RC Enthusiast

"Training Mode" question

I was playing around yesterday and decided to check out the training mode on the esc. At first when I switched it to that mode, when I turned it on, I got the fast green blinking light. Couldn't figure out why, then I switched from the 70/30 to 50/50 and it went away and drove fine.

While I was running around being foolish with the truck, chasing squirrels and such, I decided to switch it back to 70/30 to see how it was. When I did that, the truck immediately started going in reverse on it's own. Is this normal operation?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, that is normal. You have to program the ESC to 70/30 before you put the controller in 70/30 because basically all the controller does is change the neutral position on the trigger to give you more distance on the throttle and less distance on the brake. So, in short, when you put the controller in 70/30 without first putting the ESC in 70/30, then the truck thinks you are telling it to go in reverse.

The only real function of the 70/30 mode is for people that want more precise control over their throttle, it doesn't actually make your truck any faster.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Enthusiast
    Now that you mention it, that make sense, thanks for the response

Sent from my Google powered personal data extraction device.

RC Qualifier
    No problem, you aren't the first person to make that mistake, if you know what I mean
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta