RC Qualifier

thinkin about gettin an e-maxx

hey guys i want a brushless e-maxx, how is the durability? what are some parts i should get when i get the truck?
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Champion
    Durability is okay, but the bulkheads and a arms are a known weak point. The rest of its not too bad.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    common breaking parts are shock towers, and bulkheads. thats all ive ever broken on any maxx ive owned.
    but changing to aluminum bulkheads, aluminum chassy braces, and rpm shock towers, and anything else rpm will help alot.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    thanks man. ill be runnin it on dual 3s batteries. how are temps runnin those batteries?
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

temps can raise with any system you use. you have monitor temps no matter what even on 4s sometimes i dont anymore since i know mine doesnt get hot how i have it geared. running 6s then you may want to upgrade the axles to summit long shafts as the stock wont last with that much power.
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    get golden horizon bulk heads and a rear integy skid plate- imho integy bulk heads are fantastic, rpm are good too but if you get rpm's you cant put back on the stock traxxas wheelie bar; with integy's you can. my shock towers havnt broken yet so i dont have any advice there
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    temps can raise with any system you use. you have monitor temps no matter what even on 4s sometimes i dont anymore since i know mine doesnt get hot how i have it geared. running 6s then you may want to upgrade the axles to summit long shafts as the stock wont last with that much power.
    Hmmm. I have run 6s on my EMBE now for around 6 months and agree with most of what has been said, Stock Bulkheads, Suspension Arms and Shock Towers not really up to any serious bashing. I have however found NO Issues with the Stock Driveshafts, does depend some on gearing you running. One thing I did not see mentioned is changing out the Stock Knuckles (Axle Carriers) to the Stock ERevo ones as these have an inbuilt metal retaining ring which prevents the Pivot Balls popping out which is a common thing with Stock EMaxx Axle Carriers.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Hmmm. I have run 6s on my EMBE now for around 6 months and agree with most of what has been said, Stock Bulkheads, Suspension Arms and Shock Towers not really up to any serious bashing. I have however found NO Issues with the Stock Driveshafts, does depend some on gearing you running. One thing I did not see mentioned is changing out the Stock Knuckles (Axle Carriers) to the Stock ERevo ones as these have an inbuilt metal retaining ring which prevents the Pivot Balls popping out which is a common thing with Stock EMaxx Axle Carriers.
    Reading what your wrote yeah i was say it would depend also on the gearing used for 6s gearing too high will rip the axles IMO off maybe not right away but after some runs and hard accels will kill them.
    I havent heard anything about the axle carriers before, I know mine are kinda stiff to move the pivot ball around maybe because its new-old now and hasnt seen much offroad except lately now its half on road and half offroad. Bulkheads i will go with GH as they have that lifetime warranty on them which would be nice thats about all the alum i would go for when the time comes. I like rpm a arms on my rides hold up great even under stress and some light crashes.
    Living life.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Reading what your wrote yeah i was say it would depend also on the gearing used for 6s gearing too high will rip the axles IMO off maybe not right away but after some runs and hard accels will kill them.
    I havent heard anything about the axle carriers before, I know mine are kinda stiff to move the pivot ball around maybe because its new-old now and hasnt seen much offroad except lately now its half on road and half offroad. Bulkheads i will go with GH as they have that lifetime warranty on them which would be nice thats about all the alum i would go for when the time comes. I like rpm a arms on my rides hold up great even under stress and some light crashes.
    Agree with Mike, RPM Arms definitely a winner as I have tried stock, aluminium and now RPM and the RPM's come up trumps.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    I love my emaxx. I loved my 3906 back in 2001 when the emaxx was released, and I love my 3905/3908 hybrid so much more. This is a truck I will definitely be keeping
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp