RC poster

Converting stock 2.5 to 3.3

Hey everyone I have a 2.5 mostly stock. The only upgrades I have are servos, and a roll cage. I was just wondering what I would need to buy to install the TRX 3.3 engine on my T-maxx. I don't want to do the full conversion like the chassis and everything, just the engine. I will be install the FOC son as well and was wondering if that would conflict with anything. Also just tunedit up, and its running stronger then ever! Still can't wheelie though.

Thanks

RC Competitor
    Takes same mount, i would consider upgrading to new high flow filter that attaches to tranny, resonator pipe, and gray tranny. All can be found on ebay at good prices. But as far as just getting you going now.... nothing really. Put it in and go.

A 3.3, & 3.3 pipe & air filter.

You black 4910 trany will work fine, no need to change it out, definitely put all 12 friction pegs int the spur though.

I would recommend the FOC though, it's a great upgrade.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC poster
    Plan on upgrading the drive shafts, even the 2.5 shafts are not strong enough. I have ripped all of my .15 shafts out, replaced with 2.5 shafts and already broke 2 of them in the course of 2 tanks. The stock air filter that comes with the engine is ok, but I would get a bigger one as the stock is very restrictive. As for your exhaust the stock resonator (metal one) works great, stay away from the cheap, short plastic one. i just got the metal one yesterday and it made a total difference. As for upgrading the suspension you can do it cheaply without replacing the chassis. The stock bearing carriers/drive shafts will work with the new a-arms. The only bennie I have seen to upgrading to the new A-Arms is roughly an inch more of ground clearence.

RC poster
    Hi. I'm sorry to encroach on your thread. I'm a newbie to both RC and forums. I just got a model 7202 for my son's birthday and it won't move. I've read the manual and it seems that the slipper clutch might not be adjusted, but before I tear into something that I know nothing about, I wanted to get some expert advice from you guys. It's right out of the box and I would think that Traxxas would have already adjusted things like that. Help?

RC Qualifier
    i'm doing the 2.5 to 3.3 upgrade now i just installed the motor on the truck and drove it no problems. then i did the foc, added the upgraded slipper clutch next the resonator and i installed 17 mm wheel adapters truck with dirt bones tires this thing has a ton of power. i just installed the steel drive shafts and the stock 3.3 cvds with the 3.3 axle carriers and i picked up a set of proline badlands i will be going to the grey tranny next guess i'll have a short version of a 3.3
    how many rc trucks does one person need lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmurdock View Post
    Hi. I'm sorry to encroach on your thread. I'm a newbie to both RC and forums. I just got a model 7202 for my son's birthday and it won't move. I've read the manual and it seems that the slipper clutch might not be adjusted, but before I tear into something that I know nothing about, I wanted to get some expert advice from you guys. It's right out of the box and I would think that Traxxas would have already adjusted things like that. Help?
    i would start a new thread and explain whats going on there is alot of good help on the forum and i'm sure you will get lots of help good luck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmurdock View Post
    I dont have much experience with electrics but I believe the 7202
    is based on the 1/16 Slash/ Revo platform and there is a Slash/Revo forum here:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/forumdispl...-Slash-VXL-4WD
    They could probably offer good advice.

In the meantime, try this.
    http://traxxas.com/support/How-Adjust-Slipper-Clutch
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    is the grey tranny a direct boltin on a 4910 maxx? or is there a mod that needs to be done? the tranny is off a 4907

RC Competitor
    Same bolt pattern for the trannys..... sorta. The gray actually has one less screw to use, so yes should bolt right in.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrane77 View Post
    Same bolt pattern for the trannys..... sorta. The gray actually has one less screw to use, so yes should bolt right in.
    ok thanks plan on waiting till i have a problem that grub screw usually breaks so maybe when it goes out again

RC Qualifier
    Drop it in!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    @TMurdock I had the same problem with my TMaxx. I was Trying to follow the break in instructions exactly but it wouldn't move until half throttle. Tightened up the slipper a little and it worked fine. I started with a quarter turn of the nut and wound up working well at 1/2 turn.
    Desmosedici RR