Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Your advice for on-road (slicks) tires.

I'm doing lately a lot of tarmac racing, also we got this huge surface for rollerblades skating so the surface is very slick (it's like marble).
    So – what good slicks tires can you recommend for a 2WD 1/10 slash ?
    Running on that surface with the original tires ends up with a complete uncontrolled drift.
    I need the best grip tires you can think of.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    p.s: I someone has suggested me to use 1/8 slicks, what do you think ?
    Do I need any special adapters for the 1/8 ?
    Thanks.

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    Does the original weels on the 2WD (5807) are 2.2" or 2.8" ?

RC Champion
    The rim size is 2.2" outside and 3.0" inside. Diameter is 4.3'

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

I like buggy tires in general, but my slicks from suprasales are way too slick. I thought I'd get good traction with them but was disappointed.

The wheel is 2.2/3.0 and takes a special SC tire to fit. The outer bead is shorter than the inner.

For 17mm adapters, stick with AKA or TRX. Do not, I repeat do not try integy even if it's $4 cheaper a set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I'm getting confused.
    look @ the wheels here:

It's a 4x4 but the idea is the same wright ?
    What wheels did he used ?

Also check this out:

What slicks did he used ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I like buggy tires in general, but my slicks from suprasales are way too slick. I thought I'd get good traction with them but was disappointed.
    I thought the same thing about the slicks until I put a set on my buddy's Pede 4x4. They have almost too much grip. They are borderline useless on the 2wd. I also have a set of the treaded suprasales on-road buggy tires (which I use for speedruns) and they're great. About $30 a set, but still far cheaper than Street fighters or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    I thought the same thing about the slicks until I put a set on my buddy's Pede 4x4. They have almost too much grip. They are borderline useless on the 2wd. I also have a set of the treaded suprasales on-road buggy tires (which I use for speedruns) and they're great. About $30 a set, but still far cheaper than Street fighters or the like.
    I have a couple sets of suprasales big blocks, and they get great traction, but not the slicks. It's ridiculous how slick they are, as in my slash will sit and spin like I'm doing a burnout at the speedway. I must have different ones than you do.

In the pic below, here are the big blocks which I recommend. The first and third trucks have them (Slash L and Rustler R).

MUDRUNNER, the Pede in the center has Proline 2.8 Trencher tires on them like the pic you posted. The wheels are Desperados.

RC Qualifier
    I think I have at least one pair of every SupraSales tire: BigBlocks, Mohawks, Paradas (now called Tri-Ds) Racingspikes, Slicks, and On-Road Treads. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the truck closest to the camera has Mohawks on it. The BigBlocks are direct copies of ProLine buggy BadLands. I prefer the Mohawks over the BigBlocks, but the Paradas overall.

Hmmm.. the plot thickens. When I ordered the ones on the Rustler they were called big blocks and they are similar to the Badlands but not identical. And the Slash tires are different... maybe I have a pair of each. The tread looks very similar but with a different pattern.

RC Racer
    I have a couple sets of suprasales big blocks, and they get great traction, but not the slicks. It's ridiculous how slick they are, as in my slash will sit and spin like I'm doing a burnout at the speedway. I must have different ones than you do.

In the pic below, here are the big blocks which I recommend. The first and third trucks have them (Slash L and Rustler R).

MUDRUNNER, the Pede in the center has Proline 2.8 Trencher tires on them like the pic you posted. The wheels are Desperados.
    wow, they are expensive

Ok, let's do some conclusions:
    For my 2WD electric Slash, what slicks (for on-road and the very slippery surface I was mentioning earlier) tires + wheels that will not require any hub modification do you recommend ? I wish to stay as standard as I can without using Wheel Adapter etc.
    Same for a good oversized wheels and tires set for off-road use, not mud but sand and up to hard terrain.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mudrunner; 10-01-2012 at 04:20 AM.

RC Racer
    Ok, what do you think of this set ?
    Although its for a 4x4 1/10 Slash, will it fit my 2WD (5807) ?
    Thanks.

The rear tires would but not the front because on the 2wd they need more offset in the front
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    The rear tires would but not the front because on the 2wd they need more offset in the front
    Shame…
    Guys, for those of you that had GOOD experience with slicks for the Slash VXL 2WD, please share a link / pic / details of the set, I'm looking for a cheap complete set (4) of wheels + tires with no need for adapters.
    Also, for a good traction for bashing, from very soft to hard terrain, what do you suggest ?
    For this set I'm willing to pay more to get better performance.

If I'll use the adapters, can I use this on my 2WD VXL Slash, will they fit ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mudrunner; 10-01-2012 at 09:11 AM.

RC Racer
    Posted twice the same post by mistake, how can I delete ?

Anyway, edited:

Considering ill pill off the old tires, can I use the original Slash insert and rims with new tires ?
    If yes, what do you think it's better, using the original rims for on road (slicks) tires or off road tires if the plan is to have the on road just for fun from time to time (looking for a cheap set) and as for the off road set im looking for better traction and stability (bashing 100%) so I'm planning to buy a good set.
    What would you recommend using the original rims for ?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mudrunner; 10-01-2012 at 09:32 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Ok no I'm really confused…
    Just took a front + rear wheels off to measure and exam, they look identically the same:

If I look carefully on the inner side of the front wheel, its written 2WD Front:

But on the rear wheel its written 2WD Rear and also 4WD F-R:

I don’t understand way only the rear is for both F and R on the 4WD and not the 2WD if they (R+F) looks exactly the same.

RC Competitor
    Offset. If you look even more carefully, you will note the hub mounting is different between the front and rear 2WD wheels. Only a few millimeters...

The 4WD uses same wheels front and rear...

It is a bit bothersome why they couldn't just design it for similar wheels front and rear (my 3S is wearing out rear tires!).

Good Luck.

RC Racer
    Now that you mentioned it I see it.
    The hex on the 2WDF is something like 3-4mm out then the 2WDR which is flat, same surface as the rim itself.

Here is a funny thing: only after removing the front and rear wheels I've noticed that during all that time (3 months or so) the wheels were mixed, I had one R and one F in the front and the same in the rear-end.
    And the slash was driving very good.
    So – after all, maybe the offset is not that much of a big issue ???

I think I'm going to order these.

I put 4 front tires on my trucks all the time and the difference in width doesn't bother me. Check out the pic below of my Stampede and you'll see what I mean.

Both tires you linked from suprasales looks good but it doesn't say how tall they are. I got a set of road tires for a 1/10 vehicle and my Slash looked like this:

RC Racer

Both tires you linked from suprasales looks good but it doesn't say how tall they are. I got a set of road tires for a 1/10 vehicle and my Slash looked like this:

Hahaha thats a killer !
    I e-maild the guy regarding the size, ill update here regarding the answer.

Look for a tire that's about 115mm tall, which is about the standard for buggy tires.

RC Racer
    Ok, I'm firing up this thread again as I didn’t get any on-road wheels eventually.
    However I did get a very good 1/8 big blocks like wheels + 17mm adapters and off-road traction is great.

BUT as mentioned I would like to get a very sticky / best grip on-road 1/10 standard hex (12mm) wheels.
    This is one option.
    Please post your experience + pic or type of on-road wheels / tires please.
    Thanks.

RC Champion
    I run the X-01 wheels on my bandit with the rustler arms.
    It would run you about $140 to put these on your car though.

I may put them on my slash 4x4, just need to get another pair of adapters since the ones on the bandit are staggered adapters.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    way to expensive :-(

RC Racer
    Buy proline street fighter thats what i did

RC Enthusiast
    IMEX makes or made foam tires for the slash. Google IMEX foam tires for 1/10 slash. They should be pretty cheap

RC Qualifier
    What about gone bananas foam tires, he will make them to your spec.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    I thought foam was best for carpet running, not the slick surface he's talking about?
    Kersh Summit-LCG Slash-Slash 4x4-Merv-Rally-Wraith

RC Champion
    Foam is good on asphalt as well, not so good on smooth surfaces unless you want to drift.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    looks like this are the cheepest u can get...
    Anyone has any expirience with it ?

RC Enthusiast
    For $30 and free shipping!!! You cant beat that. Who makes them?

RC Racer
    I dont know but as you mentioned, for 30$, who cares

RC Enthusiast
    If you do buy them, please let us know who makes them. Its just easier to find for future reference

RC Racer
    Ive recently changed to 17mm hex for the 1/8 wheels, got a bigblocks set and the overrall handling is much better.
    Today ive purchased these: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=200929431070

Ill update how are they when they will arive.

RC Qualifier
    The SupraSales slicks are pretty much undrivable out of the package on a 2wd. The rubber is hard as nails and slick as ice. You'll need to keep rotating them from front to rear to break them in, and even then you'll need very smooth surfaces. On carpet or any surface with any amount of grip they become traction monsters. The SupraSales sedan threads (sic) are a whole lot grippier, but also a bit more expensive.

RC Racer
    I've never tried this before, but ill update when its done!

[IMG]homemadeslicks.JPG[/IMG]
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

RC Racer
    ok i take it back dont do it... waste of duct tape it got all torn off and NO TRACTION!
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    The SupraSales slicks are pretty much undrivable out of the package on a 2wd. The rubber is hard as nails and slick as ice. You'll need to keep rotating them from front to rear to break them in, and even then you'll need very smooth surfaces. On carpet or any surface with any amount of grip they become traction monsters. The SupraSales sedan threads (sic) are a whole lot grippier, but also a bit more expensive.

I wish i new that in advance... :-(

Anyway its done so....
    Im thinking maybee to scratch them against a rotating stone, the type you use for sharpen knifes....maybe it will help it to be grippier

RC Racer
    Tomorow the big day, road test with these new slicks......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast