Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220

    Looking to get BACK into traxxas

    heyas you know lately ive disappeared from the forums. this is largely due to the fact that my titan 550 12t has died and my slash needs repairs. i do not have the skill to make those repairs yadda yadda yadda so i was wondering What traxxas vehicle i should get if im gonna get back into traxxas. i'd like a truck, within the 220 dollar range. i already have a slash. id like it to be 2wd and i want it to be fun! thanks
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    345
    You could take your current slash to the LHS and get the new motor installed...


    Sent from a red cased iPod touch.
    2.0, Summit, Slash (4x4), 'Pede 4x4, MERV

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    well im gonna but i wanna know what truck to get. i cant drive yet, (13) and my lhs i 1 hour away. dads a busy man lol
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Anthem Arizona
    Posts
    395
    I'd say if u wanna have fun buy a stampede or monster jam replica
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North-West Ohio
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    I'd say if u wanna have fun buy a stampede or monster jam replica
    I agree with Gecko5678.

    Or you could get a Bandit or Rustler. All depends on what you would do race stadium, race short course, bash etc...
    God is good.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    mainly just bashing. ill look into a stampede my buddy has 3 and his titan 12t never die
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    333
    I would take that $220 and buy a brushless setup for your Sl2sh, get some monster truck tires and rims for it and a body to run with the mt tires... You would be able to go from short course truck to a Monster Sl2sh in just a few easy steps. If there is any money left use it for other upgrades or more batteries. Working on these trucks really isnt that hard but I can understand how you may be intimidated by it... this forum is full of usefull info and tips and most people on here are more then willing to help out.
    No Limit RC of Maryland

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    597
    i half a** turned my slash into a monster truck (truck looked better before it sagged...), adjusted shocks, added preload, 11.1 volt lipo, hpi mudthrasher tires- its not a hard core conversion like other members on here, but it works

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aperture Laboratories
    Posts
    2,450
    I understand it being hard to fix them sometimes, but if you are looking at driving hobby-grade RC's you will need to do a few repairs along the way. It will get costly fast if you just buy a new one when something goes wrong. Don't worry though, there are tons of people in the slash forum that would gladly help you, as well as people at your LHS.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Anthem Arizona
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    I would take that $220 and buy a brushless setup for your Sl2sh, get some monster truck tires and rims for it and a body to run with the mt tires... You would be able to go from short course truck to a Monster Sl2sh in just a few easy steps. If there is any money left use it for other upgrades or more batteries. Working on these trucks really isnt that hard but I can understand how you may be intimidated by it... this forum is full of usefull info and tips and most people on here are more then willing to help out.
    Get some jumbo kong or swamp kong rims and tires and that would be AWESOME
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    @slashdigger yea i have a baja body but its hard for me to get to my lhs cuz dads schedule and other stuff but i have a buddy that id like to get to fix the tranny and then ill get a new motor. my lhs owner is rly nice and helpful and ive been thinking about a monster slash for awhile!
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,215
    Yeah don't buy a whole new truck just because yours needs repairs. Just buy the necessary reapairs and fix yours.
    But don't buy another 12t...save up and get the brushless setup. It will be extremely fast and way more fun!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko5678 View Post
    Get some jumbo kong or swamp kong rims and tires and that would be AWESOME
    Here u go lol my p2ed
    Imex jumbo kong's
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 07-31-2012 at 05:50 PM.

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Yeah don't buy a whole new truck just because yours needs repairs. Just buy the necessary reapairs and fix yours.
    But don't buy another 12t...save up and get the brushless setup. It will be extremely fast and way more fun!
    how mush can i get a vilineon motor for? will it work with an xl5 or do i need the vxl3
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mike-susieq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,901
    you would need both vxl motor and esc vxl for it to work. look in the MP sometimes they can be found for around 110 or so.
    Living life.

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    well i greased the tranny aparently i used the wrong diff. grease but whateva my bud will put the right stuff in. Box stock motor on the way. my buddy sposed to make it fast :/
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

  17. #17
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by slash2147 View Post
    well i greased the tranny aparently i used the wrong diff. grease but whateva my bud will put the right stuff in. Box stock motor on the way. my buddy sposed to make it fast :/
    I see Velinenion systems go for as little as $60 on Craigslist. Just search around and you can get a great deal.

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier guardog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    745
    +1 on VXL system. Only way to go.
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    656
    I'm glad you are fixing up your Slash and not buying a new RC car.

    You already have the skill to fix a Slash as there's no specialist skill requited to fix a basic 2WD RC car. Absolutely nothing about it is complicated, or even fiddly. Usually c-clips are a little annoying but these cars only generally use them in the shocks.

    Spend some time getting to know your Slash, everything about it is simple.

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    220
    thanx guys. i basically told my buddy that my tranny spins smoother than it did new and that basically shut him up about the grease in the diff
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •