Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 1334
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    sorry to disappoint y'all but I have a change of plan, (not surprisingly) I have to sell my 360mm XO-1 GT and use that money towards our new member of our family our baby girl coming very soon. I'll post it up at MP soon.
    Sorry you have to let it go, but on the total upside, Congrats man!! That's what's really important in life, toys is just biding time

I still have my Rally GT8 to play around with I mentioned before that I cannot let go of my Rally GT8, its special to me, sure it gets neglected from time to time due to other project but at the end its my favorite rides. To give you a rundown of why its special to me......
    1. Its transformation
    2. Been thru crashes including getting run over by a 1:1 car and still on the same chassis
    3. It was my template to copy 325mm wb xo-1 GT8
    4. Used it as a donor from time to time
    5. The most money I have well spent on
    Hmmm, Why is it I feel this way about all my things, big or small....?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Got me something new to me MM2. Bought it from our fellow member here, slightly used and settings are still untouched. This is my first MM2 and to all MM2 owners out there, I have a question......when you plug it into your usb programming, do you only see 3 firmware options available (1.39, 1.45beta, 1.46)? the old ones MM v1/v2 gives me 5 or 6 firmware version options.

Trying to solder a traxxas connector with my cheapo harbor freight pencil solder and end up messing it up lol, now I have to cut the wire a little bit shorter for another clean ends. feed up with this cheapo solder so I order a Hakko FX888D, waited this long and now I finally have a soldering station to play with

Trying to solder a traxxas connector with my cheapo harbor freight pencil solder and end up messing it up lol, now I have to cut the wire a little bit shorter for another clean ends. feed up with this cheapo solder so I order a Hakko FX888D, waited this long and now I finally have a soldering station to play with
    I'm sporting the new trakpower tk955, its 60w's but I never need or set it over 750f.
    It holds the temp within 1.8 degrees f of the set temp, it makes me wonder how I got buy with my old 40w weller for so long.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

My LHS uses trakpower and it sure gets the job done, I just don't want to depend on them everytime I need to get anything soldered

Man I still use the cheapo Walmart one too. It sucks. I guess I need to start building up my tools.

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    Man I still use the cheapo Walmart one too. It sucks. I guess I need to start building up my tools.
    Yeah, I figure its time for me step up to make soldering a little easier

On the other side, I got my new set of shoes, wheels and tires that is lol.

Looks sweet brother!

Looks sweet brother!
    Thanks bro!!
    Here's my new toy

Thanks bro!!
    Here's my new toy
    Your in for a new dimension in the soldering category.
    If I knew what a difference there was I'd have purchased my Track Power two years ago.
    You'll be soldering everything you can for a couple days,lol.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 11-25-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Awesome! Now I can send my stuff to get solders professionally by you....lol.

Awesome! Now I can send my stuff to get solders professionally by you....lol.
    I suck at soldering traxxas connectors lol so I order some Castle Polarized Bullet Connectors enough to change all my TRX connectors. I can do easy with bullet connectors but my problem with trx is when trying to melt the solder together, I couldn't seem to get it to melt and when I get it to melt only one side and wont stick together.

RC Champion
    The yellow wheels look great on there! It's starting to cool off enough to run these without constantly checking temps now too.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Thanks sean1214, the tires probably the stickies tire I ever have lol and its labelled different than my previous ones. Soon I'll have my car running again, I just got done soldering a castle bullet connectors.

RC Racer
    Thanks sean1214, the tires probably the stickies tire I ever have lol and its labelled different than my previous ones. Soon I'll have my car running again, I just got done soldering a castle bullet connectors.
    Where did you order the tires from?

Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    Where did you order the tires from?
    Bought it on eBay, GRP wheels/tires 1/8 onroad.

RC Racer
    Bought it on eBay, GRP wheels/tires 1/8 onroad.
    Thanks man, I'll take a look at them once my sweeps wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    Thanks man, I'll take a look at them once my sweeps wear out.
    Your welcome but I have to warn you grp stand shorter than sweep so you need to adjust your ride height.

RC Racer
    Your welcome but I have to warn you grp stand shorter than sweep so you need to adjust your ride height.
    Cool! Thanks again

RC Champion
    Update me after you run some more packs through on the wear with the GRP's, I might pick up a set in the same compound if our local mountains finally get some snow so I can get back to work and get the money for it.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Champion
    Nice solder station Humay!

I have a Weller station unit, but quite honestly I like using my vintage Weller gun for the instantaneous heat and high output. It suits my soldering style, in and out in a blink of an eye. Been doing it like that for decades

Thanks ViperZ, I've been wanting a soldering station for a long time and now its time for me to have one. I actually have a weller soldering gun too, the one with a light that turns on as you pull the trigger lol, puts out heat fast but I don't know why I can't melt them when trying to bond it together.

Feels so good to get my Rally GT8 back up and running again, its been down for quiet sometimes specially when I start to build another project my Rally GT8 becomes a donor lol.

Feels so good to get my Rally GT8 back up and running again, its been down for quiet sometimes specially when I start to build another project my Rally GT8 becomes a donor lol.
    I'm battling with the same issue, I hate pulling parts from one for the other, its why my build has been going so slow.
    I've been spending a lot of time and cash on my scx10, the scaler thing is more fun then I thought it would be.
    I picked up a cc 10amp bec for the GT8, think I'm going savox instead of specky on the servo this time.
    Nothing wrong with spectrum servos in fact their great, just trying something different, in fact hitec is also on the maybe list.
    Gun metal strc shock towers are on the list as well.
    Thing is by the time I but the towers, 43/13 hardened ring and pinions for the scx10 as well as four 2.2" method aluminum bead-locks with mudslingers there goes a few bucks to say the least.
    Hope Santa things I was very nice this year.
    Its a bit early but Happy Holidays to all!!!!
    God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Update me after you run some more packs through on the wear with the GRP's, I might pick up a set in the same compound if our local mountains finally get some snow so I can get back to work and get the money for it.
    lol how did I miss your post? anyway with my first set GRP (white wheels) rated B1/B2 had plenty of run, I even do a few drifting with it and still have groove/thread left, proper balanced on keeps the tires wear evenly and the fact that I rotate it often too

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I'm battling with the same issue, I hate pulling parts from one for the other, its why my build has been going so slow.
    I've been spending a lot of time and cash on my scx10, the scaler thing is more fun then I thought it would be.
    I picked up a cc 10amp bec for the GT8, think I'm going savox instead of specky on the servo this time.
    Nothing wrong with spectrum servos in fact their great, just trying something different, in fact hitec is also on the maybe list.
    Gun metal strc shock towers are on the list as well.
    Thing is by the time I but the towers, 43/13 hardened ring and pinions for the scx10 as well as four 2.2" method aluminum bead-locks with mudslingers there goes a few bucks to say the least.
    Hope Santa things I was very nice this year.
    Its a bit early but Happy Holidays to all!!!!
    God Bless!
    I don't know what it is about servo for I keep staying with stock 2075 ones, I can buy 3 2075 servos and keep the other 2 as back up but never consider going with a super fast/torque servo, I've watched youtube vids about high speed/torque servo but still not convinced by it, maybe seeing it and test it in person will change my mind and get one

maybe seeing it and test it in person will change my mind and get one
    It is something to experience, I had to use a little expo while getting used to my first .08 speed unit.

RC Qualifier
    Oh...heck yes it makes a difference. Metal gear is more durable than what you are running. Plus the speed AND torque combination of some servos truly make a difference.

My 4wd and 1/8 race rigs are all running 0.08 transits at 6v and my 2wd rigs are 0.07. I dropped to a faster and slightly less torque on the 2wd to allow me to better steer into and correct from drifts which inevitably happen with 2wd. Liked it enough i upgraded the 4wd. Then went with same when i added 1/8. Savox, model 1257 and 1258.

Can be power hungry, but have never been an issue with my Traxxas or Hobby Wing escs.

It is something to experience, I had to use a little expo while getting used to my first .08 speed unit.
    I need to get out of the hole and try something else , I mean with the stock servo I'm well satisfied with what I used it for speedruns and with the metal geared I did it made a whole lot of improvement, less noise/play.

[QUOTE=goodie1977;5789113]Oh...heck yes it makes a difference. Metal gear is more durable than what you are running. Plus the speed AND torque combination of some servos truly make a difference.QUOTE]

my 2075 servo is metal geared just not as fast as other servo lol

RC Qualifier
    Where did you find the metal gears that fit the 2075
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Where did you find the metal gears that fit the 2075
    ebay search under savox servo mg-0251.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. That looks like a very nice mod. Great build humay
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Thank you. That looks like a very nice mod. Great build humay
    your welcome!! I cant really say I"ll take the credit over that mod, just passing along what our fellow member 08kgrave for sharing

Humay what do you think about the glitch busters? I'm debating on getting one over a bec.

Humay what do you think about the glitch busters? I'm debating on getting one over a bec.
    TBH I'm still using my stock servo with the glitch buster on and I can't really say what it does with a much more high powered servo. I bought my glitch buster in preparation with a much high torque/speed servo but then I saw 08kgrave mod with metal geared 2075, I backed off lol.
    BEC is probably a good choice in case you wanted to add lights, fans etc...

I'm gonna get one and try it out. I have a slightly upgraded servo and a strc bell cranks and was having trouble getting my servo to center after I turn. I replaced the bell crank with a stock unit and I'm going to try the glitch buster ando hope that fixes the problem.

I'm gonna get one and try it out. I have a slightly upgraded servo and a strc bell cranks and was having trouble getting my servo to center after I turn. I replaced the bell crank with a stock unit and I'm going to try the glitch buster ando hope that fixes the problem.
    Caps will work as long as you dont have a crazy hungry servo.
    I run one with my specky s6040 and I've never had any glitching or brown outs, it is however matted to a RX-8 esc.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I run 10amp cc becs on everything else, the bec was only $19 ans the cap was $13.
    If you know what your doing you can get a resister from radio shack for a buck or two and make your own cap.

Caps will work as long as you dont have a crazy hungry servo.
    I run one with my specky s6040 and I've never had any glitching or brown outs, it is however matted to a RX-8 esc.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I run 10amp cc becs on everything else, the bec was only $19 ans the cap was $13.
    If you know what your doing you can get a resister from radio shack for a buck or two and make your own cap.
    I have a savox sw0231mg. I bought a glitch buster on ebay that a guy made. It was only $3.50 shipped. I've watched videos on how to make them but figured at that price it's worth a shot.

I have a savox sw0231mg.
    You shouldn't have an issue with that servo, with the exception of a bit more torque the metal gears are the only real difference.
    A resister sure wont hurt anything tho.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast