RC poster

Slash Intermittent Power Loss to Rear Wheels

I have a Slash 4x2, about three weeks old, completely stock. With a fully charged battery, the Slash will operate at full power for about 10 seconds, then degrade to half power (with the trigger pulled all the way back on the controller). About 30 to 60 seconds later the car no longer has power to move the rear wheels. The front wheels will turn left and right, but no power to the rear wheels. If I unplug the battery and plug it back in, it will work for another few seconds, like described above. Again, I can unplug the battery and it works like described above. I purchased a second battery thinking the issue was with a bad battery, but the problem still exists. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    Keech

RC Champion
    What type of battery are you using?
    It sounds like you are using a Lipo battery and your slash is programmed for a Nimh battery. Make sure you have your slash programmed for the LVC.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Try reprogramming the transmitter the the esc...im pretty sure it says how to do it in the manual...i dont know it off the top of my head, sorry
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick replies. I'm using a Himh battery: both the new and the original. I will try to reprogram the transmitter to the ESC.

That's a weird problem. It sounds like your nimh is bad, but then the same thing happens with a new battery...

OR, your Titan is going bad. Do you have the Titan in the truck? If so, remove the motor and hold it in your hand then power up and give it some throttle to see how long it runs. If it still has the problem I'd say you need a new motor. If it keeps running, then you likely have bad batteries or some binding issue in the driveline.

Or, the transmitter batteries are dead.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    What type of battery are you using?
    It sounds like you are using a Lipo battery and your slash is programmed for a Nimh battery. Make sure you have your slash programmed for the LVC.
    Sorry I should have said sounds like your using a Nimh battery and you are programmed for the type of battery you are using....My bad..
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    If you are using a nimh battery, the light on the esc should be RED. Of you are using a lipo and the light should be GREEN. If you have it backwards (ie nimh battery with a green light) you are using the wrong battery mode. Switch the mode, and the power problems will stop.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101 View Post
    If you are using a nimh battery, the light on the esc should be RED. Of you are using a lipo and the light should be GREEN. If you have it backwards (ie nimh battery with a green light) you are using the wrong battery mode. Switch the mode, and the power problems will stop.
    Thanks CoolMan! That was exactly my issue. I had low voltage activated for LiPo but was using NiMH. Once I disabled it, the power problems went away. Thanks again!