Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 1334
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Received my servo metal gear set today, going to install it later on. I'm hoping to get rid of that play from the servo horn.

Ok here's the rest of the assembly, its pretty plain and simple, unscrew 4 screws at the back of the servo, then pop it open carefully, take a good look at the gears position then take it all out, grease the metal gears and put them in.

Here's what the stock looks like

All the gears taken out and side by side.

It has 25t splined so it works with your servo horn

Here's what it looks like after all metal gears installed

All covered up and done

I thanks our fellow member 08kgrave for this great mod bro!!

RC Champion
    Nice Corvette Build Humay, I like it!

I bought a Killerbody 1/7 Corvette for my XO-1
    Last edited by ViperZ; 10-24-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice Corvette Build Humay, I like it!

I bought a Killerbody 1/7 Corvette for my XO-1
    well, hello there stranger, good to hear from you again how everything going on with you?

thanks what goes around comes around lol I had to build it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    well, hello there stranger, good to hear from you again how everything going on with you?

thanks what goes around comes around lol I had to build it.
    Thanks Man It's been a good summer! I've only been able to dabble in RC Cars part time, and anything I did was getting set up for 1/10 TC club racing. I'm looking forward to the Racing season.

Not much on the Traxxas front... I did mention I picked up a Killerboys Corvette for the XO-1, so some time when I have time I may fit it.. Other than that not much else

I shot a few weddings this summer so that's kept me busy and I picked up a quad copter which holds my Drift HD video camera. I'm looking to learn more in aerial video and photography.

Anyway, nice to see you're still the tinker master here! Keep it up, you're the pulse of the this forum!

Ok here's the rest of the assembly, its pretty plain and simple, unscrew 4 screws at the back of the servo, then pop it open carefully, take a good look at the gears position then take it all out, grease the metal gears and put them in.

Here's what the stock looks like

All the gears taken out and side by side.

It has 25t splined so it works with your servo horn

Here's what it looks like after all metal gears installed

All covered up and done

I thanks our fellow member 08kgrave for this great mod bro!!
    did it take some of the slop in the steering?
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    did it take some of the slop in the steering?
    Yes, most definitely

http://s896.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/tif...07dfa.jpg.html
    Very nice, my worry is how much will I have remove for 27/36.
    I have it done with a stock plastic mount and all four motor mount screws installed, grinding away on one of my hot racing mounts is an different story.
    Heres the 27 tooth with the fourth screw installed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    http://s896.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/tif...07dfa.jpg.html
    Very nice, my worry is how much will I have remove for 27/36.
    I have it done with a stock plastic mount and all four motor mount screws installed, grinding away on one of my hot racing mounts is an different story.
    Heres the 27 tooth with the fourth screw installed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You probably have to completely eliminate that one screw to fit 27/36 gearing, it still hold fine knowing you still have 5 screws holding it together

After I got my servo done, tested it and works fine but once got it installed in the car it tends to slow down like something is binding so I took the servo apart and clean the grease off the gears thinking maybe something wedge between the tooth and so, got it done, grease it again and put together, tested and working fine, so then I put it in and got the same result . turns out once you tightened the screw on the servo horn it locked up to the case causing the servo to slow down lol so, my solution was to put a small washer.

Without washer

With washer
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Yet another great discovery by you!
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Thanks Man It's been a good summer! I've only been able to dabble in RC Cars part time, and anything I did was getting set up for 1/10 TC club racing. I'm looking forward to the Racing season.

Not much on the Traxxas front... I did mention I picked up a Killerboys Corvette for the XO-1, so some time when I have time I may fit it.. Other than that not much else

I shot a few weddings this summer so that's kept me busy and I picked up a quad copter which holds my Drift HD video camera. I'm looking to learn more in aerial video and photography.

Anyway, nice to see you're still the tinker master here! Keep it up, you're the pulse of the this forum!
    thanks bro!! I know you've been busy lately with 1/10 touring which by the way are always neatly done and all but we missed you and your expertise are much needed/appreciated for some of our newer (noob) member.

Best of luck on your TC club racing, go get'em

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Yet another great discovery by you!
    this is what happen when you have all the time that you need one thing for sure is the time it took me figuring it out was a headache.

Didn't like the actual wing that goes with the car so I use my XO-1 wing instead, i did use the original wing stand since the XO-1 has a curve to contour the XO-1 body, so here's what it looks like with the wing.

Man! I didn't think your ride could get any better looking....and then you post a new pic!

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    Man! I didn't think your ride could get any better looking....and then you post a new pic!
    thanks bro, I am waiting for the battery tray, I order it back in 10/08 and just last week I e-mailed them for an update cause it never showed up and they said they lost it and that they should have more coming in few days which is a week ago and now another week starting. I emailed them again today and that if it doesn't show up tomorrow (Wednesday) just give me my money back.

car is ready to run since I barrowed my ESC from my GT8, I even use double sided tape on my lipo just to get it run lol

Humay I really think this car can pull some high numbers bro. The 2200kv motor 6s and some aggressive gearing should get you 110mph +. Have you looked into SMC lipos. I got a 3s 6500mah 70c and this battery is the best! I can't wait to see what she can do when put to the test!

No doubt the 2200 can pull it easy on 6s, I'm just concern about the heat. I did 2200 before geared 29t/46 on 6s and I cant get it to grip, I could only do half throttle must be my bad choice of tires lol. with the 1717 I can gear it as close to 1:1 ratio and can get away with heat.

No doubt the 2200 can pull it easy on 6s, I'm just concern about the heat. I did 2200 before geared 29t/46 on 6s and I cant get it to grip, I could only do half throttle must be my bad choice of tires lol. with the 1717 I can gear it as close to 1:1 ratio and can get away with heat.
    Do you have to fab up a motor mount plate to get that big boy(1717) to fit? You might want to get the XL2 esc to push that big boy too.

curious to what ESC you plan to use?

I'm actually considering of getting the xl2 and 1717 but I don't know when, trying to save up some $$$

Go big or go home.... saving $ is the hardest part for me....lol.

RC Champion
    Haha tell me about, especially if your a 16 year old that has to pay for everything yourself except for food and a house.

Humay, get the xl2 if you won't cause you to put off any bills.

I'm actually considering of getting the xl2 and 1717 but I don't know when, trying to save up some $$$
    I've got the MME & 2200Kv now. I'm going to sell the unlocked MME & get an XL2 to run 8S. Re-engineering my hybrid...

So true, I just have to work over time to make up for it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Haha tell me about, especially if your a 16 year old that has to pay for everything yourself except for food and a house.

Humay, get the xl2 if you won't cause you to put off any bills.
    Your pretty good with your expenses to keep up with this hobby
    Quote Originally Posted by natrix500 View Post
    I've got the MME & 2200Kv now. I'm going to sell the unlocked MME & get an XL2 to run 8S. Re-engineering my hybrid...
    Sounds like a plan

RC Champion
    thanks bro!! I know you've been busy lately with 1/10 touring which by the way are always neatly done and all but we missed you and your expertise are much needed/appreciated for some of our newer (noob) member.

Best of luck on your TC club racing, go get'em
    Thanks! I should work some more on my TRX cars as they have been neglected. I want to retune the chassis of the GT-8, and paint another body for the Rally-2.

I'll try to be around more.... Just to see what you guys are up to
    Didn't like the actual wing that goes with the car so I use my XO-1 wing instead, i did use the original wing stand since the XO-1 has a curve to contour the XO-1 body, so here's what it looks like with the wing.

That's looking sweet! That is my favorite build going!!

thanks ViperZ, it sure looks nice but can it hold up to my expectation hmmmm....... we'll see

I did test run it at target parking lot and seems easy to control even with some drifting can be counter steer without spinning out of control although from standing still, gunning it tend to pivot its rear end to the right like a torque twist lol.

my idea of getting a XL2 didn't go as plan lol. Instead I got a MM2, I mean 6s is my goal and MM2 is more capable to get the job done, I might add some caps for the 1717 hungry amp draw

You should be set with the MM2 bro. And the caps would be a bad idea. So when do we get to see this baby in action?

I did a short video running at a parking lot and seems to be easy to control and the temp was up there for such a short run lol reaching as high as 170 on the motor but the esc was only 112, battery and wires was 98/99 so, I need the 1717 before I can get that straight run I still need to find a good place to run cause that street where I run is a no no, I found out that the Boeing building at the rooftop I saw a big drum like satellite and that's were all my interference from.
    Here's what it looks like now

And as you can see I strap a weight up front, its a 3/4 socket

yeah that space between the motor and esc needs to be filled.... And i meant to say the caps wouldn't be a bad idea....lol. There is a guy on youtube that i think makes customer weights. That or ive seen guys hide them inside the front foam bumper.

Yeah I've seen guys using lead tape but I think this will do its justice lol. I purposely give room between the esc/motor for the 1717. I haven't run it yet with the weight on except at my backyard doing number 8 lol.

RC Champion
    Nice ballast!

RC Racer
    Took a little break from the project. Started again tonight. Humay can I come over and use your table saw to cut these aero parts? Man it takes a lot of work with just a hack saw.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

sorry to disappoint y'all but I have a change of plan, (not surprisingly) I have to sell my 360mm XO-1 GT and use that money towards our new member of our family our baby girl coming very soon. I'll post it up at MP soon.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 11-08-2014 at 06:26 PM.

sorry to disappoint y'all but I have a change of plan, (not surprisingly) I have to sell my 360mm XO-1 GT and use that money towards our new baby girl coming very soon. I'll post it up at MP soon.

Noooooo!!!! brother I wish I had the cash I would swoop it up! But I understand responsibility.

RC Champion
    Why does all of the good stuff have to go for sale when I got no money. Sad to see it go but you've got priorities that need to be fulfilled first.

I still have my Rally GT8 to play around with I mentioned before that I cannot let go of my Rally GT8, its special to me, sure it gets neglected from time to time due to other project but at the end its my favorite rides. To give you a rundown of why its special to me......
    1. Its transformation
    2. Been thru crashes including getting run over by a 1:1 car and still on the same chassis
    3. It was my template to copy 325mm wb xo-1 GT8
    4. Used it as a donor from time to time
    5. The most money I have well spent on

So who wants to spot me the $400 to buy my buddy humay's car?....lol.

RC Racer
    Oh noes!!!!! Well at least you still have the rally gt8.

I got my xo1 shock towers and gtr shocks.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast