Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

Back to school!!!

I know there are quite a few teenagers like myself on these forums... so what grade is everyone going into? Anyone have any cool classes? I have Engineering & Design as well as Automotive Technology 3. I'm hoping the engineering course will help me in making better RC parts. As for auto tech, I plan on bringing the RC in again this year to show off. Hopefully the ESC doesn't go up in a cloud of smoke like it did last time I ran it at school.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

I'm taking small engine's class, and yes, a nitro RC engine counts as a small engine. I took small engines orignally to work on my riding lawnmower, (blown head gasket, it what happens when you run rc nitro through it ) because any part I order through the school, I get 50% of ANY part. And because it counts for rc nitro engines, a new piston and sleeve for my TRX 3.3 is only $30!!! A new engine for it $60! The part that sucks is the class cost $50 just to enter. I'm only in 10th grade (Softmore) but I'm enjoying High school alot so far. I can't wait untill next semester to take small engines class!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    well, im going into the 9th grade (freshmen), i took a welding class so i could try to make a custom metal bumpers and wing, along with custom forks to build a four wheeled bike, and a tricycle with two wheels up front, using mountain bike forks so when i turn on it one wheel wont come up because of the shocks on the front sheels i will creat a e-revo topic once i build the bumpers and wing for the e-revo, and a alley topic for the two bikes
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    I'll be a 4th year college student this fall. I'm studying Mechanical Engineering Technology. I'm about 2 years into the MET and I have 2 years of Computer System Engineering Technology focusing on Embedded Systems done. Finally moving off campus too! That means my guns will be easily accessible, not just when campus safety gets around to it.

I'll be taking classes such as physics and strengths of materials. Dont remember the other 3 I'm taking.

I start back up sept 24.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Nice! Glad to hear other schools still have technical programs like that. My high school is the only one in the state that offers any kind of hands-on tech class and I thought they were dying out all across the country. Adults always talk about "metal shop" and "wood shop" and all kinds of classes like that but these days they have almost nothing. I think our automotive program is being cut after the 2013-14 school year so I'll be the last class through that program. I'm almost OK with it because it will mean less people in that field and more work for me. Cars have also come such a long way in the past 10 years or so, it's just not possible for a high school to teach all of the new computer stuff on newer cars and trucks.

RC Qualifier
    I am going to 9th and Here doesn't exist technical programs and i am the only one in my school who have a hobby grade rc Truck
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    I'm going into 11th and am doing a prototyping and energy systems and i am going to do a senior research project including rc cars(hopefully). i ran rc cars with someone at school before
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

i am the only one in my school who have a hobby grade rc Truck
    Same here, except for my friend, but he's getting out of the hobby...
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Dang u guys are lucky getting to do engineering classes. And I'm goin into 7th grade btw
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Qualifier
    going into 9 grade at a vo-tech school. i want to do autobody. My trial class's are autobody, automechanics, pre engineering, and cooking.( u had to pick a girl class and it was ether cooking or sewing lol)

RC Qualifier
    going into 9th grade! i'm taking metals so i can weld up a snow plow so i can get paid to sit and plow the driveway! i would be taking woodshop but you can only take one or the other so no woodshop for me!
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    Going Into 10th Grade.
    I am Taking CAD II Honors, I took CAD I Last year and was the top of the class .
    Other then that-
    Chem Lab Honors
    World Lit Honors
    Algebra 2 Honors
    Us History
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Enthusiast
    I'm homeschooled; going into my 10th grade year in a few weeks. Out of all the things I'm taking, I'm looking forward to geometry and world history the most.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Competitor
    I'm going into my Freshmen year and I'm also homeschooled. My favorite classes out of them all has to be History and Biology. I wish I could take a class that had to do with my RC car! Haha.
    3 Slash VXLs
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro T-Maxx

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo97 View Post
    I wish I could take a class that had to do with my RC car! Haha.
    Now that is a course I could easily get an A on.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Qualifier
    I don't have engineering classes, but I can make a project and learn from them.

My two favorites projects, are:

My water cooling system

And

My remote start system

Isn't hard to make, but I learn something doing those type of projects

If you have questions about those projects, let me know
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    going into 12th grade(might be my last and no i havent failed that bad to be held back a year lol)

taking all the mandatories
    highlights are
    -pre apprentice ship in machining part 1 will hopefully be making a rustler chassis and some rwd parts
    (got highest mark in grade eleven machining)
    and we have all the machines now and programs
    -then computer science i think
    -gas and heating

and at the end of school i should have my red seal in h-vac(heating cooling and electrical) and a certificate in machining
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    Started 11th grade this year, my school doesn't have any technical programs which is a real bummer... You would think the #1 public high school in North Carolina would have that... But any way! Classes are us history honors ap English precal honors and speed and agility. So far, only gotten to run the rusty once since school started :/

RC Champion
    should have posted this before but if you check this out (http://academics.tjhsst.edu/labs_list.html ) this is something everyone has to do senior year in high school and 2 projects so far have been student designed satellites that are in space I hope to do something with a hydrogen powered rc car posibly based off an XO-1 and i am doing all honors becasue we dont have non honors courses at our school except PE Orchestra etc. i am doing AP AB calc APUSH orch German 3. so i go to TJHSST ( or The thomas jefferson Highschool for science and technology) 2nd best school now because the 2010 year slacked off back to school on tuesday. summer went by too fast.
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

LOL I'm going into grade 8 so the only good class is design and tech. I wish I was in highschool
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    im a freshman! and im sending my esc in for a new one
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    Man! I wish I was still in high school. Those where the days I had a life out side of homework and didn't have to work for my 4.0GPA. Now I'm in the low 3s for my GPA and working my butt off.

RC Champion
    I'm with you Deerhurst. Wish I was back in High school. I'm going into my 4th year of earning my Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. I'm enrolled in Rapid Prototyping and Reverse Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics, Energy Storage Conversion and Transportation, and lastly Principles of Marketing. Hopefully I can find a well paying job right after this year. Good luck to you all in your education! Don't slack off one bit. I learned the hard way my 1st 2 semesters! And now trying to get my GPA above a 3.0. Learn from my mistakes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Competitor
    Grade 11

Economics
    Intro to Business
    Algebra 2
    Chemistry
    Speech
    Spanish 2
    AP US History
    Network Design

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by trevdclear View Post
    going into 9 grade at a vo-tech school. i want to do autobody. My trial class's are autobody, automechanics, pre engineering, and cooking.( u had to pick a girl class and it was ether cooking or sewing lol)
    lol i took ceramics last year. first month was awkward but after that it was so fun like luaght your but off fun(most the terms to do with clay lol like pound it, make it nice and wet and handle pulling all clay terms) plus you had quight a bit of comeadiens there . hey i wasen the only guy there

but i have run my mustang at school like 5 or 6 times and took my big summit twice and the pede twice lol all fun
    i have to luagh i was driving my mustang down the halls and the janitor come out and says(like in how an adult would talk to a kid) and says that i could seriously hurt some body and that i would be in trouble
    like i was just drifting and you cant go that fast becuase its like ice with eny tire on the floors(im not going to admit it but yes i did go full speed down the hall 30mph but still full speed into the side of the foot dosent hurt)

but you us guys i dont understand all the gpa epa and pionts

tuesday tuesday tuesday

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    lol i took ceramics last year.
    I took ceramics last year too. It was pretty dumb at first but once I decided to stop taking the class seriously, it became much more fun. I had no talent at all so I would get frustrated trying to make something nice... then I just gave up and went back to the kindergarten days pretending the clay was play-dough and just messing with stuff. The teacher didn't care because she is the same teacher I had photography with in the previous semester and I did really well in that class.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXnewbie21 View Post
    I'm with you Deerhurst. Wish I was back in High school. I'm going into my 4th year of earning my Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. I'm enrolled in Rapid Prototyping and Reverse Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics, Energy Storage Conversion and Transportation, and lastly Principles of Marketing. Hopefully I can find a well paying job right after this year. Good luck to you all in your education! Don't slack off one bit. I learned the hard way my 1st 2 semesters! And now trying to get my GPA above a 3.0. Learn from my mistakes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    im already there. going onto my 4th year too, im technically a sophomore in CSET and a sophomore in MET. one more year an i should be done with MET and have an associates in software engineering.

lol i took ceramics last year. first month was awkward but after that it was so fun like luaght your but off fun(most the terms to do with clay lol like pound it, make it nice and wet and handle pulling all clay terms) plus you had quight a bit of comeadiens there . hey i wasen the only guy there

but i have run my mustang at school like 5 or 6 times and took my big summit twice and the pede twice lol all fun
    i have to luagh i was driving my mustang down the halls and the janitor come out and says(like in how an adult would talk to a kid) and says that i could seriously hurt some body and that i would be in trouble
    like i was just drifting and you cant go that fast becuase its like ice with eny tire on the floors(im not going to admit it but yes i did go full speed down the hall 30mph but still full speed into the side of the foot dosent hurt)

tuesday tuesday tuesday
    4.0 GPA is basically all As
    3.0 is basically all Bs
    Ect...

at my college they kinda frown upon the brushless summit and brushless revo being run indoors. lol. nothing like a 60mph monster truck bouncing off the walls.

one of the clubs im president of, the RC club, got permission to do indoor racing in the college union in the winter!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    at my college they kinda frown upon the brushless summit and brushless revo being run indoors. lol. nothing like a 60mph monster truck bouncing off the walls.
    lol summit is stock but it goes fast enought specialy with its size indoors

pede is basically slow but its my mustange that the fast one. it has hit a door frame at full tilt (30mph) showing off . it decided to go into a drift then smack rear end

ahh fun times

i cant wait till machine shop . so i can start making a rustler chassis or other rc parts lol

deerhurst
    does you college have polished /waxed concrete floors?

RC Qualifier
    We have carpeted and tiled floors. Only concrete floors in the shop.

RC Qualifier

tuesday tuesday tuesday
    lol sounds fun. now your giving me ideas. of course the janitor would be the one to say something lol. i would of did donuts in the hall infront of janitor lol.

RC Qualifier
    My school isn't the greatest. The most we have is wood shop or auto cad.. I was taking shop but, if you wernt a jock then the teacher didn't like you at all. So after that I never went back. And that was 8th grade year. This year I am a sophomore (10th) grade. And I am taking the following
    Computer literacy 2
    American history
    Spanish 2
    Algebra 1
    Biology 1
    Englsh

I have one friend in school who has a really old school pede. His is where the esc is above the battery and the receiver is in front of the battery, and it's brushed with the yellow xl-5 esc with am radio so it's not the fastest.

I have been to the school parking lot with our VXL rusty on 3S with 31/72 gearing and my dads t maxx. There was nobody around though... Still had a fun thine though.
    God is good.

RC Competitor
    I'm in my first year of college. Going to Nuclear Power Engineering. I'm taking CAD II this semester, english, math, and PSYC. (: I've been into R/c sense my dad bought me a Mini LST years and years ago lol

RC Qualifier
    Any one else?
    God is good.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetMaster_97 View Post
    I'm homeschooled; going into my 10th grade year in a few weeks. Out of all the things I'm taking, I'm looking forward to geometry and world history the most.
    I was homeschooled also man.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    so how is everybody at school now?

RC Qualifier
    so how is everybody at school now?
    ehh..sucks.. but gotta do it..
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    ehh..sucks.. but gotta do it..
    +1
    We had a half day on are firstday of school and it felt like the longest day of school ever!

RC Qualifier
    we had a full day and it just dragged on and on...
    God is good.

Arrow

I just started my fourth year in college for a bacholers degree in construction managment. Im working full time and going to school full time so I hardly ever have time to drive my RCS anymore at all.
    But I am taking a 3d modeling/ building information modeling class and I have been playing around with designing some parts for my slash but nothing to serious yet. I also am taking
    Estimating
    Mangement Principles
    Management and Labor Relations
    Human Resorces Mangement
    and a Geology Lab
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Qualifier
    thatsmrjptou: sounds like you've been very busy past couple of years.
    God is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast