Thread: Lcg chassis

RC Champion

Lcg chassis

Whats the best 4x4 lcg chassis that will work with a mamba monster? (Asking for a friend!)
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    Lots of people seems very please with STRCīs chassis. Also I donīt think it is a bad idea converting to the "rally-chassi" for that LCG-feeling. I myself have the slice-chassis from Chuckwork and it feel quite nice althou it needs some work because the battery-compartment is not even near the specs from stock chassis so if you are running more than 2S...you will need to grind quite a bit..but If you are willing to put the time it will do the job
    Powerhouse Sweden
    Villain IV with Octura 447

RC Racer
    From reading the forums top two that are currently out are the T-RCE and the SSC chassis.
    The STRC chassis has yet to be released but will be up for pre-order soon.
    You can follow the thread here http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-for-SLash-4x4! and here http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=80_81

RC Qualifier
    I like the SSC chassis myself have had no issues with it!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Champion
    Im running the TRCE chassis with TRCE long arm suspension kit. Fits the largest motors you can think of and takes a 3s pack quite nicely.

RC Qualifier
    How do u like the T8 RX8 setup? In comparison to the CC/MMP setup?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    How do u like the T8 RX8 setup? In comparison to the CC/MMP setup?

Sent from my iPhone4
    There really is no comparison. I went through everything Castle has to offer and wasnt satisfied until I dropped the RX8/T8 2650 combo in. Smooth, nice throttle response and whisper quiet compared to any castle solution. The Castle requires Castle link for all programming where the most of Tekins set ups can be set from the buttons on the esc. The BEC in the Tekin is more powerful 5amps vs Castles 3amps so no glitching with a high torque servo. Smooth from low end to high end, no cogging and throttle curves that actually work!

Castle products tried
    SV2/1410 3800kV
    MMP/1410 3800kV
    MMP/1415 2400kV
    MMM/1515 2200kV
    MMM/1512 2650kV

RC Qualifier
    Sold!! Next year ill get one **** or maybe ill sell one of my laptops to come up with the money for the setup lol it's just so expensive ya know? But I'm sure it's well worth it!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Did u have to do any customizing for it to drop in?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Dropped right into the LCG chassis. ESC and receiver box are held down with industrial velcro. I was using servo tape but for as much as I mess with it its much easier to use the velcro so I dont have to scrape off and add new servo tape every time.
    For mounting to a stock chassis its no different than other over sized applications. You have to move the receiver box up front so the motor and esc will fit. The T8 2650 is roughly the size of the Castle 2650 and a little shorter in length than the 2200.

Just an FYI, the Tekin RX8/T8 2650 is the same going rate as the Castle MMM/2650. Stormer hobbies has the best price on a new combo by quite a bit, like $50 less than tower and Amain. Thats where I got mine and they shipped quick too!

RC Qualifier
    Well u can always donate yours lol! But that's what's up coming fro the 1/16 scale where everything has to get changed in order to work I just wanted to make sure before a big purchase! Do u have the extra duty CVDs for your set up as well?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Well u can always donate yours lol! But that's what's up coming fro the 1/16 scale where everything has to get changed in order to work I just wanted to make sure before a big purchase! Do u have the extra duty CVDs for your set up as well?

Sent from my iPhone4
    Im running the Tekno M6 long shafts as Im running the TRCE long arms, same spec as the protrac suspension. Tekno or MIP is always a nice discussion. You will always hear folks complain that the tenkos bend and others complain the the MIPs just flat out snap stub axles and rub the carriers. Ive run the teknos pretty hard and the only issue I had was one shaft was not perfectly true new out of the package and caused some vibration. I contacted Matt from Tekno and 2 days later had two new shafts in the mail so I have a spare. My decision to buy the teknos was based largely on the fact that they have some flex to them like a torsion bar when you nail it on a high torque start and I didnt want to deal with MIPs rubbing the carriers and wearing them down.

RC Racer
    T-RCE user here. T-RCE chassis and shock towers (which allow me to use AE 4x4 shocks), Tekin Rx8 and pro4 4600kv motor. A very capable racer and the Carbon Fiber chassis is holding up just fine. XO-1 axles, Tekno Big Bone driveshaft.

RC Racer
    You can fit one in the new STRC LCG chassis. On sale now for 99.99 and when pre ordered you can get a one time anodized color.