RC Competitor

200mm sedan conversion kit very interesting

Saw this while wandering through HR's upgrade list an it has me curious but i cannot find any pictures of the chassi with the guts inside (see how the gearbox is set an so forth) http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=VXS16GS;c=466

I don't know if i'd ever bother with one of those kits but still looks rather interesting especially if it has the drive train on its side so the motor isn't up in the air.

RC Racer
    im curious too. looks neat. i think its the bottom of the chassis thats facing you. the two raised area might be what mounts flush with the bulkheads.

RC Competitor
    I wish I knew that for sure but looks like nobody has bothered with the kit but the 1/16 suspension the slash/rally use i could imagine a possibly good racing vehicle.

RC Champion
    i want one. heck since TRAXXAS wont revamp the electric 4-tec. ill make my own. thank you hot racing.
    Last edited by ajcar; 10-28-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Here's some pics of it all put together. Looks very interesting.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the find! looks like if you wanted to run this more seriously you'd want to zip tie the batteries to the chassis, maybe even get hard case lipo packs. would be interesting to see how the suspension could compete with other 1/10 sedans.

RC Qualifier
    I think I would be more comfortable with the batts on top of the chassis. I know why they did it this way to lower the CG. This chassis also doesn't look like it would hold up to well anywhere but on road.

Where would you mount the ESC?
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 10-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.

RC Competitor
    probably mount the esc just about anywhere you could. Ya probably would snap trying to take 1/10 dirt jumps but ya for smooth track might be interesting saying the 1/16 traxxas platform has f1 like suspension.

RC Champion
    thats not what i was expecting.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm, it's interesting but I don't understand the point of it? Even if you just wanted a carbon fibre chassis then you could get the integy one.
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Slash 2WD
    Slash 1/16 VXL

RC Racer
    That's what I like to see, crazy modifications I really like it but its not for me. Is there anything like this for off road?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    do they make this on the bigger ERBE , i'm on the process of building a onroad 1/8 scale

RC Qualifier
    I personally would find a way to put my batteries on top of the chassis
    http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-PHASE View Post
    That's what I like to see, crazy modifications I really like it but its not for me. Is there anything like this for off road?
    Yes integy do, here -> http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...52&p_catid=257
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Slash 2WD
    Slash 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    It also moves the motor forward(batts too if you want) allowing for more balanced weight distribution. The bottom plate would help protect the batts on a road course. My biggest question is quality since CF can be fragile or extremely hard depending on how it's done. Showing 2 different sized batts too. Set up possibilities are many. I wonder if they're using the HR aluminum bulkheads?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertron2000 View Post

integy's chassis is a joke....... as are many of their sub-par garbage products......

there are 2 integy products i would run, the steel roll cage, and their blingin battery doors..... their bulkheads aren't too bad, but in general, their aluminum quality isn't as good as other companies

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    integy's chassis is a joke....... as are many of their sub-par garbage products......

there are 2 integy products i would run, the steel roll cage, and their blingin battery doors..... their bulkheads aren't too bad, but in general, their aluminum quality isn't as good as other companies
    Believe it or not I've had great luck with their knuckles so far on my MERV
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post

I agree, but I was just pointing that out. I learnt that the hard way... Although I have got the battery doors but they don't really need to be strong as they don't take pressure or impact.
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Slash 2WD
    Slash 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    it is cool though that you can run a 1/10 servo!
    http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Racer
    Body pics post it up
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^