Thread: Tower Hobbies

RC Racer

Tower Hobbies

Hi I am wanting to buy a slash platinum from tower hobbies, but I want to make sure it is the new version. Does anyone know if tower is shipping the new version yet.

Thanks
    Phil

I just went on their site. There didn't have tra6804r. I think you are going to have to wait a little longer for them to get it in stock. Other stores have it in stock but I'm sure you want the $60.00 discount tower offers.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    yeah i noticed the 6804r is not there but knowing tower they won't get around to changing the part number till later they will just start shipping the new version under to old part number. Just wondered if anyone has tried yet? I may try it and just send it back if it don't work. Has anyone gotten one from tower recently?

Your best bet might be to call them. No need to second guess and ask around when you can go straight to the source.

RC Racer
    Thanks I might do that. Not sure if they know though. I my experience they are very nice people but if it doe snot specifically say it on the computer, they have no idea what they have. I gues that is the problem when you are that big.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Phil

RC Racer
    I called them last week , and they had no clue about it she tried telling me it didn't exist so I emailed a link and she tried telling me it was the same as 6804.i ended up getting 500$ amazon gift card for all the hrs I put in the last couple of weeks at work and ordered it through amazon from horizon hobby.
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

Ok, well it's too bad that they don't know what's new in the rc scene. You might have to wait awhile for tower to get it together.

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully the company knows what's new, probably just an uninformed support person.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by walski29 View Post
    I called them last week , and they had no clue about it she tried telling me it didn't exist so I emailed a link and she tried telling me it was the same as 6804.i ended up getting 500$ amazon gift card for all the hrs I put in the last couple of weeks at work and ordered it through amazon from horizon hobby.
    Yup I was wondering the same as well. I just called Tower, the lady was clueless. She has no clue what I was talking about and no clue when they are getting them lol. Thank you, you were so helpful.

You know, I have worked in the public and just the way I was brought up. When you don't know something when a customer asks, you tell them I don't know but I will try to find out for you. Not, I don't know and leave it at that.

Sounds like something simple to some doesn't it. Well, they just lost a $400 + sale. I was waiting for it to come in stock at Tower and buying in there. Now I wont be, of course I will still shop there, but doing that will make me feel better. Sure I might pay a little more but I don't mind.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Racer
    I emailed them yesterday asking the same question. The reply I got was basically they don't have a date yet for the 6804R and the only way to get a LCG slash from them at the moment is to buy the Ultimate Slash with the 5000mAh LiPo. I wish they would hurry up and list them, I want to use one of their codes to buy one. I have a feeling they are waiting for the old stock to move first.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKennyKiller1 View Post
    I emailed them yesterday asking the same question. The reply I got was basically they don't have a date yet for the 6804R and the only way to get a LCG slash from them at the moment is to buy the Ultimate Slash with the 5000mAh LiPo. I wish they would hurry up and list them, I want to use one of their codes to buy one. I have a feeling they are waiting for the old stock to move first.
    I think you hit tha nail on the head! They don't want to have a bunch of old trucks sitting around that they cannot sell. When they are out of their current stock is when they will probably get the new Platinum in stock.