RC Racer

tqi problems, solid red

Last while light bashing with my 2 day old merv the transmitter lost signal. Changed batteries in the controller and wiggled al my wires around and it worked again. Soon later i lost signal again. the tqi has a solid red light. The manual only shows 3 options for light patterns. "solid green, slow blinking red and fast blinking red". NO solid red. I tried binding two different transmitters and neither connected. they both connected to my slash tqi though. i hooked my other tqi receiver to the merv esc and it worked. Everything leads to the new tqi receiver. what does a solid red light mean?

NVM problem solved! took the receiver apart and found water.... guess the factory did not seal it very well. A blow drier fixed it up
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-26-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: post merge

RC poster

Receiver glows solid red

I had the same problem with my Spartan. Solid red and no link between Transmitter and Receiver. There was water in the "water proof box" After drying, waiting for 3-4 hours and proceed new binding procedure, everything works fine again.

..unfortunately i ordered already a new receiver in internet.

The receiver itself is not waterproof...
    I realize that is probably not what you meant or expect, but your post can be interpreted that way.

The waterproof box does not always seal up very well. The seals have to be in top shape and not over squashed to keep all water out.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    appears i may have same problem, i hope it works after it dries out, the thing is my receiver box and the piece with the foam were both missing a screw on one side, thought maybe fell out but when i found couple screws to put in there, they went in like they never been threaded yet so im guessing they missed them while putting it together.... only few runs on this slash, but this last one i did a lot of puddles and died SNIFFLE lol

totally unrelated but my summit still going strong after all winter bashing WOOO, nothing broke yet

RC poster
    I bought a new TQi transmitter and receiver. New batteries and still a solid red light on receiver. Any help?

Have you calibrated the new radio system to the ESC?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    well, I tried to bind the receiver and the transmitter first. I think the problem might be with the wiring from the batteries to the receiver. The batteries in the car are new. The light on the receiver is solid red/blinking red. If I jiggle the power switch the light on the receiver will sometimes blink quickly. Any thoughts?

RC poster
    this is a tmax classic nitro by the way...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeBahamut View Post

NVM problem solved! took the receiver apart and found water.... guess the factory did not seal it very well. A blow drier fixed it up
    x2 on this. Opened receiver "waterproof" box and removed opened the receiver. Condensation inside so I dried it and let it sit. Worked great after that!

NOTE: Spartan would start up, 3 tones from the ESC but the receiver light remained solid red until I opened it up and dried. Solid green after that and boat ran fine.