RC Qualifier

I need more gears.

Does anybody know where I can multiple pinion gears and spur gears as one set.

I only have the following gearing.. pinions: 17, 19 and 23. Spurs: 90 and 86.

Also, these are all 48 Pitch gears.

Thanks in advanced.
    God is good.

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    Robinson racing or Hudy

Peace,
    Story

Links removed as they are not related to the thread and go to retailer websites.

From the online community behavior

11. Linking to online retailers. Posting links to online retailers is permitted ONLY as a means of identifying a product or part so users can better understand which part(s) you use or recommend. If you are identifying a Traxxas part, link to www.buytraxxas.com to identify it. Links to promotions or contests are not permitted. Linking to online stores solely for the purpose of indicating where to find the lowest price is not permitted and is not the purpose of this forum. Note: Traxxas does not permit links to certain retailers. Links to these retailers will appear starred-out. Review your post and delete any starred out links.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 07-27-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Linking to retailer

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Thanks greenskeeper!
    God is good.

RC Champion
    the rrp set are junk. had them many moons ago and not a single one is left. they all wore out within a few races.

stay away from them.
    Vintage TRX collector|Florida Dirt Oval racer

RC Qualifier
    What's rrp? Is it Robinson racing?
    God is good.

+1 to that, I bought several and most of them I had to rethread for the grub screw because they would not even tighten up. I have not striped any teeth off, just the threads are no good.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    What's rrp? Is it Robinson racing?
    God is good.

RC Champion
    Electrix makes a set that includes a 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 tooth pinion. They are on the cheap side but they only cost 4 dollars so its hard to complain. For racing or use with steel gears your stuck buying one at a time. The part number is ECX1074.

Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Qualifier
    So I have to buy one gear at a time instead of ordering just one whole set??
    God is good.

RC Champion
    You just gave me a good idea. Never seen one so I assume they don't exist. Hopefully no one takes my idea. I want to make a gear kit... Depending on the vehicle... And sell it. Maybe 5 pinions, 4 spurs, and a chart recommending ratios based on conditions and power?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    You just gave me a good idea. Never seen one so I assume they don't exist. Hopefully no one takes my idea. I want to make a gear kit... Depending on the vehicle... And sell it. Maybe 5 pinions, 4 spurs, and a chart recommending ratios based on conditions and power?
    Me Gusta!!

What would be the sizes of pinions and spurs?
    God is good.

My lhs sells a 5-pack of pinions but I can't remember the brand name... As I recall, the one I got was 17,19,21,23,25. They also sell them in even ranges. Do a web search on rc pinion pack
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    I found this on Amainhobbies. IT reads as followed,

"Electrix RC Pinion Gear Set (5) This is a replacement Electrix RC Pinion Gear Set, and is intended for use with the Electrix RC Circuit 1/10 stadium truck, Ruckus monster truck and Boost 1/10 buggy. This set includes 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 tooth pinion gears, allowing you to fine tune your gear ratio for a wide variety of conditions."

I would only be getting 3 new gears then 2 replacements. It says it's $3.69
    God is good.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    I found this on Amainhobbies. IT reads as followed,

"Electrix RC Pinion Gear Set (5) This is a replacement Electrix RC Pinion Gear Set, and is intended for use with the Electrix RC Circuit 1/10 stadium truck, Ruckus monster truck and Boost 1/10 buggy. This set includes 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 tooth pinion gears, allowing you to fine tune your gear ratio for a wide variety of conditions."

I would only be getting 3 new gears then 2 replacements. It says it's $3.69
    I already mentioned that one. They are not bad gears and do work. But they are cast rather than machined so they wear a little faster. But for the price its not a bad deal.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Robinson racing sells a pack of 6. All different sizes and they are 48 pitch. Just picked up a pack off eBay
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    Robinson racing sells a pack of 6. All different sizes and they are 48 pitch. Just picked up a pack off eBay
    the only 6 pack of gears i can from them are a 6 pack of gears that you would test different gear ratio's before buying the actual gears themselves.
    God is good.

RC Racer
    i would just go on ebay
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC Qualifier
    I have been looking on ebay but, it's just the same stuff on there. :/
    God is good.