Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC poster

The First Ever, Traxxas Slash 4x4 With Dual Motors

This is the first ever, Traxxas Slash 4x4 with dual velineon systems. This is an engineering marvel. Everything is custom. The motor mount is all custom T6061 Aluminum. You can see a Video on it here: VIDEO LINK REMOVED. The car was created and thought of by Sean Ericson and Designed and Engineered by me, Andrew Vandusseldorp. I also have a Youtube channel that is established but my dream is to make it to be one of those big youtubers such as URC, rcnightmare, leprecaun79, squirrelod, and the many others out there. Please guys, help us become that. Only you, the fans can. Also photos of the slash 4x4 with dual motors can be seen here: http://s1157.photobucket.com/albums/...VanDusseldorp/. Thanks so much guys!!! I really really appreciate it.

The link to the video has been removed. Obscene gestures/language are strictly prohibited as per the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up on this forum. Even though the language is bleeped out, the obscene gesture alone is against the rules here.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2012 at 06:58 PM.

RC Champion
    is this yours?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by xx12andrew21xx View Post
    This is the first ever, Traxxas Slash 4x4 with dual velineon systems. This is an engineering marvel. Everything is custom. The motor mount is all custom T6061 Aluminum. You can see a Video on it here: VIDEO LINK REMOVED. The car was created and thought of by Sean Ericson and Designed and Engineered by me, Andrew Vandusseldorp. I also have a Youtube channel that is established but my dream is to make it to be one of those big youtubers such as URC, rcnightmare, leprecaun79, squirrelod, and the many others out there. Please guys, help us become that. Only you, the fans can. Also photos of the slash 4x4 with dual motors can be seen here: http://s1157.photobucket.com/albums/...VanDusseldorp/. Thanks so much guys!!! I really really appreciate it.

The link to the video has been removed. Obscene gestures/language are strictly prohibited as per the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up on this forum. Even though the language is bleeped out, the obscene gesture alone is against the rules here.

You should have cut the video before the . . . of your hi class chummy.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: modified quote and removed reference to prohibited obscene content

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    nice idea.... imature spokesperson..... +1 on cutting the . . .
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Removed reference to prohibited obscene content

RC Champion
    I'd cut the . . . and the nooby comment and get some running vid along with a break down on your build. I would still take a tekin or castle over dual velineons. Nice way to think outside the box and build it...
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Removed reference to prohibited obscene content
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    Why is everyone hating on me? Im not a imature spokesperson? I was a . . . idea. Everyone chill out..

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.

RC Champion
    No one is hating on you. Traxxas rules state that no profanity is allowed in post's or video.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    ok, jsut throw the profanity aside, what he has done is actually pretty sweet. That must have gobs of power.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Qualifier
    Well lets stop bickering. LET'S SEE IT RUN !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    Well lets stop bickering. LET'S SEE IT RUN !!!!

Can we get an Amen!!! I want to see the motor mount...

When are you going to make a video of it raining? I can't wait to see it. It will probly have plenty of power when are you going to make a video of it raining? I can't wait to see it. It will probly have plenty of power and run cool!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    is this yours?
    yes, it is mine. Not a stolen idea or video.

RC poster

Sorry Everyone for the Vulgar language in my video. Here is an updated video with it trimmed out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZIO...=youtube_gdata

RC poster
    Here it is guys! Test #1 of this mad torque quenching beast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwPU...=youtube_gdata

RC Champion
    Can we see what your motor plate looks like? Did you design it and have it machined?

RC Qualifier
    I might have to build one, I like it

RC Racer
    how about you swap out the escs and motors for dual sct mmp 2400kv, talk about crazy torque. Nice original idea.

RC poster
    yeah great idea for the MMP duals but I do not have money to buy two new $220 systems

RC Qualifier
    that is a cool idea and a neat truck chassis reminds me of an emaxx the way you cut it out but props to you my freind cool truck

RC Qualifier
    throw two 3S on that and really unleash the beast in it , should make a vid close up of the system and what gearing u running
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    Can we see what your motor plate looks like? Did you design it and have it machined?
    It looks like a stock mount with a cut up maxx or erevo dual motor plate screwed on.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
    It looks like a stock mount with a cut up maxx or erevo dual motor plate screwed on.
    nope custom mount. Will post photos later

RC Qualifier
    Its later. Pics?

RC Champion
    Good idea. Poor execution.

I would personally like to see more videos of the truck running! It is a great idea! My two trucks both have 2400 systems in them, I would love to hook them up together on one truck
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    Its later. Pics?
    x2! I'm still waiting to see this "custom" mount. After watching the video again, I still have my doubts.

RC Qualifier
    have you clocked it yet? i wanna see how fast its goin haha
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Champion
    not the first twin slash 4wd and as for speed the car breaks up on a single high power setup.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC poster
    How is it poor execution. I don't see you doing it.

RC poster
    it is the 1st. This was made a long time ago. Finally being made public.

RC poster
    The mount is a machined copy of the E-maxx dual motor plate. We just used the plate design for the motor spacing. Everything else is custom dimensions and everything.

RC Qualifier
    Why not post more vids and some speed runs? Maybe a vid closeup of the motors spinning together? If it were me I'd be showing it off if i had done that...

RC Champion
    How is it poor execution. I don't see you doing it.
    It just doesn't look good. It looks like a 12 year old did it. Zip ties through the bottom? Come on. You have to do better than that. As I said before... it's a good idea but it looks like crap.

RC Qualifier
    With the stock tires this mod is useless though. I have traction problems with 1 motor and a 1 2c lipo on the stock tires.
    Get some good tires on it and do some more vids of it running please!

And more pics to!

RC Qualifier
    ok im going to say you took an emaxx mount (well because its still blue ) and screwed it to the stock motor mount now that just what i see, so how does it run ?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    It just doesn't look good. It looks like a 12 year old did it. Zip ties through the bottom? Come on. You have to do better than that. As I said before... it's a good idea but it looks like crap.
    Do it better than. This was all done in 24 hours. It was the first model. Don't judge if you don't know.

RC Champion
    Do it better than. This was all done in 24 hours. It was the first model. Don't judge if you don't know.
    Why the rush? Anyway... there is no reason for me to build one, but if I were to build one, I'd mount the 2nd ESC where the RX is now, move the RX to the front, and mount the second motor where you did (on a plate that was all one color).

Cool project!
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    no pics yet

RC Champion
    Dude, this project is awesome. This is a fantastic idea and from what we all can plainly see in the video it also seems to WORK fantastic. Zip ties? So what?? This truck flies and I love it.
    Keep up the great work, xx12andrewxx12!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast