RC Racer

Question i need help with my control arms - RPM

i replaced my stock control arms and replaced them with some aftermarket RPM control arms. long story short my steering is completely off, its as if my front wheels are both facing outward from each other. some one experience this issue when replacing there control arms? I can post some pics up once im done i disassembled my revo to redo it again it. Also does anyone know where i can find a screw list that goes from the under body to control arms. ill post some pics up later to explain myself.
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

RC Champion
    Sounds like you need to turn in the pivot balls a bit more until the steering is squared up again.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Back the pillow ball back out til you see the threads and then on the uppers turn in 4 full turns and the.lowers 5 full turn in

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Upper front - 4turns
    Lower front -5 turns
    Upper and Lower rear - 4 1/2 turns

RC Racer
    thanks guys ima try this today.. i hope this does the trick
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

RC Qualifier
    My stock rods were too short for my liking w rpm arms and GH knuckles cause I almost had to bury the pillow balls so I made my own rods.
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Competitor
    Rpm arms and stock arms take different install methods. With Traxxas arms you need to burry the pivot ball until it bottoms out. With RPM arms you need to set them up as the guys have posted. If set up right with rpm arms they are right inline with stock. They should in no way alter the length of your rods if set up correctly. You can use the rods to accomodate an incorrectly installed pillow ball, but this would lengthen the gap between arm and carrier, not a good idea IMO.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog88 View Post
    My stock rods were too short for my liking w rpm arms and GH knuckles cause I almost had to bury the pillow balls so I made my own rods.

That`s impossible if you follow the install instructions.
    -Did you screw the pillow balls to the end of the thread for starting point ?
    -Did you turn them later CLOCKWISE as RCFan said ?...or you turned them ANTI-CLOCKWISE by mistake ?
    That could be the reason for your trouble.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    and if you ever break a rpm arm you will void the warranty if you tighten them more than the recommended settings

RC Qualifier
    But it is possible, I went til no threads showed then however many turns the instructions said and my tires were still pointed out up front, that's why I made longer rods. They are only a hair longer than the stockers, its not like I made them a inch longer guys lol

Last edited by devildog88; 10-31-2012 at 09:22 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your pillow balls looks like.they are too far out

RC Qualifier
    They might be, I never cialed it in perfectly just threw it together to snap this pic.

RC Qualifier
    Ugh...I mean I measured everything twice, cut once, installed, lined it up and drove it. It handeled amazingly, better than ever before, I even cartwheeled it down a gravel road at WOT. After that I tore it down to do maintenance and while putting it back I just snapped a quick picture, this setup in the picture wasn't final or perminant...

RC Qualifier
    Devil how long did u make the rods with out the ends on them thx

RC Qualifier
    Man its been so long that I can't remember, sorry man.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Probably only.needs about 1/4 into the end link shouldn't be too hard to.figure it.out

RC Qualifier
    I can clearly see the thread on the picture, so no way that you done like manual says ....

RC Qualifier
    Okay if you say so clearly you didn't read/understand what I said in my other post

It works (better than stock & cheaper than upgraded) and that's all that matters

RC poster

Post I had the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by traxstar View Post
    i replaced my stock control arms and replaced them with some aftermarket RPM control arms. long story short my steering is completely off, its as if my front wheels are both facing outward from each other. some one experience this issue when replacing there control arms? I can post some pics up once im done i disassembled my revo to redo it again it. Also does anyone know where i can find a screw list that goes from the under body to control arms. ill post some pics up later to explain myself.
    Hey dude, I had the EXACT same problem. I crashed mine and broke one of the front top A-arms, so I ordered some new RPM brand ones. I finished putting the top and bottom on and noticed that the tires were pointing opposite to each other. I was furious so I went and got a snack, and thats when I realized the solution: if you broke the top ones, replace them with RPM one's, but if you broke the bottom ones, buy the stock ones again. I love how strong the top ones are.I was driving it around just fine with top RPM A-arms and the stock ones on the bottom, and I thought it was dumb to have stock and aftermarket parts on the same part. But it's just fine. Hope it helped you out.