RC poster

t-maxx 4910 black transmission all metal conversion

hey guys has any of you been able to do a complete all metal gears conversion in your transmission if so how did you do it I thought about doing the foc but I really like my reverse and want a bullet proof transmission

RC Qualifier
    did yourds break if not just wait till it does thats what i do i upgrade as i break
    Don't force it out. GET A BIGGER HAMMER!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-maxx newbie View Post
    hey guys has any of you been able to do a complete all metal gears conversion in your transmission if so how did you do it I thought about doing the foc but I really like my reverse and want a bullet proof transmission
    I have, but I'm going to be dropping in a Big Block. And No it still does not have reverse....

R.R.P. makes good steel gears, my setup is a combination of steel and alloy gears and retails for around $300.00 (and not having reverse)....

So if you have a Small block motor, honestly after some time, you won't need reverse. You will find you won't get into those situations where reverse is even necessary.... By dropping reverse you actually gain performance, fuel mileage and efficiency as well as strength without ANY addition rotational mass being addded to the tranny....

Example, find 2 bicycles, one with a heavy offroad tire on it, another with a much lighter street tire on it. NOw from where it is closes to the axle try to get them to spin as fast and as quickly as possible. THe one with the least amount of weight will get up to speed much easier and quicker than the other,,, rotational mass....

Hey,,, why do you think TMAXX's and Revo's have reverse as an option these days compared to when it was a standard feature... Think about it.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall