RC poster

New shocks. Thoughts?

Hello all, new to Traxxas Forums. First post actually . In the process of building up my rally, and thought I'd give these a go since I haven't really seen anyone else try it. I really like how they perform, and I love the low-profile look. Let me know what you think.

Yeah Racing Desert Lizard Internal Spring Shocks
    -90mm Front
    -100mm Rear
    Droop setup with heavy springs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Sometimes it works every time.

RC poster
    Those look cool! I don’t have any experience with them, but love the look! The only question I’d have would be, how would you adjust them?

RC poster
    Keep in mind that these are intended to be used as crawler shocks so unfortunately there isnt MUCH adjustment. However, each pair of shocks comes with 18 different springs (light, medium, and heavy springs for both droop and sprung setups), as well as 2, 3, and 4-hole pistons.

I've managed to make minor adjustments using different oil weights and swapping pistons, but so far I havent found a way of fine-tuning the spring rate other than simply swapping the springs around. Still experimenting .

Sometimes it works every time
    Sometimes it works every time.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Doo_Tech916 View Post
    Keep in mind that these are intended to be used as crawler shocks so unfortunately there isnt MUCH adjustment. However, each pair of shocks comes with 18 different springs (light, medium, and heavy springs for both droop and sprung setups), as well as 2, 3, and 4-hole pistons.

I've managed to make minor adjustments using different oil weights and swapping pistons, but so far I havent found a way of fine-tuning the spring rate other than simply swapping the springs around. Still experimenting .

Sometimes it works every time
    Ahhh ok. I’m still learning myself! If you can get the rigidity you need out of these, then I’d say they are a nice aesthetic touch! I’ll be interested to hear what more knowledgeable people have to say, though. Good luck to you!