

RC Enthusiast
    There is no way you should have to spend 6 bills on up grades. Take the thing out, break it in properly, and have some fun with it. I always say, if you up grade before you drive the thing you won't be able to tell what improved or got worse.

RC Qualifier
    X2 good advice. Got to take it and feel it out to do the best upgtades for you. Something you dont like, upgrade to make it better.

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    id keep it stock and save the money for gas. its already a great truck stock.
    Philippians 4:13

RC Racer

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by integyjato3.3 View Post
    Looks nice but I would not recommend Integy parts unless it was going to be a shelf queen.

I say keep it stock and upgrade as you break stuff or as you feel you need better performance.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Racer
    Thats what that was. I'm building another one now.

RC Qualifier
    As little to no integy as possible. Shelf or street. Poorest quality parts avaible.

My take on integy is only if I have to due to lack of better option and a need. Integy is like a bad world in RC.
    Last edited by Assassin; 08-29-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Not to start anything, but integy is the biggest rc manufacturer that supplies various parts per each model among rc cars biggest names. some of it's parts i tried last almost forever. " my own humble personal opinion " about it is really good parts with wide selections and the " only " bad thing about these parts is it's high tag prices.

RC Qualifier
    Flooding the industry with poor design tin can alloy parts is not a sign of anything other than they are too busy flooding the industry to build quality stuff. Shocks from them (piggy back especially) are the industry standard for crap.

They have stuff that works, but usually the same stuff that works in plastic that even tin can alloy will be stonger but not nearly as well built or alloy as stong as other aftermarket companies. The fact they also inflate the prices is part of the smoke screne, many people get fooled into thinking if it cost alot it must be high quality, but Integy is the oposite, high price for lowest quality.

Im debating this with a positive attitude and in now way disrespectfull. I have much experience and have shared this bad experience with many others. I beef with Integy because they IMO robbed me of my hard earned cash for a 24 case of beers worh of alloy... Stripped hubs, bent shafts, weak anodizing, poor design, low quality industry joke. I have 8 RC currently and Ive tried integy stuff over the years and only the parts that really dont even need to be in alloy (like the alloy gear box on my Savy) last because they are never really pushed. The Jato on road dont take much of a beating (compared to a Savage XL or 8th scale truggy) Run those Integy Piggy backs off some real jumps they wont last an hour.
    Last edited by Assassin; 08-29-2012 at 01:32 PM.

with respect to your opinion and personal experience with integy parts, there's no something called alloy parts that never bent if faces a hard crash, so any other alloy parts by any other manufacturer will bent at this point or that.

in economics ( i'm just a bio chemist though ), if you continue on carrying out manufacturing a low quality products with high prices, you'll went out of business within matter of a short time. Integy keeps on expanding their products for years now and it's clear that they earn high revenues no question.
    talking about the piggy shocks.... i'd been known to one friend in UK who was using these shocks on the beach there for long time and he never complain of it although i know that many complains .

honestly, i can see many talking about integy's products and how bad are they, but the company still selling and selling without any reduction in most of their items.

RC Racer
    I've never had a problem with integy stuff. But I like driving my rc's. Not smashing them to see what I can break. Use what you want. I like building shelf queens, so I buy new Rc's and make them look good. Integy has some of the nicest looking parts around.
    If you drive hard and break things alot, then you may as well use stock parts. You can get most anything stock on ebay for penny's on the dollar.
    Any part has it's breaking point. It's just how hard you try.
    Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    Given the Jato is a lil guy who running the streets doesnt get into much trouble so the crapness of Integy doent come out. My Savage is a Basher and has taken 20 foot jumps over and over and over with STD HPI plastic big bores. The Integes bent the shaft after less then 5 foot air. Another from a roll. Stipped hubs, actually had to order 2 sets because 1 of the first set wasnt even useable. Roll bars last one roll, poor quality control leaves part consistency lacking.

To be technical, the shock shafts are junk at best, the shocks "stick" like nothing Ive seen, they are not working piggy backs but just hunk of exyra weight for nothing. Stock shocks do the job better, much better.

Dont take my word for it, check the interweb to see the general consensus. See and learn from the experience of others. Integy dont look good, they look like the APC vs AEM, etc yeah they make the most junk for the most cars, not all that good. APC is the closest comparison from full scale I can think of off the top. Just google Integy, see what the general experience is.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...k-shock-review

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...egy-parts.html

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-...arts-junk.html

Thats just the tip.of the iceburg

The Jato is not a RC meant to take a beating, but I still will only use parts from companies that build stuff Savage tough, AS other options are where Integy is not.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 08-30-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Link removed to unauthorized site

RC Qualifier
    This here embodies the general take on Integy. Good for Shelf Queens, but how respected is a project built with APC Carbon Fiber versus VIS or SEIBON.?!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_77...tm.htm#7777374

It cost me nothing to sit back and let people learn for themselvs the hard way, but why not spare the hassels. The integy stuff is like Dollar Store quality, yeah it works, barely.

Bent arms, shocks, tvp's, stripped hubs, (one had no thread) snapped wheelie bars, busted shock seals, sticking shocks, it goes on and on....
    Last edited by Assassin; 08-29-2012 at 07:25 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert JATO View Post
    with respect to your opinion and personal experience with integy parts, there's no something called alloy parts that never bent if faces a hard crash, so any other alloy parts by any other manufacturer will bent at this point or that.
    Integy parts are cast aluminum which is not very strong. The quality manufacturers like FLM, RD Racing, and GH machine their parts from billet aluminum which is much stronger.

My Rustler is almost 100% aluminum from FLM and RD Racing. After a few years, many gallons, hard bashing, and a few crashes, I have never bent any of the FLM parts and I have only bent 1 RD shock tower.

FLM and GH also guarantee their parts. If you do happen to bend or break them, they are replaced for the price of shipping.

If you're just driving your truck on the beach, road, desert, etc. Integy will probably be fine. If you want to really have some fun and push things to the limit, then you need quality parts.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Love FLM & GH, I run one Savage with FLM XL HD TVPs and another with FLM LCG TVPs. They are so strong, such high quality. GH is the same, I got carriers that have gone through (Edited out for language filter was tripped) and back laughing.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 08-30-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Language filter triggered

Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post

If you're just driving your truck on the beach, road, desert, etc. Integy will probably be fine. If you want to really have some fun and push things to the limit....
    ok ... that's explain why it holds with me and some guys i know. also this explains why they are expanding enormous huge varieties of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Love FLM & GH, I run one Savage with FLM XL HD TVPs and another with FLM LCG TVPs. They are so strong, such high quality. GH is the same, I got carriers that have gone through and back laughing.
    i can tell that the vorza which is the same stock parts quality of your savage take on heavy crashes and jumps without any need of alloy hop ups. it's all about the quality of the plastic stock parts.
    Last edited by Desert JATO; 08-30-2012 at 05:12 AM.

RC Racer
    Well I just looked up ***, They don't seem to make anything for a jato. So all your Slamming Integy, cause your savage is to tough for them,and you use FLM, is kind of pointless. The original poster for this thread was looking to upgrade his JATO.
    On the other hand for the T-Maxx, I did see something I will be getting from flm. The rear bulk head w/the 1/8 scale diff

True ...integy do make a lot for the jato compared with other after market companies. check the 3 pages :
    http://www.integy.com/st_sresults.ht...&p_matchall=ON

RC Qualifier
    FLM was used as an example for high quality machined parts vs tin cans melted into a cast. No FLM doesnt support the Jato, wish they did, but its an example of High Quality parts that are more than just good for show.

Golden Horizon makes everything you may need for a Jato, some stuff TRX factory upgrades are all thats needed, TRX parts are much better than Integy. Side by side there is no comparison. GH squats over Integy.

The OP is looking for upgrades not downgrades. Might as well direct them to quality instead of useless quantity.

Better believe the Savy needs a lil alloy here and there. STD Savy couldnt handle what I put this thing through. Its built to take a beating, and beg for more laughing. Everything that was "upgraded" with Integy parts has busted, all integy replaced with quality parts, now she Handles whats thrown at her.

You guys are taking this too personally, we are only dogging Integy because 8 out of 10 have bad experience with Integy for a Reason. FACT-O-THA matter is Integy is the garbage, cheap, unimpressive, crap being flooded into the industry because those that dont know any better mistake the extensive catalogue and high model support with quality RC parts. Its a shame everytime an RC has integy written on it.

The Jato is a lil guy that dont take much of a beating, does that mean its okay to equip it with the crapyest parts on the market because they make a wide variety of crap?
    Last edited by Assassin; 08-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.

RC Racer
    Hhahahaahahaahhhhahahhahhaaahhah Your to funny

Guess what. That machined part that came from a block of alum, was poured from melted down.....wait for it................. Alum, Not tin, cans

Upgrades

Integy and RDLogics are well known in the RC industry for using cast aluminum on parts that need structural integrity/strength. They do make other parts that IMHO are decent, I like their shock spring sets and I like their TI-Nitrate Hex wrenches.

Integy parts are sold to the dealerships with a lot of room for markup, so they sell them. There are no warranties that their parts can not be easily damaged so there are no returns on these parts.

Now does this mean that nobody should use them? If they work for you that's what matters...

People also need to consider that this forum is on the World Wide Web. So if you are NOT in the U.S.A., parts availability as well as price can also be an issue....

The O.P. has asked what upgrades should he get for his not even arrived Jato, so how about some suggestions and let's move on and help the O.P.

With that said, I don't own a Jato, but I don't see anything being recommended for his Jato...

Heck, how about a temp gauge? If your new to nitro it's a must....
    Fuel Bottle? Glow Plugs? CA Glue? Tuning screwdriver? A glow ignitor is always handy....

I know I would recommend RPM A-arms for most any open wheeled vehicle......

Hope this helps...

The debate over Integy has ran it's course, let's move on shall we?
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    2nd RPM arms and bumper

HR Dual Disk Brake Kit
    TRX lightweight Chassis
    TRX alloy wheelibar wheels
    Batterie Pack

Despite what some might say the Jato is tough out the box. Just a few bits to make is really strong and performing consistant.
    I think that qualifies....

I've edited this part out.... I don't know what part of my post "The debate over Integy has ran it's course let's move on" you didn't comprehend. But I meant it....

Nitronaught is correct on all points. Even Integy has useable stuff, just every buy IMHO & IMHE is a gamble. And nothing you need to depend on for strength. I think the Jato on road dont take much abuse if your not beating the crap out of it.

TRX is great as the optional upgrades work good. Shocks, carriers, hubs, anti squat, chassis, cvd, etc. If your looking to grab upgrades that IMHO should be the first stop.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 08-30-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Clean up the arguing