Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

As many of you may know I have been running Proline StreetFighters. I always wear them out fast. These have lasted me longer than any other set. First picture is from January 11th, last is from yesterday. It has gotten to the point where it is not as much fun to drive the truck due to the lack of traction. They did OK but I still prefer the Duratrax Bandito's. Good thing I got a new set!
    Last edited by El Sob; 04-16-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstx View Post
    Meant for On-road.

I must say though that i have a blast with them on grass, high speed off road drifting!

RC Qualifier
    El Sob, Will the Banditos fit on a split six beadloc?
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by ImprovEverywherE View Post
    El Sob, Will the Banditos fit on a split six beadloc?

I decided it would be good to show you that they fit. They do quite well on the Split Six beadlocks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Your inbox is full mr el sob .
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Had my first run with the new Bandito's! I love their performance! The way they hold the road, the control they have is just leaps and bounds ahead of the Proline StreetFighters. I drove them really aggressively and I couldn't get them to break traction and you really cannot see any wear on them. I am in love again

RC Qualifier
    Well a lot of short course trucks including mine spend a lot of time on roads
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

I ran this truck into the ground today! I ran three 3s 5000mah lipos through her today! The more I ran her the more I wanted to keep going! The performance is even better! Doing wheelies until it flipped on its roof! Just amazing performance!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I ran this truck into the ground today! I ran three 3s 5000mah lipos through her today! The more I ran her the more I wanted to keep going! The performance is even better! Doing wheelies until it flipped on its roof! Just amazing performance!
    Only if I could quit breaking stuff of my bike then maybe I would have the money to get a set....
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    El Sob - The Bandito's and the Dodge RAM body are a sweet looking combo! I'm still waiting to get some runs on my set. When i have free time, it's wet; when I'm tied up with something, the weather is gorgeous!

Forgive the off-topic question, but I'm looking for a fan unit for my stock Velineon and was wondering if the one pictured here would work. If so, could you provide a source?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! You've been a great help many times over.

You and everyone else on the forum are welcome! I consider this a family and the forum is a home away from home. The fan setup is an Integy dual fan heatsink. I bought it from my lhs. Here is a link for you.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190921978729?lpid=82

I took my truck out today and I beat her like she stole something. It was windy out so she flipped over a couple times. I am still extremely impressed by the way she handles. The Banditos are still performing amazingly. I am extremely happy with it

RC Qualifier
    They don't sell the tires unmounted right? Searched eBay but no luck. All have 2.8 wheels mounted

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

They sell the tires unmounted. that is what I Currently Have On My Truck now. I like tires unmounted, that way you can tape the inside of them so they won't balloon.

RC Champion
    Do you balance them?
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Racer
    Those tires look so good I will have to get my hands on some soon I use the stock ones for street running right now

RC poster
    Just put 4 on the grandson's 4x4 slash and the bite is unreal. He has trouble turning that thing without it turning over. He had the robbers on before and it is like day and night. Will have to change things around on it, just to be able to make it go around corners.
    Awesome looks and awesome tire.

Quote Originally Posted by elebouef102 View Post
    Just put 4 on the grandson's 4x4 slash and the bite is unreal. He has trouble turning that thing without it turning over. He had the robbers on before and it is like day and night. Will have to change things around on it, just to be able to make it go around corners.
    Awesome looks and awesome tire.
    I am happy you are enjoying your tires! I have been running mine like mad! At the moment I have three 3s lipos and I have about thirty packs on the tires. They are showing wear but not bad.

RC poster
    I have a set of these tires for my slash too.
    Tried them in a bit of snow a few months ago and the thing wouldn't go anywhere lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
    I have a set of these tires for my slash too.
    Tried them in a bit of snow a few months ago and the thing wouldn't go anywhere lol
    They don't have a tread pattern so they can get traction in snow. You probably had fun sliding it around in the snow.
    Ran my truck yesterday in a roughly paved parking lot. You can see a little more wear on the tires. I think I will look for a smoother place to run.

Ok so I had two tires that survived the uneven tire wear problem that I had. They were good and bald until I got that SMC lipo! They are now shredded and destroyed! The other two are quite bald but I will keep them for spares. So it's time for a new set of Bandito's

Nothing like a fresh set of tires, unless you want to slide in the dirt... Then old and bald is fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Eh El Sob, the split six wheels you got are 12mm hex, 2.2/3.0 ? I was looking to find 17mm ones but all the wheels with 17mm are fixed wheels, just curious as the lock up MT I ordered, would like to eventually put them on real beadlocks, but also at the same time make use of my 17mm MIP adapters. i thought of another membres maximiser 3.2 also, looks like now I have some options....

I just fear that the 12mm that came with the x duty will round off my next set of wheels. Another option is to go with rc4wd like you and bash...., but that will an option in the next summer budget...i have blown my monthly budget again three fold...ehehehhe
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Well after reading all 5 pages you talked me into a set. Anybody know of a link to a good video for tire taping 101? I watched one for gluing and mounting, but I couldn't find one for taping. This will be my first try and would like to watch someone else do it first. Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Eh El Sob, the split six wheels you got are 12mm hex, 2.2/3.0 ? I was looking to find 17mm ones but all the wheels with 17mm are fixed wheels, just curious as the lock up MT I ordered, would like to eventually put them on real beadlocks, but also at the same time make use of my 17mm MIP adapters. i thought of another membres maximiser 3.2 also, looks like now I have some options....

I just fear that the 12mm that came with the x duty will round off my next set of wheels. Another option is to go with rc4wd like you and bash...., but that will an option in the next summer budget...i have blown my monthly budget again three fold...ehehehhe
    If I had to use plastic wheels, I would glue Mt Mip hex in the wheel before they had a chance to strip. That way they would be reinforced from the beginning.
    Squeegie, I love getting new tires. I always have to change my driving style. I beat on old tires hard. I want new tires to last so I am once to them ( at first )
    Olyguy I will look for you. It's not too bad of a job. I didn't tape my new set though.

Most videos are about the same. Most differences are with the type of tale... duct or Gorilla.
    I liked these videos back when I was learning about it:

Part 1

and Part 2

RC Racer
    Thanks for posting those for me. It is much easier to do than I thought it was going to be.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a question about Duratrax tires in general. I am not a fan of colored "letters" on tires. Not even on 1:1 cars and trucks. I do like the tread pattern of those Banditos though. Would there be a way to maybe rub the letters off with maybe paint thinner or something? Something that won't hurt the rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    I have a question about Duratrax tires in general. I am not a fan of colored "letters" on tires. Not even on 1:1 cars and trucks. I do like the tread pattern of those Banditos though. Would there be a way to maybe rub the letters off with maybe paint thinner or something? Something that won't hurt the rubber?
    I am a BIG fan of letter wall tires! I have had lots of muscle cars and I love the look �� That being said, I'm sure it would be very easy to remove the letters.

Here is an update on how my Bandito's are doing! I have around twenty-five packs on them and they are doing well. Showing some wear but my bash spot has very coarse asphalt.

RC Racer
    I have to concur on the Proline SFs. I won't get the tire life I was hoping for on the SFs. I envision a set of Banditos in my near future without a doubt.

General question: What is the recommended technique to de-mount glued tires? With nail polish remover get the job done? I read the one weakness of super glue is acetone, which can be found in most nail polish removers.

Quote Originally Posted by fresnobuell View Post
    I have to concur on the Proline SFs. I won't get the tire life I was hoping for on the SFs. I envision a set of Banditos in my near future without a doubt.

General question: What is the recommended technique to de-mount glued tires? With nail polish remover get the job done? I read the one weakness of super glue is acetone, which can be found in most nail polish removers.
    To be honest, I usually cut mine off. It is not the best method. It has worked for me.

The nail polisher does contain aceton and will do the job but is a very samml qauntity, not enough to saok your tires and more expensive , go figure; At the harware store you will get a gallon of aceton, for a much reasonable prive and will do the job; I personally have not tried but will eventually to get mu mashers off the desperado wheels.
    Boiling them also will do the truck, but I heard it too will stink up the room and if your wife or mum do not mind having you use the cooking utensils then good on you...go a head and boils them.
    Live life to the fullest

Proline StreetFighters do not have the best performance or a long life. I will give it to them, they were the first street S.C. tire. That is all I will give them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    The nail polisher does contain aceton and will do the job but is a very samml qauntity, not enough to saok your tires and more expensive , go figure; At the harware store you will get a gallon of aceton, for a much reasonable prive and will do the job; I personally have not tried but will eventually to get mu mashers off the desperado wheels.
    Boiling them also will do the truck, but I heard it too will stink up the room and if your wife or mum do not mind having you use the cooking utensils then good on you...go a head and boils them.

I was thinking about the getting a cue-tip or some other instrument and going after the bead with the nail polish remover. Perhaps with it directed at the bead and some pressure I could get the tire loose? That was my thought. No way could I get away with boiling or baking these things in the kitchen. I can imagine how awful the smell would be.

How I cut them off is by using an extremely sharp razor blade. I cut the big part of the tire off first. Then I utilize 5 he extreme sharpness of the blade to remove the tire out the groove.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Boiling really leaves no bad smell. If you have a grill you could boil or bake on there too. I bake early on a day off so the smell is gone before the missus is home haha.

Boiling doesn't smell, though. It's best, from my experience, to boil, peel what comes easily, then do it again.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I bake early on a day off so the smell is gone before the missus is home haha.
    LOL. Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but this is funny...... In my 88 Mustang, I was changing the ring and pinion out to a 4.10 gear and I'm the type that tries to do everything myself, so Instead of paying a machine shop to press the new bearing on the pinion gear and carrier, I put the carrier and pinion in the freezer and put the bearings in the oven for an hour. It worked awesome, they basically just fell right on but the house smelled like baked 80w-90 fluid for 3 days. Boy.... did I get yelled at for that one. Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by matts175 View Post
    LOL. Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but this is funny...... In my 88 Mustang, I was changing the ring and pinion out to a 4.10 gear and I'm the type that tries to do everything myself, so Instead of paying a machine shop to press the new bearing on the pinion gear and carrier, I put the carrier and pinion in the freezer and put the bearings in the oven for an hour. It worked awesome, they basically just fell right on but the house smelled like baked 80w-90 fluid for 3 days. Boy.... did I get yelled at for that one. Hahahahaha
    That is a horrible smell! I'm sure your wife would have been happy if you had used the cooler and the bbq outside. I can remember how long it took to get the smell of old gear oil off of my hands!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast