RC Champion

few things i noticed about the two brushed motors i have.

ok so my gearing is something like 78spur n 25pinion. i have both the 20t stinger motor and the 12t titan. seems like on the same gearing the stinger hardly gets warm but the titan gets to normal temps(little over 130). also the stinger seems to have a little bit more acceleration and almost the same top speed as the titan. my titan tops a little higher than my stinger but takes a little longer to top out than my stinger. im pretty sure the differences im seeing between these two motors are normal. if im wrong please correct me. i actually like the gearing with the stinger but i think i need to re-gear with the titan. im thinkin maybe 84 spur n 21 pinion for the titan?

RC Champion
    The stinger is 20 turns. The Titan 12t is 12 turns. So yes, they will have different performance. The stinger should more torque and lower top speed (RPM) while the titan would be less torque, more RPM. Those gears are really high by the way. It might be OK if you're running on smooth places (pavement, asphalt, ect.) but you will want to re-gear for anything but speed runs with cooling breaks. Try at least 19/83 or so, unless your motors are cool. 130 isn't bad, so you might be on the right track but I wouldn't want the titan any hotter IMO.

The thing is you are comparing 540 to a 550. The Titan is a 12t 550 which is equivalent to a 15t 540(a very weak 15t). The Stringer is a excellent throw away motor. You're running a Bandit so you're gearing isn't going to be the same as a Rustler or Stampede. If you want a great bashing motor I recommend a 27t stocker but change the brush hoods to a standup brush type. Laydown brushes are excellent for power but b/c of the 100% overlapping the motor life decreases and the motor gets hotter faster. I'm currently running Outlaw stockers. It's a Reedy Rage type r can with a firehawk arm but using a pulsar standup endbell and have the timing up to 36. Amazing power, runtime and low heat.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    ya the 78 spur is what comes with this bandit and so does the 25 pinion. i tried to put a smaller 21tooth pinion but there isnt enough room to adjust the motor so it doesnt even touch the spur cause it is small. i think my gearing is similar to a rustlers stock cause my tires are smaller. with this gearing and my stinger it didnt even hit 100 for the temps. just over that with the titan. if i put the titan in though i will put like a 84 spur and 21 pinion.

Stock gearing the for XL-1 model(Stinger) is 78spur 25 pinion. Stock gearing for the XL-5(Titan) is 76spur 26pinion.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Champion
    thx for the input guys.