Thread: Frogger Summit!

RC Enthusiast

Frogger Summit!

Hey guys, new to posting but not reading and soaking up great ideas...So I just wanted to post up some shots of my summit, started out a blue one. Recently went through a little overhaul...Out of all my rigs must say love this thing!
    Added...
    Custom frog themed painted body "Frogger"
    Dewalt 820 (A torque beast now!)
    Savox 1230SG
    Light bar kit
    Custom axial light mods (not pictured yet)
    Tow hooks (not pictured yet)
    Red/Black aluminum push/toe links
    Dyed boots black (not pictured yet)
    And my biggest add on... Set of rock crusher's (Huge!! bigger than my xmaxx wheels lol) on custom narrowed 8 hole axials
    and pumped finally found a set of the rare narrow rocksters looked for almost 6 months came yesterday, striped chrome shot em black mounted and trimmed my slingers and will post up some updated pics in a day or so... Those wheels are beautiful so glad to score a set!!!

And this shot was when I had the slingers pre cut on 8 hole axials those where narrowed as well...
    Last edited by johnnyrockett; 05-01-2016 at 06:35 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    So here are some updated shots, dechromed the narrow rocksters and got them painted up mounted and chopped the mud slingers (no fun!! 16'' dykes cut them like butter tho..) Flex is awesome now! got some 2.2 foams in there just barely past the rim. Must say LOVE these wheels and the look of them so glad to get a set!!

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so another quick update...I can never leave things alone I guess the fun in it all? So I picked up a HPI 79 Ford body...must say it is sick love the detail very nice body. Added my flavor of paint to it and must say looks pretty good...I got some proline wide scale bumpers coming so they fit better and pumped on light bar for the roof, that's it for now

Not to sure why I shoot the hoods on all my rigs matte black? Guess my stang is my inspiration? lol

RC Racer
    You must've seen my front bumper mod on the forums

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    You must've seen my front bumper mod on the forums

Yes I did!! lol...great idea very creative nice touch also your boot dying info was superb! Thanks for all that info joe

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, so finally putting up an update. Had gotten my proline wide scale bumper kit rigged it up with some lights, used a stampede light kit had laying around removed fake lights and drilled out holes for the pede kit...nice touch and perfect fit!! Added some NY plates ha..and couldn't resist on the space to use a rc4wd scale warn winch (thing is really nice!!! quality) And then lastly added a Gear Head trail torch led bar....Highly recommend these (different colors sized available RPP hobby) wow cannot seriously believe how bright this thing is!!! And its only runs off 6v through the rx..no additional 3s lipo needed very cool bar.

RC Racer
    Looks really clean! Love the body!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by joethejammer View Post
    Looks really clean! Love the body!
    Thanks joe! Work in progress

RC poster
    Hey Johnny i was wondering is that the hpi 79 Ford super cab body or the non super cab body. Wanting to get one for my summit. Love the look of ur truck tho man the winch an the light bar makes it look badass also.