RC Champion

Really want to get INTO racing

I just can't decide if I should put the money into my revo or buy an inferno or some truggy like that what do yall that race think?
    I really love my revo I just don't know if there are enough classes for them

RC Qualifier
    You could probably race the revo in a 1/8 truggy class, I would give it a try with 17mm truggy tires. What all do you plan to do to prep the revo?
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Whatever I fell it needs I guess I mean i can't just dump the money into it at once but it will be cumulative

I've been racing RC's since 2004... Pretty much the RC offroad racing scene has changed over the past couple of years... One thing that hasn't is the popularity of 1/8th scaled Buggies. They get the largest crowd and following, seems it still does...

I'd say you should check out your local track first.

What Here's the pecking order by popularity as I see it where I race.
    1. Nitro 1/8th buggy
    2. 1/8th Nitro truggy
    3. 1.10th scaled nitro short coarse trucks
    4. 1/10th scaled electric short coarse trucks

They will allow a different class if there are enough showing up at the track, but here. Monster truck offroad racing has died....

I've raced my TMAXX against 1/8th scaled truggies.... It's not a very fair race when they are BB's

I'd check the local track, ours will allow another class of RC's to race as long as 5 or more show up... Otherwise they get stuck with other class's of RC's
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Ok well I think I might wait until next year to get a troughs since I'm pretty new to nitro and rc in general I lean fast but I like to be kinda a knowitall before I upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Ok well I think I might wait until next year to get a troughs since I'm pretty new to nitro and rc in general I lean fast but I like to be kinda a knowitall before I upgrade
    Then you will never make it to the track..... It's a whole different learning experience... At least for me it was... But most the guys on practice night are very helpful and you will gain from the experience... Don't hold off, just go and have a good time!!!!!!
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    hey nitronaught, how do you figure nitro 1/10 short course is #3 on that list? there is only one big name brand manufacture that has recently came out with a nitro shortcourse truck that i know of. Is there any others?
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Then you will never make it to the track..... It's a whole different learning experience... At least for me it was... But most the guys on practice night are very helpful and you will gain from the experience... Don't hold off, just go and have a good time!!!!!!
    I ment too put next year I will look into getting a truggy I'm going to race my revo in whatever class I can till then

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101 View Post
    hey nitronaught, how do you figure nitro 1/10 short course is #3 on that list? there is only one big name brand manufacture that has recently came out with a nitro shortcourse truck that i know of. Is there any others?
    I base that on what classes the race tracks in out state (Florida) are mainly running..... But this is mainly outdoor tracks... Short course Electrics are becoming more popular.. Mind you I race strictly outdoors.
    All Lives Matter