Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    sorry the stock motor in the rustler vxl is 3500 not 3700 which im sure you guys know anyway just trying to figure out what difference i would see

The 5700 will be faster than the 3500. 3S is a little wild for it tho because it will push up the rpm a bit high. The 2400 is a different league, much more torque than the 1406 series motors. I have it in my Bandit and if you are not doing speed runs, it is kinda useless. Even on 3S it is insane fast. I did 80mph with it, without too much hassle.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    ok so what top speed what i get with the 5700 kv?? i was thinking about getting the 2400kv because i know its more poowerful and from what i understand if i gear it higher i can make it go alot faster in top speed than the 5700 kv and i know if i run the 2400kv on 3s i can keep the motor alot cooler and run faster speeds alot longer than i owuld be able to with the 5700 because it gets hot to fast am i right or no??

i might end up getting both just to see what the difference between the two would be

RC Competitor
    why do you say the 2400kv would be useless if its not for speed runs thanks for helping me

RC Racer
    Here is the more correct answer LOL
    The 2200 will give the highest top speed if you are willing to do the modifications ( al. trans case)
    NOTHING beats a 7700 on 4S, yes I said 4S
    Closest 5700 on 5S\
    Yes, I know that you are out of warranty; but that is how you go fastest in a rustler in that order.

To be fair, and somewhat complete; don't worry too much about torque b/c if you're drag racing, or doing speed runs
    at 300 ft. Chances are you are going to have to use your torque limiters to lessen your torque so that you can get
    off of the line. Use foams, unless you're ready to upgrade to GRP 8th scales, but even at that, depending on your surface, try Xo-1 rears and alpha tires in front, or alpha's all around. Despite how much I love the GRP's, they have a tendency to
    be prone to rim cracking. Hope this helps.

p.s. To asnwer your question, for 3s, use the 5700 and the 31/76 (though hotbodies has a nice 72T) Just remember to make the mods to keep it on the ground. Remember, 80mph and up will cause the natural set up to flip.

7700 on 4S. That is nonsense. You'd make more than 100K rpm. No motor will survive that.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    I doubt he'll pull all the 120000rpm(with the tires on the ground) but yeah that's a little over. The 3800 on 6s = 95000 (no load)rpm out of the 100000 max rpm IMO go with the 1410 then volt up and gear up.

I just ordered a couple 3s batteries to power my viper 4600 in my rusty. I have the same setup on my Sl2sh and works well.

I've been using 4600kv in my rustlers and slashes for years.

Sent from my rotary desk phone.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    did anybody notice the difference instantly in torque and speed when they took out there velineon engine and put in a 5700 kv castle motor??

RC Racer
    Call or email castle: ask for Joe or Thomas; better yet; go to the Ihobby expo this year and talk to them. 77K 4S app is what most drag racers use; initially it was the 5700 on 5S Case's orignal set up in the Ntc3 builds from yester year. Please understand that these are one pass set ups/ 30 min b/t. All you have to do is try it; the motors can take it; especially the newer 4 poles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12