RC Champion

aftermarket servo's is 222 oz./in at 0.06 sec to 60 degres

hey guys looking for a aftermarket servo that can go throught the rigors of being abel to go fast do speed runs and go track side in the future

im looking at the hi-tech hs-7940th

it can dothis (link)
    and am woundering if this is enought for the rusty or are there better(a little less torque and abit less speed) for cheaper?

thanks guys
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    id take all the speed and power you can get for dirt racing.
    Rustler Killing Bandit

I always wonder if you really notice an advantage with such a crazy fast servo. Since the VXL BEC is 6V, you don't get to the 0.06s when you feed the servo via that way.

With a Sav÷x 1258TG you get 0.08s and 166oz on 6V for less than half the price...
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    .08 and .06 isnt much id go with what peter suggested
    Rustler Killing Bandit

on 6V it's even 0.08 compared to 0.07

That servo has a lot of torque, IMO more than you will ever need in a Rusty. I like a fast servo and do think you notice the speed more than the torque in a truck like a Rustler.

I have used many Hitec servos and have mixed feelings about them. I much prefer Ace servos. My son has far more trucks and servos than I do and he uses nothing but Ace, we have yet to have an Ace servo fail on us.

I have an Ace 1313 in my Rusty and a 1015 in my Pede 4x4.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post

it can dothis (link)
    and am woundering if this is enought for the rusty or are there better(a little less torque and abit less speed) for cheaper?

Really nice servo, but yes, you can get something a bit lighter duty and save quite a bit of money. 125-150 oz. is plenty for a Rustler. And IMO, anything that's rated at .11 sec or lower is more than fast enough. I used to run a JR9100s in my T4 and it could get you into trouble if you weren't careful with steering input. That was .06 and 180oz. Used the same servo in my 1/8th buggy and it still didn't break a sweat.

RC Qualifier
    the only thing that really needs that kind of torque is a single servo revo or maxx. or a 1.9 class crawler
    Rustler Killing Bandit

RC Champion
    Aren't you ok with the stock servo (2075) Because that's 0.14s and 125 oz/in and lets be honest more than enough. even on high traction surfaces the servo for me does it's job and for a rustler see no need in spending ridiculous amounts of money on something I don't need
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

Those are some nice specs. But ur looking at over a hundred bucks for those specs from hi-Tech. U can get a Savox Servo, with equivalent specs to Hi-tech or JR, for half the price. I suggest the Savox 1257, or 1258.. 70 bucks, instead of like 140 for the Hi-tech, and they are terrific servos.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    Aren't you ok with the stock servo (2075) Because that's 0.14s and 125 oz/in and lets be honest more than enough. even on high traction surfaces the servo for me does it's job and for a rustler see no need in spending ridiculous amounts of money on something I don't need
    I personally will never go back tot he stock servo. They have no real torque, but above all else the plastic gears are terrible. Once my vehicle was upgraded so much, the Servo became my weakest link, and I had issues with it stripping the gears, or the screw that attaches the saver coming out, on a good bash.

You dont gotta pay over 100 bucks, u can get an awesome, very fast one for 70. My Rustler is running the 1257, and its super fast, and works excellent

Quote Originally Posted by sixshooterstang View Post
    the only thing that really needs that kind of torque is a single servo revo or maxx. or a 1.9 class crawler
    I strongly disagree.. My stampede has 278, and its off the hook. Speeds are awesome under .10... Its one of those things u dont think u need, until u got it. Plus, 222 is really really low for a crawler... it needs in the 3-4 range.

Its one of those things that one u get u realize u cant live without. The Rustler becomes so much more agile with a high speed servo. around 150-200 tq @ 6 oz, and under .10 is ideal for a Rustler...

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    I always wonder if you really notice an advantage with such a crazy fast servo. Since the VXL BEC is 6V, you don't get to the 0.06s when you feed the servo via that way.

With a Sav÷x 1258TG you get 0.08s and 166oz on 6V for less than half the price...
    Well said by Peter. U totally dont need a 140 dollar Hi-tech servo. That I wil so agree... BUT.. a 67 dollar Savox 1257, or 1258tg is ideal... plus say goodbye to pesky stripped plastic gears with the Titanium gears. All for 67 bucks.

1258 .08 and 166 @ 6v

1257 .07 and 133 @ 6v

Both of those are great options

Food for thought -

I installed a Savox servo last night on a build and I had to replace it with a Hi-tec.

I am running a castle creation power combo with a TQi receiver and the Savox servo was pulling too much power from the ESC creating a huge glitch! My options are to either run a seperate BEC to power the servo or replace it with something that draws less current....it was cheaper for me to replace the Savox with a Hi-tec.

Just keep in mind, savox servos have a higher amp draw than most other servos and certain ESCs dont like that.

**pennies hitting the counter**
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 09-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    "RED"

RC Qualifier
    I upgraded the very very old Futaba S3003 (6.0V: 0.19 sec/60░) in my Bandit to an Alturn USA AAS-752MG (6.0V: 0.09 sec/60░) and the difference is substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    Food for thought -

I installed a Savox servo last night on a build and I had to replace it with a Hi-tec.

I am running a castle creation power combo with a TQi receiver and the Savox servo was pulling too much power from the ESC creating a huge glitch! My options are to either run a seperate BEC to power the servo or replace it with something that draws less current....it was cheaper for me to replace the Savox with a Hi-tec.

Just keep in mind, savox servos have a higher amp draw than most other servos and certain ESCs dont like that.

**pennies hitting the counter**

That's one of the downsides to those Savox servos that many owners seem to forget to mention. They have proven to be good servos, but there's a reason why they're cheaper than Hitec and other leading brands. On top of that, many of them are quite loud compared to comparable servos from bigger names.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    I upgraded the very very old Futaba S3003 (6.0V: 0.19 sec/60░) in my Bandit to an Alturn USA AAS-752MG (6.0V: 0.09 sec/60░) and the difference is substantial.
    Yeah, I would say that's a huge upgrade! Those standard servos are terribly slow. That 3003 is similar specs to the Traxxas 2055 (probably the same servo). You actually have to start turning before you get to the turn. And forget about taking a good line through any kind of tight switch-back sections. It just ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by harry697; 09-18-2012 at 11:21 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    And forget about taking a good line through any kind of tight switch-back sections. It just ain't gonna happen.
    That's what frustrated me and prompted the upgrade.

Very valid point about the power consuming Sav÷x. For the record, I didn't leave that info away on purpose, but just didn't think of it. I had to add a separate BEC to be able to feed the Sav÷x sufficient.
    Another valid point is the noise. It is very noisy when there is the smallest amount of stress on the wheels.

For the rest it is good material. Besides the power comsumption and noise, I never had a single issue. Quite durable servo.

RC Qualifier
    I know they arent a big name / big money servo, but I ran the EXI D226 in my Rustler for several months until I sold the truck. The servo has metal gears, is digital and coreless. The only issue I had with it was it was loud. But for $14 I was not complaining.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hitec 645mg, 5645, futaba 3305, they are all good metal geared servos, nice upgrade for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    hitec 645mg, 5645, futaba 3305, they are all good metal geared servos, nice upgrade for a good price.
    Those Hitecs aren't really an upgrade over the Traxxas 2075. They have metal gears for durability, but they're slower than the 2075 and really don't have any more torque. However, they were a popular upgrade when Traxxas kits came with 2018 and 2055 servos.

RC Champion
    sorry guys meant to reply sooner. but the system i plan on running when im done the build is the mmp.i know it has adjustible
    voltage but do not know what amprage it can suply.on the other side a cc bec is around 25 bucks if needed

so most say the savox servo is a good one to get . and with that money saved equals more parts in my hand specialy around
    50 compaired to 140
    my only thing is i havent drove a rusty yet. so i dont know what it need as far as spec i know from 125 oz/in to 200 oz/in
    but ya ya ya
    i will be running it with the 4x4 bell crank. and is there a traxxas /aftermarket horn avalible

thanks guys for the replys
    ryan

RC Champion
    oh kaaaaaaay

so been looking at servos the past hour and its come down to the two

savox 1257tg servo
    6v=0.07sec/60 degrees at 138oz/in
    $70

or the

hitech hs 7965mg
    6v=0.10sec/60degree at 138oz/in
    $65

so if hi tech is the better compiany.
    the hitech servo would be the better servo sept for the 0.03 sec/60 degree losse?
    ^and more efiecent?

Not sure if Hitec is the better company, neither if the little slower Hitec is more efficient.

Quality-wise I would say you can't go wrong with either.

That didn't help much to make a choice, did it?

Looking at wallet impact, the Hitec can work without a BEC so would be even cheaper.

RC Champion
    okay hi tech it is
    sides that 0.03 seconeds

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Not sure if Hitec is the better company, neither if the little slower Hitec is more efficient.

Quality-wise I would say you can't go wrong with either.

That didn't help much to make a choice, did it?

Looking at wallet impact, the Hitec can work without a BEC so would be even cheaper.

+1. Both of those servos are excellent choices and a nice upgrade from the stock servo.