Cool The curse of the red dirt...

This is me and my friends favortie bash'n spots at my local park, with plenty of grassy hills, softball fields (That is where the red dirt comes from) and long stretches of flat pavment/concrete. What is the weird part is no matter where I go, red dust and dirt from the softball fields, even in the grass, gets all over our rc's. Here is my "run way" This half me and my friend use to drag race our rc's, with the bump at the end being the finish line. The parking lot is full of gravel, which makes it a awsome drift area, (hence the tire tracks, lol) This is the hill we use to "launch" our cars over and down, And this gully is my favorite spot to bash at!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Where most of the red dirt and dust comes from is here. And here, And here. The tire tracks prove how much fun we have! After about 3 tanks of fuel later, this is the result even after spraying and drying with simple green. It's like the dirt fuzes with the metal, it just doesn't come off! IT doesn't even come off of the tires! Or the body.

After I drove 3 tanks in the dirt, the bearings got really gritty, so I took them ALL out from every part of my truck and cleaned/re-lubed them. The dirt even got into the diffs, and my SEALED transmisson! I got kind of "lost in the moment" and I ended up doing a complete tear down. What is left on the frame. Here is all of the newly cleaned front parts... And all of the newly cleaned rear parts. Moral of the story is DON"T GET CARRED AWAY WHEN CLEANING! Man, I sure had fun getting it dirty though... LOL

RC Champion
    Half the fun is building and wrenching on them learning to make them faster and stronger. The other half is running them.

RC Champion
    the trick is lots of soaking in soapy water (simple green, tide, or dawn) and a bit of elbow grease.

clay is r gewd

Vintage TRX collector|Florida Dirt Oval racer

RC Competitor
    Must be nice for electrics to be able to hose their rc trucks off. haha
    T-Maxx 3.3 #4907
    NEA-RC Club

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxxaM View Post
    Must be nice for electrics to be able to hose their rc trucks off. haha
    Haha yeah, but I hose my nitro off

Very carefully
    Matthew 7:7

Yeah I know the feeling there... The track I race at has a lot of Georgia red Clay as well as some other things to it they add to make the surfaces the way they want to...

All's I can say is, keep you windows closed on your 1:1 car,,,, or you will be cleaning out the red/orange dust and dirt out for weeks.... It get's everywhere....

At least at an RC track they wet down the track to keep the dust and silt down.... Still, I've learned to watch the wind direction and park up wind if I can..
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    red clay red clay red clay.frozen ocean auburn ny, 2010, may the 5th. red clay from the carolinas makes up a 9th of a mile kart track. i finished 5th last night in that wreckfest. the thing ill always remember is HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO CLEAN THAT KART UP at home.
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21