RC Qualifier

Body Posts on FLM Shock Towers

So what am I missing. Does anyone else have the issue of the body posts always coming loose from their FLM Shock Towers. I mean is the FLM design really to have to put a lock nut on the screw through the the body post to hold the whole thing together?
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

Either loctite it or put a Nyloc nut on it.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Mine always gets loose too. I think mine has more to do with the plastic post, not the tower. Im just gonna use a locknut.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

Lock nut that screw in...that will see you right
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I almost did, but then I remember reading a few posts about bending the rear towers, so I left mine the way it is. I think the screw is being pulled thru sometimes when it flips and hits it. That way, I damage a cheaper part. I noticed my screw was also bent, but I put it back in anyway.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    I almost did, but then I remember reading a few posts about bending the rear towers, so I left mine the way it is. I think the screw is being pulled thru sometimes when it flips and hits it. That way, I damage a cheaper part. I noticed my screw was also bent, but I put it back in anyway.
    Yeah up until now my stock posts have been pulling out and all my screws that hold them to the flm shock tower are bent. When I had my GPM aluminium shock towers in (which are a copy of the stock ones, just in alum) my stock body posts would bend, but I found that some hot water and a counter bend sorted them out back to normal alignment.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    I'm with you, I would much rather trash set of cheap plastic body mounts then the exspencive FLM towers..
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    So what am I missing. Does anyone else have the issue of the body posts always coming loose from their FLM Shock Towers. I mean is the FLM design really to have to put a lock nut on the screw through the the body post to hold the whole thing together?
    Yes And don't worry it's an easy mod